Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Louis#7 Skintone Lin's Edition - for Default and None-Default.

by nihilin Posted 17th Jul 2006 at 12:05 AM - Updated 30th Dec 2006 at 9:44 PM by nihilin

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 9:05 PM
finally going to get rid of these maxis skins!!! YES!!! XD thanks!!! I got sick of loooking at boring skintones before I start making a sim lol.
Forum Resident
#27 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 4:48 PM
These look great! I'm currently using the regular defaults but much like a lot of other people, don't like the mandatory features Louis put on them. Does your version include the clear eyes that Louis has on hers? If not, that would be perfect!
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 6:03 PM
can i use only light one as default? i did, but only light one worked, other default one i download became bad.....
Mad Poster
#29 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 1:37 AM
Thank God you removed the brows because I hated how they were visible with other brows that you would put on them. THANKS!
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 12:06 AM
I'm having problems downloading the dark tan skintone. It says it's not a valid archive.

I really appreaciate that you made these defaults. They're my favorite custome skins.

★☆The Amano Legacy☆★
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 6:17 AM
Hello!
I've a request ..
You can made a green recolor of your lovely skintones and set this to alien default?

sorry for the bad english but i'm italian ^^"
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 10:55 PM
Like others have said, this default skintone set is wonderful, fantastic job! I downloaded and installed them in my game a while ago and have enjoyed them so much! I'm also considering uploading two sims of mine who are using your skintones, so I want to thank you for giving us permission to include your skintones with our sims, and of course I'll give a link and proper credit back to you. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 9:47 AM
great work, thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#34 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 10:42 AM
awww,these are the most beautiful default skintones,thank you!!!! :D
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miacovaspet
I love these skins but am having trouble with the defaults. The townies heads do not match their bodies. I have all five required files. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

*smacks side of head* I had two sets of default skins. I haven't opened my game yet but I bet that's what the problem was!

This same thing happened to me, although this is the first set of default skins i have ever downloaded! Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:10 AM

Thanks very much for creating these they are great, make my sims look so much better than the Maxis ones.
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 3:43 PM
I love them! Can you make theme compatible with pets, please?
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 6:07 PM
i think something is wrong with the dark one. when i downloades it i get a message that there is a virus in it ! why ? i´m frightenging (or something lieke that , i´m from germany and can´t english )
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 10:51 AM
I seriously love these, and have the default add-on! However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to make your "Tan" skin a default skin? Either the 2nd or 3rd Maxis one, but I would really like the "Tan" colour as a default. It's gorgeous

~Infernal
Field Researcher
#40 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:11 PM
these are lovely!

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 12:31 PM
Awww thanks, they're BEAUTIFUL!!!

Silkydog.
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:33 AM
I don't know why but default mid skintone doesn't work properly There are dark squares on the body and it looks awful and a bit annoying when it comes to NPCs and I don't know what to do...

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 9:57 PM
Would it be totally wrong to ask if i could edit these? im starting a contest and i'd like edit and pass these on to the winner.
Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 2:15 PM
well I have problems with defaults too (but not with yours)..can you tell me how to delete them if I downloaded them with Q-XPress 1.1.0.9? please tell me because those skins don't let me see other downloads in my game, I only see them in body shop
P.S your skins are just great! I love them :D
Instructor
#45 Old 17th May 2007 at 4:08 PM
I just posted in N99's suggestions forum wanting someone to do eyebrowless versions of these skins or some eyebrow-hiding face makeup, and somebody pointed me in this direction. Awesome! Louis's skins are still the nicest-looking on the largest percentage of Sims in my book, and you've removed both of the things I disliked about them (the painted-on brows and the navel piercings). Only thing that'd make it even better would be alien and zombie versions.
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rascal
Thanks very much for these. I also had tried (and failed) to make default overides of your great skins but had a problem where fit adult males would revert to the maxis body (but retain the custom face). I'll definately be trying these out.

I currently use your skins like this:

Mid = Light
Tan = Mid
Dark Tan = Tan
Dark = Dark

If you are willing to do alternative versions I would love it if you could do your mid tone as the default light and your tan as the default mid.

Thanks

I want it like that too! I've put those skintones in, but Mid is just as mid, tan as tan, dark as dark, and light doesn't exist. :\ (my sims get this white skintone, with black letters and numbers)
Help!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 2:45 PM
Yay, thanks for these, I LOVE Louis skintones use them as defaults ^_^
Test Subject
#48 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 4:30 PM
Great skintones! I have a question though. I dont mean to sound like a perv or anything lol but if they were to take a bath, would their private areas look like abrbie dolls or have the blur? Because im making a sims video and i want them to look realistic
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 12:10 AM
Could you fix the defaults? Right now, it says that the defaults aren't on the server.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 12:59 PM
Dear Lin,

I love your edits, and I've been using your defaults for quite a while now. However I prefer a different set of colors (Light, Medium, Tan, DarkTan), so I made my own defaults from your skins. Would you mind if I uploaded them here at MTS2? Of course I would give the full credit to you and Louis since I only made them defaults and didn't alter them in any way ...
Page 2 of 3