Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for WA Worlds' Routing Fix (updated 2014.01.28)

by ellacharmed Posted 20th Jul 2011 at 10:57 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2014 at 4:23 PM by ellacharmed : disapearing lot fix

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 1:46 PM
Wow! The pictures do indeed speak for themselves. You have to wonder how much testing EA did before they released WA. Thank you very much for helping to solve our game issues. It's modders like you who keep the Sims playable.
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:14 PM
Nice work ellacharm3d! Installs fine, and seems so far to cut lag in China.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
#4 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:15 PM
Personally, I've had nothing but problems since Generations. I truly love the EP, but I've uninstalled it until someone figures out all the glitches.

You have figured out at least one of those glithces, and I am truly grateful and thankful.

Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:35 PM
i can't use this Files it's not Package Files.

Can you help me.

Greetings

Harald
#6 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:43 PM
Nice, ella! Thanks very much - I'll have to fiddle with this soon.

The_Rookie - Did you see the "Solution" section? It has a link under there for full instructions on how to use this. You'll need to use S3PE. This kind of fix can't be done as package files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:02 PM
I have followed the instructions, but my game just breaks then I try get in china.I tried two times to get there .
In the Arena
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:42 PM
Thanks guys! I'm more a fiddler of stuff than a modder at this stage.

I just added an extra note regarding France, as that zip has an extra resource for the little piece of road that I deleted. That's the nagging little feeling I had for the past two days! I knew I forgot something.

@Lutale,
restore the original world back to test if it loads without any issues, then try again, please? Can you elaborate more on what you mean by breaks? China cannot load or is there an error message?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:57 PM
Well, while loading china my game juts shuts off .
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 4:01 PM
Yeah, definitely restore the original world first and test with that. Then go over the instructions again. If you want to list out the steps you took, I'll see if the instructions missed a step somewhere or need tweaking and other improvements/simplifications in some places.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 20th Jul 2011 at 5:48 PM.
Wonderful! Anything to remove lag from my game.
I assume from your Wiki article that you plan on correcting the other worlds as well and uploading after the Town Life patch?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:39 PM
I found my mistake.Instead of opening S3PE as administrator I opened it trough China.Thank you everyone for the help .
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:02 PM
Oh WTF? Really? A little piece of road couldn't be seen from a dev? Ridiculous. I can understand the spots, unless the spots in question are obvious.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 6:53 PM
@Menaceman44, yes. Time permitting, and more for my own sanity to reduce the Help threads we get daily due to lags, that's the plan.
Plus, I can already hear the grumbling from those who are unwilling to mess with game files or those on Macs. They just have to be patient a tad longer.

@Lutale, for figuring it out! I wonder if that should be in bold...

@fway, isn't it? Most of the in your-face ones are just like that - only take a person to zoom out and there it is.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:00 PM
Thank you. Seriously, thank you SO MUCH. I've been trying to fix this myself, and I think I found your wikipage before your upload was approved, and I was trying to fix it using CAW, only I'm a noob at it, so it wasn't going to work, and I was going to give up and keep reset sim * ing until the end of time. You have saved my sanity.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:28 PM
Hm. Here's hoping someone writes these up as a simple patch or something. I have no problem going in and messing with game files, but I do take issue with the way S3PE installs itself (as in, all over my registry and a hidden empty folder in my application data).

I have no idea if the application needs everything it slaps on my computer, but like Python and pretty much any game released after 2004, it's too damn greedy in where it puts files, most often without telling you.

Thank you, though, for doing everyone the favour of finding and eliminating these problems.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
Wow! The pictures do indeed speak for themselves. You have to wonder how much testing EA did before they released WA.
I'm gonna guess very little.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 2:49 AM
This really is great, thank you so much
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:32 AM
@EmuMaster2002,
what do you mean about s3pe? S3PE is a portable app, it does not install anything into registry. The only registry entries I have on S3PE are from my Firewall's registry entries on its Policies regarding the s3pe.exe and because I have a Windows shell thing to send .package to S3PE by default. If you're concern the installer is doing extra stuff (which I'm not seeing), there's the zip version - self-contained in its own folder - there, problem solved.

You can, I suppose, create an executable to extract the fixed .world file (not available as yet, I'm waiting to see if these fixes work for everyone) and place it into the appropriate folder and replace the current contents of said World folder. But why do the extra work?
This is also kinda contradicting the point you make about not wanting programs doing stuff that you don't know what they change, when it would have been the same to download a world file, extract and place it yourself. With the added advantage of knowing exactly which .world file you yourself had changed.

And now I'm in danger of digressing into discussion on evil programs with extra hidden things...and going off topic.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 7:01 AM
I didn't know there was a portable version, but what I do know is that when I installed and ran S3PE on my laptop, I discovered months later a folder in my application data called peter l jones/s3pe (or something like that) which was empty but the program refused to run when I deleted it. I can try it again, but the installer version, or at least the installer version of a year or two ago, was downright greedy and presumptuous about things, including assigning .package files to itself without asking.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:42 AM
I'm speechless after viewing the maps. I guess I better roll up my sleeves and figure out how to use the tools to correct EA's bs.

Thanks so much for the fix.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:33 PM
wow thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:05 AM
Thank you so much for this. At this point I am not courageous enough to try fixing it, but if I end up having to go back to China many more times I may just have to attempt it!!

Do you think eventually a mod could / would be made that can do it on its own for those of us unadventurous types? (Stupid EA!!)
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 5:03 PM
@Selene1212,
a mod to be placed in /Mods/Packages won't work. It has to be done in the world files themselves or your Saves won't be affected at all. I'm not keen in doing it all over again with the Town Life SP looming in the horizon, as stated in the wiki. If no one else beats me to the punch, the .world files will probably be uploaded after the patching frenzy dies down...if there is a patch, that is.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 3:26 PM
I actually don't even travel anymore because of the insane lag I experience. Every time I see one of these fixes, I lose even more faith in EA. Thanks for your hard work!
Page 1 of 3