Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TESTERS NEEDED: TS1 Buy Mode music for TS3

by blakegriplingph Posted 16th Mar 2012 at 12:07 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2012 at 12:17 PM by blakegriplingph

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 76 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 12:26 PM
aa thank You music from sims 1 is sooo much better as I think I agree that sims 3 doesn't have that magic in it's music, I'm also waiting for more :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keikko
aa thank You music from sims 1 is sooo much better as I think I agree that sims 3 doesn't have that magic in it's music, I'm also waiting for more :D

Yeah, the music in TS3 is fine imo, but it does lack the charm the original had.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:06 PM
OMG THANK YOU!!!! I love the old music so much and i've been trying to figure out how to change it in the sims 3 for the past week but i couldn't do it without crashing my game or having no sound at all thank you soo much!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 7:47 PM
The Sims music was and is such a wonderful soundtrack!
This is wonderful and I second that if it is possible please make build mode music!
Thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:21 PM
MY TESTING: This working good, no problems
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:24 AM
I ended up listening to this music a couple of days ago and its pretty ironic thats its here too x3
Tried it and works!!
Thanks a lot this brings back good memories~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:05 PM
WOW, this is nothing short of awesome! If at all possible, you should make the rest of Sims 3 music Sims 1 music. Thanks so much for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:15 PM
The original Sims had the best build/buy music. Pretty cool mod
Scholar
THANKS POST
#34 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 8:15 PM
love it!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:05 PM
I love you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 4:01 AM
well lady.... tested it and it worked perfectly!! love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 3:43 PM
This is great :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#38 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 4:18 PM
Omg Yes!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:02 PM
Oh, wow. I was experimenting with something similar to this. Glad to see someone else managed to figure it out first.

I don't suppose you've found out how to make the game accommodate the length of the new song, did you? That's the one thing that kept tripping me up, especially with the title screen music.

I think there might be a separate part of the gamedata that refers to song length, but I've yet to find it. It doesn't help I'm so code-retarded I probably wouldn't know it if it jumped out and bit me. It'd really help with stuff like adding loadloop.wav without an annoyingly long silence or CTD.

Anyways, doting on method aside, thanks~! ^_^
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Dashing Wario
I don't suppose you've found out how to make the game accommodate the length of the new song, did you?

He said, earlier in this thread, that he added some silence to the end of the old song to make it the same length as the new song.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Forum Resident
#41 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 1:30 AM
You should try to replace the sting noises with ones from TS1, and where applicable TS2.

I really hate TS3's stings.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 3:09 AM
Second the request for Build music. That lovely piano sound!

Really cool idea mate, I'm glad someone did this. Thanks for sharing it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:53 PM
I can also test this if you want! I have ALL the Expansions+Stuff Packs and ALL the Store Content.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:42 AM
IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO THIS! I THANK YOU GREATLY! if i could i would've made this mod years ago. but alas i'm too un learned lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:44 AM
will there be a ts1 build mode music mod soon?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#46 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 1:46 AM
Well I hope someone can make improvements on the EALayer3 tool, as I did have some difficulty in compiling the sound files.
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 3:17 AM
Default not recommended for mac
testing: I use a mac, specifically lion and I totally understand why it would be different but just putting out there that it's not recommended for mac use. causes random crashes while in buy mode
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM
This is one of the BEST, most creative, and useful mods I've seen in a very long time. You don't even know how long I've been waiting for reliable music-changing mods for TS3.

Thank you so much for making this. Now I just need a mod that allows you to add/change custom music to create-a-sim. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 3:56 PM
Hey - very great idea!
But there ist still the music from the original Sims 3 game..its just one more track now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:07 AM
I love this! It would be great if we could have the rest of it too.
Page 2 of 4