Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#701 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:49 AM
The Book of Dave by Will Self.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#702 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 4:11 PM
Im reading the first Game of Thrones book after hearing the TV seris was good i decided the books would be ten times better than the show.

I'm enjoying it so far, i can feel myself getting attached to some of the characters already and i'm only 10% in according to the Kindle.

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Scholar
#703 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:24 PM
The third volume of The Walking Dead series.
Test Subject
#704 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 10:25 AM
I've got some new H.P. Lovecraft books on mail-order, so those soon!
Test Subject
#705 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:02 AM
Pretty Little Liars Book 2 - Flawless.
Forum Resident
#706 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:38 AM
Dark Secret by Christine Feehan. LOVE this series.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Test Subject
#707 Old 21st May 2013 at 9:45 AM
Absolution Gap by Alastair Reynolds
Test Subject
#708 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:15 AM
I read the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I've finished reading the five and I'm thinking of reading Clockwork Angel too.
Lab Assistant
#709 Old 25th May 2013 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I tried to read this then I remembered why I gave up on the genre long time ago. They all seem to be the same, the girl is a clueless virgin and the guy is some rich womaniser that somehow falls madly in love and it all ends with they lived happily ever after.

Sounds like my ex's relationship with his stalker in 2008 since she was a clueless virgin and he was womanizer her while dating me until he broke up with me and "happily ever after got married to her"..well until recently when they broke up.. I guess she thought that the book would show how they got together. well hunny, I think you need to live in reality. --I know this is off topic but I wanted to vent a little because it just makes sense to your post!

I too am starting that book and its eh, so far, I don't see what the point is about.

The books I have been reading have been old school kids books, (I have a reading disability) but anyways, so I have been finding older chapter learning books from like 4-5 grade, (my reading disability is from that grade level range..i know I am in college passing why do I have a disability in reading but I am on Ritalin helping me focus in my classes..)

I like Harriet the spy, The Giver, and I like manga books, etc. I basically just check out books from my local library on my kindle fire that I find interesting. Its a lot cheaper than paying on Amazon.
Mad Poster
#710 Old 25th May 2013 at 6:12 PM
I picked up a copy of Caroline Leavitt's Is This Tomorrow at a book reading given by the author. So, my copy is signed The stories from her own life that she wove into the book were interesting as was the research she did to get the details of 1950s in the Boston suburbs down. I had no idea that Jews or divorcees were treated that badly. The first chapter pulled me in immediately.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#711 Old 26th May 2013 at 2:09 AM
Pleasure of a Dark Prince - Kresley Cole (from the Immortals After Dark series)

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
Mad Poster
#712 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 3:47 AM
Tenth of December by George Saunders
Test Subject
#713 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim_serenity
Pretty Little Liars Book 2 - Flawless.

I'm reading the Pretty Little Liars series as well! I'm currently on book 5 - Wicked. I've been on it for over a week =/ I just recently started watching the TV series as well, and I'll admit that's taken some of the fun from reading the books - I already kind of know what is going to happen =/
Lab Assistant
#714 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:33 AM
I found some of the Rizzoli & Isles books at a rummage sale, and couldn't help myself. They're excellent books, and I've barely put them down!
Forum Resident
#715 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:35 AM
Dark Peril by Christine Feehan.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#716 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 5:05 AM
I finished re-reading The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers - such a great book.
Mad Poster
#717 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 2:38 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Sep 2013 at 9:25 PM.
The "Light" book in the Gone series, by Michael Grant (I've read 3 of the books in just a few days, and have troubles putting them down because I do like fast-paced books quite a lot. A bit repetitive in the language, but quite exciting even so)
"The Omen Machine" by Terry Goodkind (for the 3rd time or so - I tend to have at least one of his books on my 'currently reading' list)
"Handle with care" by Jodi Picoult
"Before I fall" by Lauren Oliver
I think I was in the middle of the Wheel of Time series too (for the 6-7th time or so), but... well, I went crazy on Amazon again and suddenly had a lot of other books to read, and now I can't remember which of the books I was reading.

They're all books I've started and intend to finish in the very near future. I just tend to start one book, find one that is more fast-paced or relevant for something I'm doing, and reading that instead - or I just need a smaller or "lighter" book for traveling. I often jump between them, depending on what I feel like reading. Some books are nice for night-time reading, while others are nice for long travels, some are just so good I can't put them down, and some I just can't get enough of and have to read several times because there's always more to discover in them.
Test Subject
#718 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 8:56 PM
Currently reading Fragments by Dan Wells. It's part 2 in the series, but so far I think the first book is better.
Lab Assistant
#719 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 11:41 PM
I am currently reading Smoke by Ellen Hopkins. I think it explains a lot about where Burned left off. Hopefully this means it's a trilogy, because this seems like a book you'd read in-between.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#720 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 11:12 AM
Turns out The City and The City was very good, after all. I'll be slightly less hesitant about China Mieville's books in future. Since then I've also read a non-fic which my Mum lent me - Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. It's quite well known, over here at least, and I can't recommend it enough. It really fills in the gaps behind the normal kind of critical thinking you apply to advertising and other media, in the context of sciencey claims, but it's very accessible and very easy to read. I'll have to get hold of his other book, Bad Pharma, sometime.

I'm now back to fiction, and have just started reading Night of the Mi'raj by Zoe Ferrarris. Picked it up for 50p at the pound shop (riddle me that). It's a weird book, but in an interesting way - it's about a rich Saudi family, one of whose daughters is found dead in the desert when she should have been tucked up safe at home, and a family friend who tries to find out what happened to her. I get the feeling that the answer is going to be all about gender segregation in Saudi society, and it's quite a political book, but enjoyable.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#721 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:39 AM
I'm reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt - really good.
Field Researcher
#722 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 9:13 AM
I have been "reading" From This Moment On by Bella Andre for the past month now.
I've been too busy for romance, even though I love romance a lot.
Test Subject
#723 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 8:41 AM
I've just finished It by Stephen King and now I don't know what to do with my life.

I have loads of books checked out from the library at the moment but I have no idea where to start. I'll probably end up reading another King book (I have The Girl Who Loved Tim Gordon, The Shining and Pet Sematary all checked out, as well as a copy of Misery that I own) but idk. I feel kind of lost now I've finished reading It. I got so into it and the characters felt like they were my friends, and the town of Derry, though fictional, feels like a real place that I know just as well as where I live in rl.

I might check out The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, I'm very curious about it. For now I'll probably read Pet Sematary, The Shining or Misery.
Instructor
#724 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'm reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Sadl, in Danish, as it's for school, but I still like the book.
Mad Poster
#725 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:27 AM
I started Doctor Sleep by Stephen King - hoping to read my way through the holidays.
Page 29 of 41