Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 Conversions II - 6 New-ish Patterns

by Plum Posted 20th Jul 2009 at 9:35 AM - Updated 20th Jul 2009 at 9:52 PM by Plum : fixed a typo

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 8:46 PM
Awesomeness! Thanks for sharing these!
Mad Poster
#27 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:17 PM
I am so happy that someone requested these walls, didn't realize how much I missed them. Ooo, got the cement walls back, YAY! Thanks so Plum for making them and sharing!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:45 AM
Yes! Thank you soo much! Its good to have concrete.
Instructor
#29 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:02 AM
Mmmm your wood looks yummier than what TS3 has. Nom nom nom!
Eminence Grise
#30 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Plum
I think you just hit the > key, unless I'm mistaken.

That works for floors, but not for wood on other objects. Hence why most of the Maxis woods swing both ways.
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:58 AM
Hm, didn't think of that.

Honestly, I might get around to it at some point, but I'm pretty burnt out on patterns right now. If someone wants to PM me and ask for the DDS files and do it yourself that's fine with me. You can even post them in a new MTS thread with your shiny name in lights.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 9:39 PM
Additional Credits:
I did everything myself. I taught myself how to make patterns, and I even coded a little program called "Plum's Pattern Packager" (patent pending) that makes it easy to put patterns in game. CALL ME A LIAR I DARE YOU.

>_>

<_<

(thanks HP and Delphy)

This is the friggin' funniest thing I have read all day.
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:49 PM
I absolutely adore these. Esp. the concrete ones. My postmodern sims thank you!
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:18 AM
I missed the TS2 wood patterns sooo much! Thanks for making these!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:52 PM
Thanks for sharing - these look terrific!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:48 PM
ho thank you!!!
these were very much needed, more please.
RETROTROUT
#37 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:24 AM
Thanks for creating these. In fact I was surprised to see some TS2 floors here on MTS.info and I thought that I would install them in my game and I swear to God they look amazing. Thanks again for making these :D

Retrotrut Is On Zee Track
Test Subject
#38 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:04 PM
Unfortunatly, I cannot seem to get these to work. They are in my Mods/Packages folder, but they don't show up in-game. Can anyone help?
Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Erca
Unfortunatly, I cannot seem to get these to work. They are in my Mods/Packages folder, but they don't show up in-game. Can anyone help?

Do you have any other patterns in your game that do work? Just trying to determine if it's my packages that are causing you a problem or if we're starting from scratch here.
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:49 AM
Do you have any other patterns in your game that do work? Just trying to determine if it's my packages that are causing you a problem or if we're starting from scratch here.

I have a few texture packages in my folder, however, these do not work, either.

I have your textures, wood replacement textures, tattoos, eye replacements and a custom swimsuit. The swimsuit works, not sure about the eyes (Never saw the default :P) and the tattoos don't work. I just added the wood replacement textures recently, and I believe they work.

I have a few other things, although they work fine.
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:26 AM
So you have stuff that works and stuff that doesn't... Are all of these items in your Mods/Packages folder, and are you using Delphy's Resource.cfg?
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 9:49 PM
So you have stuff that works and stuff that doesn't... Are all of these items in your Mods/Packages folder, and are you using Delphy's Resource.cfg?

Everything is in the Mods/Packages folder. I don't think I am using Delphy's resource.

"Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package"
Instructor
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM
In that case... I have no idea. Sorry! I'm not all that tech savvy. Browse around the help forum, and if none of those solutions work then making you own thread'll get you help from someone smarter than me.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:02 AM
In that case... I have no idea. Sorry! I'm not all that tech savvy. Browse around the help forum, and if none of those solutions work then making you own thread'll get you help from someone smarter than me.

Thank you :P
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:00 AM
Unfortunately, none of these are working for me either. :/ not sure what the problem is.
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:11 PM
Is it just these patterns or is it these patterns and other things you've downloaded?
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:02 AM
Just these patterns. I have other patterns, hairs, houses, clothes, etc installed just fine. Not sure what it could be. I've tried installing them a dozen different ways and nothing seems to work. I do have 1.3 and I do have Delphy's installer monkey installed. No hacks or core mods.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:15 AM
YAY-- more of my favorite sims2 floors!! thanks!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Haley0489
Just these patterns. I have other patterns, hairs, houses, clothes, etc installed just fine. Not sure what it could be. I've tried installing them a dozen different ways and nothing seems to work. I do have 1.3 and I do have Delphy's installer monkey installed. No hacks or core mods.

Hmm... I hope it doesn't have to do with the patch. After I patch my game I'll have to check to be sure they're still working. I can't imagine what else it would be, seeing as I made them with Delphy's Pattern Packager just like possibly all of the other patterns on MTS.

Please let me know if you figure it out, and I'll do likewise. Sorry they're not working for you!
Test Subject
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 11:40 PM
Nah, can't be the patch because I downloaded and installed them days (a week maybe?) before patching my game. I'm not sure what else it could be either, other than my game is just funky. -kicks it-
Page 2 of 3