Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door with glass

by lemoncandy Posted 10th Oct 2009 at 3:58 PM - Updated 29th Dec 2009 at 6:47 PM by lemoncandy

116 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Scholar
#26 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:31 PM
Loves it! Thanks for sharing.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 7:50 PM
Thanks all for the comments!

Quote: Originally posted by sarahzsmylz
Us the whole kitchen up for DL? I love the walls and the counters, too.

No it isn't, but it's only some game textures and one pattern (the wallpaper) that you can find in my downloads.
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 9:06 PM
In the Kitchen pic, there's this pack of bread in the corner of the counter? Are you planning to upload that?, love it^^ Love the door btw. :D
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 9:12 PM
Thank you so much for this! I was hoping someone would come up with this idea. I was so tired of that stencil door =/
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 9:17 PM
Thank you, this looks great
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 9:28 PM
OMG Thank you, thank you, thank you! I build lots of beachy lots and the lack of appropriate doors has been driving me crazy - this is the EXACT type of door I've been looking for! Thank you! I'll be including this in an upload very soon :-)))
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redleigh86
I'll be including this in an upload very soon :-)))

Looking forward to see it!

Lucassimone3, the bread and buns are from this mod: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353351
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#33 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:05 PM
Does this allow light to "pass" (or have a light source, or whichever way this works in ts3)? Or does it behave like a solid door?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:13 PM
Great job, sounds like you had a lot of hairpulling ;D I'll be downloading the moment I can hop on the other computer! This is so much better. Thanks for the info on how you did it to. You are a pioneer.

Grab some goodies on The Rejected

The Rejected is a shared blog and all are welcomed to join. Now you can also follow us @RejectedSims on Twitter.

I'm currently participating in the Builder's Boulevard first neighborhood project: Sanshi Suimei Please join us!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:21 PM
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Does this allow light to "pass"?

It has to, the glass material is the same as what windows use ("GlassForPortals").
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#37 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 10:48 PM
OK, I just tested – no, it doesn't have any light.

Left: EA solid door, middle: your door, right: EA glass door. Yours behaves like the solid one.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 11:36 PM
You are so awesome! How I wanted some doors like this, missing my Sims 2 doors. I love lemoncandy!! Eating some now.

Thank you, thank you!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#39 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 11:59 PM
I agree with everyone here, and thank you :-)
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:04 AM
Thank you so much!! I have been needing this for a while..and it's perfect!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:04 AM
This is awesome. I've been waiting for this. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:07 AM
This is the door I have been searching for for months!
Test Subject
#43 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:19 AM
Oh my. This is extremely nice. This is going to be a big help with my home's appearances!

Thanks, LemonCandy. <3

Reaching out to embrace the random,
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.
Instructor
#44 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:27 AM
Wonderful! There's nothing amateurish about this at all.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:28 AM
This door is simply awesome!
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:38 AM
OMG you did this. I've wanted this for such a long time. I hate that ugly door EA created with the bolts showing all over the place. Your stuff is terrific. Thank you for all the time you put into your objects and the fact that you're willing to share them too. Thank you!

DebbieCla
Mad Poster
#47 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:22 AM
Thank you!! I hope we can have a double one next.
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:34 AM
Thank you! Ive been looking for something just like this since the game came out!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:57 AM
Positively beautiful! It's soooo much better with plain glass instead of that fugly stencil. Thanks a ton!
Scholar
#50 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 2:15 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 11th Oct 2009 at 2:29 AM.
lovely, thanks. I had a go at removing that stained glass and failed miserably. You have much more patience than me. I don't even care if it doesn't show light, it looks great
Page 2 of 5