Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Deprecated! See description for info)Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97

by simmythesim Posted 8th Jul 2015 at 4:45 AM - Updated 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:02 PM by simmythesim

491 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 289 Feedback Posts, 201 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 20
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#151 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:10 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 9th Jul 2015 at 7:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Foamo
Firstly, glad something like this has finally shown and very thankful that you're the one to bring it to us. I feel it's WIP at the moment but can't wait to see what more you can do with updates.

Using 1.5:
- Is it possible to fix the feet size, at the lowest teen height the feet become small and obvious where I can't ignore them. (A way to keep them normal sized and not shrink when changing height?)
- Is it possible to make an optional version or include in the main version an even lower teen height? Sims 3 height or near that? I still feel it's not low enough and only asking for a tad bit more if possible.
- Ever thought about a neck height slider too? We can adjust neck width but not height.

I don't know if I can do that. I can definitely make lower teen heights. Neck sliders may be possible, let me check.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 7:42 AM
This is very spiffy! Thank you for sharing this.

Is there any way to get a version that is only shorter teens? Or is the height slider required for the shorter teens to work?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#153 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ABullock
This is very spiffy! Thank you for sharing this.

Is there any way to get a version that is only shorter teens? Or is the height slider required for the shorter teens to work?

The height slider is required for shorter teens to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 8:39 AM
It always annoyed me to see only two heigthts in the sims 4, it didn't look like my sims were gradually growing with age. Thank you for "fixing" this! Much appreciated.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#155 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lenivaya
It always annoyed me to see only two heigthts in the sims 4, it didn't look like my sims were gradually growing with age. Thank you for "fixing" this! Much appreciated.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#156 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:20 AM
Thanks for this awesome mod! I'm using 1.6 at the moment and the only issue i'm having is at the lowest height the sims feet sink into the ground, and at the tallest height the sims feet become distorted. I'm not sure whether you were aware of this issue but if there is any way you can work on this it would make this mod even more awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:24 AM
Can you make just shorter teens? Thanks.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#158 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by db221192
Thanks for this awesome mod! I'm using 1.6 at the moment and the only issue i'm having is at the lowest height the sims feet sink into the ground, and at the tallest height the sims feet become distorted. I'm not sure whether you were aware of this issue but if there is any way you can work on this it would make this mod even more awesome.
It seems unfixable at the moment, the feet distortion, but the feet sinking into the ground was something I reduced in the last patch.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#159 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilcasscassYT
Can you make just shorter teens? Thanks.

No, the mod needs the slider for the shorter teens to work.
Test Subject
#160 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
The height slider is required for shorter teens to work.

Gotcha! Still very cool mod. Thanks again for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 10:27 AM
You can make an only shorter teen version?
I mean the idea is awesome, but so mutch animation look suck.. kissing air etc. And the teens not have the same heigh ..i hope im clear aand undestand what i want to say
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#162 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zsuchan
You can make an only shorter teen version?
I mean the idea is awesome, but so mutch animation look suck.. kissing air etc. And the teens not have the same heigh ..i hope im clear aand undestand what i want to say
As far as I'm aware of, only the kissing animations look particularly bad.
Test Subject
#163 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 11:36 AM
Appreciate the update, I'd be super hyped if you can release an optional version with pre-teen height as shown in this mockup picture below.

Image via http://ts4news.com/post/10546269455...-had-proper-age

Understand if some animations will look funky because of it, I'm fine with this I'm just interested in the height for household age immersion and roleplay.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#164 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Foamo
Appreciate the update, I'd be super hyped if you can release an optional version with pre-teen height as shown in this mockup picture below.

Image via http://ts4news.com/post/10546269455...-had-proper-age

Understand if some animations will look funky because of it, I'm fine with this I'm just interested in the height for household age immersion and roleplay.

I'll try to do this later.
Test Subject
#165 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
I'll try to do this later.

Thank you, hope it can be done.
Test Subject
#166 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:01 PM
Hello there! Been playing and testing with V1.6 mostly with teens. I can only imagine it must be tricky to fiddle around with the proportions of the sims to make them believable, but can I make a few suggestions?
- the teen sims at the shortest height have very streched legs, to the point where they look a bit tense. Is it possible to lengtem the legs a tiny bit so that the legs bend a little more and maybe shorten the torso and the arms a bit?
- the feet also seem to be a tricky part, but I'm sure you're also aware of that. Maybe it is possible to reduce how much the feet get affected by the sliders, so that they don't grow or shrink as extreme as they do now?

Just my suggestions. Great to see that you put so much effort into this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:28 PM
i get the 1.6 one but the feet of tall people goes to outside and the shoer people there lower leg get to the back side ??
si any fix about that?
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:39 PM
Im juss couriuos to how your going to update this in the future, because of new animations with new packs and updates... it must take a lot of time and effort. I personally wont use this mod but ts really cool.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sam_Verey
Im juss couriuos to how your going to update this in the future, because of new animations with new packs and updates... it must take a lot of time and effort. I personally wont use this mod but ts really cool.
Also when sims age up from a teen to a young adult do their highs vary or does it only apply in CAS not with genetics and age ups?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 4:31 PM
Thank you :) Hugs!
Inventor
#171 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 4:53 PM
Tried 1.6 and I'll stick with 1.5 not a big fan on the smaller feet fot the teen's new default and not really bothered by the slight hovering/sinking.

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#172 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:09 PM
Help?
Quote: Originally posted by genesis2.0
Thank you!!! You are a scholar among Simmers!!!
I didn't download it beacuse when i opened it with WinZIP it said it was corrupted. I didn't want to have to delete my game folder and start all over. whats wrong with it?
Field Researcher
#173 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:24 PM
Hi can you make it with a back of the neck slider instead because my sims feet are still being distorted on the tallest sim height
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:38 PM
this mod is amazing but im hesitant to use it since my sims feet are wonky sizes and makes them look disproportionate :/
have you tried adding the slider to the hands?
perhaps this way we dont have deformation on feet sizes and as far as i know hands do not have a slider so this would be their only slider.

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 7:18 PM
Can you separate the teen hight and the hight slider files? Id rather just have the shorter teens than the hight slider

Visit my tumblr
The Historical Sim
http://unsinkablejoe.tumblr.com/
Page 7 of 20