Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Numenor : 3rd Oct 2006 at 1:26 AM. Reason: Now the template allows to use a thick floor under the toilet
Default CLONE Templates - Toilet Stall
CLONE TEMPLATES - TOILET STALL

Why use a template?
The Maxis toilet stall looks like a normal toilet, but is managed differently by the game. In particular, many of the toilet function need to "recognize" the stall, and rely on its GUID to do that. Therefore, when you clone a stall and register new GUIDs for it, the game won't recognize it any more as a stall, and your new stall will not work.
My ready-to-clone Toilet Stall template already contains all the BHAVs that must be edited in order to force the game to correctly identify the new stall: just follow carefully the instractions below, and your new stall will be operational in a matter of clicks

Special features included in this template
  • The clones based on this template will work in any game configuration, including the base game only.
  • Unlike the Maxis stall, now the external stall is recolourable, and the porcelain not (it's pointless to have a recolourable porcelain that is barely visible, hidden into the stall).
  • Your clone will not be clogged with useless textures and files, like it happens when cloning the Maxis stall using SimPE.

HOW TO USE THIS TEMPLATE
  1. Start the Object Workshop, click the "Open..." button and load my template; be sure that all the cloning options are checked, except "Pull animations" and "Reference original mesh". Click the "Start" button.
  2. Change the name, description and price of the object; click "Finish".
  3. The Scenegraph Rename Wizard will pop up, suggesting a custom name for the object: you can optionally edit the "ModelName" field, or just accept the suggested name; hit "Update" and then "OK".
  4. Save your package with any filename you like.
  5. When the object is cloned, first off select in turn all the OBJD files and register a new GUID for each of them (4 in total, then).
  6. When done, select again the main OBJD, that is the one without (0,0), (0,1) etc... Click "Update MMAT" and then click Commit.
  7. Write down the GUID that you have registered for the main OBJD: this is the GUID that we'll have to write into the various BHAVs (only the GUID for the main OBJD is relevant)
  8. Select in turn all the BHAVs labelled "[ToiletGlobals] ..." and look for the lines where you read "Test Object Type (Stack Object ID 0x0000, is instance of: GUID 0x12345678)": these is the lines that we have to put our new GUID in. Whenever you find a "Test Object Type" line, select it and edit the first four operands, as shown in this picture:

IMPORTANT: your GUID must be written in the four operands in reverse order, i.e. the first two digits of your GUID in operand 4; the next two digits of your GUID in operand 3, and so on.
    For instance, if you GUID is 00EC781A, you must write in the four operands: 1A 78 EC 00.
  9. Do this GUID replacement in all the "Test Object Type" lines of all the "[ToiletGlobals] ..." BHAVs. There are 13 occurrencies to edit in total: don't forget any of them!

OK, you are done. Save your package and edit the mesh/texture at will, like a normal cloned object.

TERMS OF USAGE OF THE TEMPLATES
Anyone can freely clone my Enhanced Templates to create his own objects, and can post his objects on any site.
It's only required to state that "the object is based on an Enhanced Template by Numenor", and post a link to this thread.
DO NOT REPOST OR REDISTRIBUITE THE TEMPLATES THEMSELVES!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TEMPLATE_ToiletStall.zip (84.3 KB, 380 downloads)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
13 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Birgit43 : 7th Jul 2006 at 7:51 PM.
that´s a really great tutorial. thank you very much for your help with my garden toilet stall.
but i have one problem again with the fixed file you sent back.. it isn´t recolorable. I have update all guids and the first guid I´ve update all MMats again , but it is still uncolorable.
what had i make wrong?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 7:50 PM
it´s me again. now i´ve done it for my own, from the beginning of your tut.
I used your template ,registered new guids, found and changed all 13 testobject type files, imported my new mesh (you know it) and everything seems to be ok.
I can recolor it, but now the sim don´t want to go inside. please, what do i made wrong, please help again?
Screenshots
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 8:10 PM
It looks like the game can't figure out how to get inside.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 8:28 PM
yes, I agree, looks like another object would block the way inside , but I had done excactly what the tutorial said ( i think so)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Numenor : 7th Jul 2006 at 9:16 PM.
Birgit, I had to adjust you first package in a special way, because, if you notice, your touilet has a thick wooden floor, that doesn't exist in normal toilets.
The floor is seen as an obstacle by the sims, and prevents the sims to reach the toilet.

The instructions provided in this tutorial, therefore, aren't suitable in your special case.

Rather than fixing again this new package, I prefer double checking your older one, to see why it is not recolourable.

EDIT: see my next post about the floor problem

EDIT 2: I was going to post the fixed version of your old toilet, but then remembered that you already made further changes on it (added a glass and probably something else), so, I'd better explain how to fix yourself the old non-recolourable toilet.

Open the MMAT and look for the parameter "subset": change "toilet_green" to "toilet-main".

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Alchemist
#7 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 8:52 PM
I had cloned my toilet stall before. I posted about this problem stall a long time ago but nobody answered. I hope I can do it this time. Thank for clone templates.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 9:16 PM
Default Template UPDATED
Now the template allows the usage of a thick floor: the sims should not have any more problems entering the toilet when there is a floor.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 9:16 PM
oh, i understand Numenor. thanks again. I try it again and remove the woodenfloor only for the stall and let it be at the veranda.

edit: just read your post, that´s really great. thanks a lot again!!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 9:11 AM
This is great. Thanks so much for your templates; they are greatly appreciated.

I do not do requests; please don't ask!
Alchemist
#11 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 9:00 AM
My cloned stall worked great. Thanks very much for your cloned template and instructions.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 1:24 PM
gop to build mode and put a door on it
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2007 at 10:58 PM
Thank you Numenor!
Space Pony
#14 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 1:07 PM
I feel stupid, but open the "object workshop" ? Is that in Simpe?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 11:26 PM
Yes, it is part of Simpe. Mine is set up basically how it un-zips and installs, because I am not very sophisticated at this yet. For me, it is a tab along the bottom of the page.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:22 PM
Thank you for this template, Numenor! And the instructions are easy to follow, too.

I'm making an outhouse from the stall. So far, so good but I'm trying to change the BHAVs to where it won't need a wall but can sit on the ground. I found your thread on Changing the Object Placement but really, I need a little confidence before changing anything.

These 2 pics are from the Function Init and line 2 says wall required but line 3 says wall not allowed. I'm stuck.

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:53 PM
The first pic shows the flag for requiring a wall behind it as being cleared- the second shows the flag for not requiring a wall behind it as being set. So your object shouldn't need a wall behind it.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
The first pic shows the flag for requiring a wall behind it as being cleared- the second shows the flag for not requiring a wall behind it as being set. So your object shouldn't need a wall behind it.

Ahh, thank you! But for some reason it does require a wall. I followed the instructions (and double checked) for putting the new GUID numbers described above, so where do you think I should check now?

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#19 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 5:36 PM
That last one is kinda weird. I am not sure why you would want to set a flag to have a wall not allowed behind it.

I'd try changing that second one to [prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x002A (placement flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0001 (allow on floor))

Note: You need to change in both Init and Init 2.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 5:55 PM
Thank you