Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Modeling Poses Overlay Hack V2 w/Face Overlays

by decorgal21572 Posted 8th Feb 2008 at 10:36 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2010 at 9:23 PM by whiterider

417 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 388 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 17
Field Researcher
#101 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 11:34 PM
My dear you deserve a standing ovation!
I adore your hard work so much you have no idea, it must have taking some long frustrating hourse/days/weeks/months.

but in the end, it's been worth it *BIG GLOMPY HUGGLES FROM ALL OF US*

xXx Babbel
Test Subject
#102 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 11:49 PM
Hi,
Thank you for the files.I have put them in the "downloads" folder but it seems it does not work.I have the base game only,and am very new to the "sims".

Perhaps i need other files,or maybe i just don't know what i'm doing???

What do i need to do once in game????

Sorry about this,i just wan't to get it working.

Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#103 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 2:15 AM
If any of you have had everything working fine with the hack, please report back too so we can figure out if it's user error or individual circumstances or whatever. Please say if you have any EPs.

Quote:
Basically what happened is in every pose, the thighs were bent way up and looked like she had no bones. And the bottoms are just on a Maxis mesh. But when I tried it with a full body mesh outfit, it looked fine.

Please read the FULL description. I've already answered your question in the important notes section.

Quote:
I was so excited, but I overwrote both files, and there is no option of face overlays. I am not sure what I did wrong. I then deleted, and reinstalled the first modeling hack, then as it said I overwrote the 2 files. No luck. I will try to delete the cache, but I am not sure if this will help or not.

Do you have the base game only? The face overlay menus should operate with base game only. Are the poses working? Can you provide more info?

Quote:
Thank you for the files.I have put them in the "downloads" folder but it seems it does not work.I have the base game only,and am very new to the "sims".

Perhaps i need other files,or maybe i just don't know what i'm doing???

What do i need to do once in game????

With any object mod, you have to put the hack on your lot, activate the sim you want to control and then click on the box and choose an option. There's a picture of the box on the hack thread for the first version (link is in the beginning of the description). As far as I know, it works somewhat in base game but I haven't had anyone with base game only report that it works fully yet. Hopefully, I'll hear from more base game players.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Field Researcher
#104 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 3:47 AM
I am just stunned! Thank you so much for all your effort in making this masterpeice! I am forever thankful! I Can't wait to make so many exciting new pictures with these poses!
Instructor
#105 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 3:53 AM
I loved the first one so I know this one going to be great. Thanks so much for this.
Test Subject
#106 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 4:24 AM
these all look really amazing, and i cant wait to use them... but, me being a computer idiot, i have absolutely no idea as to how i get my sims to use these poses! i know that i sound extremely stupid, but can anybody tell me how to use these?
lol
kayla
Test Subject
#107 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 4:28 AM
You did an amazing job decorgal21572!! I love all the poses!! Thank you so much for making my sim-models look more fabulous!
PS: I love all ur photoshoot on flickr! How did u pose ur sim like that? I'm one of ur fans^^
~HAPPY SIMMING~
Test Subject
#108 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 4:47 AM
Wow! When I saw this I was so very excited. Great job.

One thing though, I went in game after downloading this, and I still only have the first Modelling box.
You say to overwrite the files, but I'm not too sure how to do so, and I installed this hack with the Q-Express.
So, is there anyway to be sure that I over-wrote the old file, or would just deleting the old hack and installing this one work better?
Thanks.<3
Field Researcher
#109 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 4:54 AM
I love this hack. Thank you so much for creating such a great hack and improving it. I adore your work. It gives us a whole lot of new ways to produce better and variety of picture presentations and story making. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#110 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 4:56 AM
Munkyfeet, I already answered your question three posts above when someone asked the same thing.

Redlipgloss, make sure to delete the old files. As long as you have them in the same folder, it should have overwritten the old ones since they are named the same. If QX didn't work, just download it manually- it's only 1 zip folder with 2 files in them.

Lab Assistant
#111 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 5:35 AM
Perfect for my super model sims.....
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 5:42 AM
How I manage to miss your CC posts is beyond me. I've said it before and I'm going to say it again. Thank you so much decorgal. Your mods are indespensable as a story writter. I would truely be lost without them. I can not wait to use this new and improved model pose. Especially the faces! Getting the face with the action can be the hardest part. Thank you for your hard work and for sharing your genius!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 7:31 AM
I didn't think it could get any better than the first one! Thank you so much for this :D
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 10:58 AM
Thank you.^^
Test Subject
#115 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 11:38 AM
Thanks! It´s so cool!
Love it!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 12:29 PM
Ahahah, I saw it yesterday and it was picked and I thought: "Arghh, ONLY picked??!!" and today featured Thank you, I love your hacks!!!

;
Theorist
#117 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 2:33 PM
Thanks a lot for this Is there any pose removed from the first one?
Test Subject
#118 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 11:03 PM
i'm one of those only base game owners. thank you sooo much for making this base game compatible!! i was devastated when your first one came out and i couldn't download it so i am somewhat of a newbie at this. -__-

err... when you have the sim in a pose, is there supposed to be an icon in the top left corner where you can X it out? when my sims were in the pose, i couldn't figure a way to get them out of it. the only way i could do it was using the snap restart thing, which you said don't use if possible.

and one last thing... if you make them do poses one right after another, are the sims supposed to sink into the floor or remain in the air?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 11:51 PM
Treeag, yes I did take out or modify some previous poses. Almost every female standing pose has been reworked. The ones I took out, if I saw used a lot, I just reworked and improved and others I changed if I noticed not many people using them.

Happy_simming, read the whole description for the first edition of this hack- it's an OVERLAY hack, so you can't queue stuff and that description explains that more. This was done so you can manipulate their facial expressions. To stop, you just choose stop instead of start which you should have noticed in the menu. You can't queue them one after another. As for the sinking stuff- read the full description. That's been explained in detail already.

Lab Assistant
#120 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 2:20 AM
well, a couple of those pics are rather erotic. lol, just the way i like it! thanks a lot, i love playing photographer in the sims.

i build houses! that would sound much more important if they were real houses...
Theorist
#121 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 5:04 AM
awesome!
Test Subject
#122 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 5:30 AM
It's very useful,thank you! XD
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 5:40 AM
amazing job Gal!

just a thought for future ideas but i know us couture designers would love more fashion type poses, not so ready-to-wear poses. you know the arched back/leg out, the twisted neck. just those really haute couture type things.

just an idea. thanks so much for what youve already given us! your amazing!

Andrew Shields My personal portfolio

Andrew Shields Facebook Page <3
Test Subject
#124 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 9:16 AM
A question for you: will it be compatible with any exp packs?
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 10:39 AM
Fantastic, Many Thanks.

~Purveyor of All Things Pantyhose and Feet~
Page 5 of 17