Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Modeling Poses Overlay Hack V2 w/Face Overlays

by decorgal21572 Posted 8th Feb 2008 at 10:36 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2010 at 9:23 PM by whiterider

417 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 388 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 17
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 12:31 PM
WOW~~~thank you so much!! i had wait this great download for a long time!!

*****hello,i'm hongkong girl, i like sim2******
Test Subject
#152 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 2:07 PM
A----m----a----z----i----n----g ^^

Kiss Kiss... Bang! Bang!
Test Subject
#153 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 4:40 PM
This is astounding, you have great talent. Thank you for sharing. I love ALL the poses, just about to download it =D

Can I ask where you got the clothes in the joint group shot from, they're great ? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks again.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 7:05 PM
Thank You very much! It's amazing!
Theorist
#155 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicole.
This is astounding, you have great talent. Thank you for sharing. I love ALL the poses, just about to download it =D

Can I ask where you got the clothes in the joint group shot from, they're great ? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks again.

I think they're from her own site.
Test Subject
#156 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 2:11 PM
This is helpful. I'm glad there's a newer version than the previous poses, because that time when I chose "Snap out of poses" a blue window showed up, suggesting three options: either I delete my sim, reset it or cancel (which doesn't even close the window). So just when I was about to let you know, you appear to have updated the downloads.

Anyways, can't wait to try it out. Thanks!
Test Subject
#157 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 4:30 PM
thank you so much for your wonderful work!!!
Test Subject
#158 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 5:23 PM
exellent, iv needed this for a while and came across it just now....ima go try it out, sounds good so far

some of my photography...http://www.myspace.com/xegethra, obviously in the image section >_>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...newcradle-1.jpg
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#159 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Guss04
This is helpful. I'm glad there's a newer version than the previous poses, because that time when I chose "Snap out of poses" a blue window showed up, suggesting three options: either I delete my sim, reset it or cancel (which doesn't even close the window). So just when I was about to let you know, you appear to have updated the downloads.

That's not an issue with the hack either for the first version or this. You're not supposed to use the snap reset, you're supposed to use the stop option to stop a pose. You're supposed to use the snap if you can't remember which pose you used and I already specified in the instructions how to use this so please read the FULL thing.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#160 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 2:01 AM
Wow, this hack looks awesome. Thank you very much for your hard work.
Test Subject
#161 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 3:16 AM
Amaaaazing! Thank you so much decorgal! *_* Now I can present my clothes with this beautiful poses ^_^ , And the male poses are awesome!! THANKS!! (:
Test Subject
#162 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 5:03 PM
hi,gal
it's a great job for your creation.now i can let the sims show some cool poses.haha

I am not 100% fluent, but at least I am improving.
Test Subject
#163 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 6:57 PM
This looks ah-mazing. Great job. Can't wait to try it out. <3. iNDUSTRiAL.

If I was a superhero, my name would be Ferocia Coutura, and my signature move would be hairspray in the eyes.
-Christian Siriano-

http://[iNDUSTRiALMeTaLSims]
Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 1:48 PM
O M G

Thank You! :D
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 1:53 PM
Truly fantastic, decorgal. More poses than ever before, and a face overlay too.

This thing is better than ever before... are there more poses planned for the future?

Even if not, I love this to bits, use it frequently, and can't thank you enough.

That said, may I raise just two minor points?

One refers to this:

Quote: Originally posted by decorgal21572
Unfortunately, you can't do anything to the sim once they are on magisplay- whether it's my hack or made by any others. You have set up their face and pose before you put them on magisplay.

That's not quite 100% true for everything. You can't queue up new actions, but you can still click objects and derive what we might call "instant effects" if they require no queued action. For instance, you could click on Inge Jones' Teleporter Plus shrub, and have a sim instantly appear without requiring a queued action - thus not having to break off from whatever the sim's doing. Similarly, Jisx's accessory painting thingy(you know the one, right?) can move the sim's arm to the required position and/or place the accessory in the sim's hand without a queued action(and what I wouldn't give for a similar object that affected the LEFT arm). I believe this process works even on a magisplay. You can sit or stand a sim on it and still then use the painting to choose an arm position.

Have you considered tweaking the faces/poses to work in such a way? If they use an instant application, rather than a queued action, it would make a huge difference.

Not that I want you to think of that as a complaint, just a suggestion.

Also, you've mentioned that you are aware that these poses are not compatible with some custom meshes. This indeed is true, and I have encountered this. Typically it warps the legs of Warlokk's bodyshape meshes and has that effect also on any meshes that use the famous "sexy feet". The thigh muscles bend well out of shape.

Now, it may well be that there's absolutely nothing that can be done about this - I don't know - but I do wonder if you might be able to explain why?

It certainly seems to be a phenomenon exclusive to this hacked object. Warlokk's meshes are not only fine with all the Maxis animations and poses, but I've also found that even hacks with custom animations - Marvine's Ladder and various, er, "adult" hacks that I shan't mention by name here - all of the custom anims handle these meshes just fine.

So... well, I just wondered if you have an idea of why this particular hack isn't able to render those meshes correctly?

But please don't take the above comments as any kind of hostile criticism. Honestly I love this item, and use it a heck of a lot - even more than ever before, now that it contains more poses and facial expressions.

I just wondered if you can satisfy my curiosity on the above points.

Top job nonetheless.

Many thanks.

Adam.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 12:33 AM
Your work never fails to amaze me, what a brilliant follow up! welldone
Field Researcher
#167 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 4:34 PM
woww...these is greattt !!!...thanks a lot...
Test Subject
#168 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 8:09 PM Last edited by flt : 22nd Feb 2008 at 8:15 PM.
Hi,
Me again.Either it's not working in my game,or i'm stupid.As i said before both files are in the downloads folder.

I'm not sure what i have to do to apply the hack to a lot?? also where do i find the hobbies/miscelleaneous option and thus the "greyor black box"

I'm sorry ,very new to all this!!

Hope someone can help

Thank's
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 12:44 AM
flt.

It's an object. You buy it. It's to be found in Hobbies>All.

Hobbies is one of the categories in your "Buy" Mode catalogue. In there, just look for the infinity symbol(like an "8" laid on its side). That's the right section, and you'll find the box in there. It's a dark grey colour. Costs 1 or 5 simoleons or something like that, so it should be very near the start, since it's so cheap.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 9:57 AM
Great. Job.
Wow, that's simply awesome! THANK YOU!!

I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now, this is who I really am!

*** 30 Seconds to Mars ***
Field Researcher
#171 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 12:22 PM
best!! love it so so sososooso much an absolutely cannot wait to try it out!!!!
Test Subject
#172 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 3:52 PM
It wont work for me!
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 8:37 PM Last edited by bratzbeck : 24th Feb 2008 at 8:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Looks cool..... I have been searching everywhere for these!- I forgot to download them the first time i saw them lol

<--cheers
Test Subject
#174 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 2:54 PM
Alright, first of all thank you thank you thank you!

And second, a question. I've got all eps up to OFB and no my sims are not on a magisplay tray but they don't snap into poses at all the icon just disappears from the queue and nothing at all happens.
Anyone know whats going on?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#175 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thraxwhirl
Have you considered tweaking the faces/poses to work in such a way? If they use an instant application, rather than a queued action, it would make a huge difference.

That would kind of defeat the point of the face overlay. We already have instant face posing with Shaklin's hack and probably don't need another one and I have to say I HATE the Maxis expressions. They are cartoony and unattractive and the whole point of the overlay is to make them more realistic and to have a bigger range of expressions. Having them overlay allows you to test and mix up different combos. I actually just added the face overlay as a bonus on this hack- it wasn't developed for that. I developed it several months ago to use on my movies so I have more realistic talking animations and just added it on this because I figured others might benefit from it. I really don't think it's a big deal to pose the face first and then put them on magisplay.

Quote:
Now, it may well be that there's absolutely nothing that can be done about this - I don't know - but I do wonder if you might be able to explain why?

I wish I knew; if I did, I could probably address it in some way. I'm not a hacker unfortunately so my knowledge is limited to tutorials and searches. In my own game, I've only run across one clothing mesh that this hack doesn't work with (I haven't tested them all) and I don't use the warlokk or sexy feet meshes so it's really not a priority for me to look into. Sorry but I make these hacks to benefit myself and then share so sorry if it's not for totally altruistic reasons. Besides, I don't have the time to devote to this since I do other things like make movies and clothing but maybe someday that will be resolved. By then, everyone else would've moved on to Sims 3. :P

Quote:
And second, a question. I've got all eps up to OFB and no my sims are not on a magisplay tray but they don't snap into poses at all the icon just disappears from the queue and nothing at all happens.
Anyone know whats going on?

I've mentioned this before but they don't queue b/c it's an overlay hack. But they should go right into their pose. Make sure your sims aren't doing anything when you tell them what to do.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Page 7 of 17