Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:02 AM
Default Best Aussie tunes EVER
Let's all take a trip down memory lane, shall we? Gods, I reckon half the Simmers on this board wouldn't be old enough to even remember these songs!

1927 - That's When I Think Of You I was four years old when this was released 0_0

1927 - If I Could

Southern Sons - Always and Ever

Southern Sons - Lead Me To Water

Troy Newman - Love Gets Rough I went all over the internet looking for this one! SO MANY MEMORIES
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:35 AM
I love the 'iconic' Aussie songs. I was desperately homesick when I lived in the USA, and they always used to cheer me up!

Land Down Under- Men at Work

I still Call Australia Home
I saw Hugh Jackman in 'The Boy from Oz' in NYC, and I absolutely bawled when he sang that song!

And my favourite:
I Am Australian- The Seekers
(I did try to find the old Telstra ad, because that was a lovely version, but I couldn't)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:55 AM
Even though I'm sometimes cynical about sentimental songs I have to agree with Tenielle about iconic 'I still Call Australia Home' it really gets me feeling very Aussie and emotional. Just looking at the list so far a lot of those songs do defiantly conjure up memories. My daughter and I were staying in an isolated, out of season house in Italy with nothing to do in the middle of the night. We were feeling very nostalgic and started singing a duet of What About Me. In the end we were so loud I think they could hear us in Siberia! It worked and I have to lol every time I see that insurance commercial that 'reuses' Shannon's tune.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goyahaslegs
We were feeling very nostalgic and started singing a duet of What About Me. In the end we were so loud I think they could hear us in Siberia! It worked and I have to lol every time I see that insurance commercial that 'reuses' Shannon's tune.

Shannon reused the Moving Pictures tune.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 6:45 AM
OMG this one is EPIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gEtlCMaP-s

Daryl Braithwaite is responsible for some of the most epically awesome tunes of my childhood.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 7:12 AM
I am so glad that i was born n Australia!
-Remi Gaillard
-Silverchair

Lemme be yo sledgehammer