Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 36
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#26 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:26 AM Last edited by Simmiller : 27th Nov 2011 at 1:39 AM. Reason: After program installation
Well, I am very interested in giving this a go. I love trying new things, and this is def going to be on my list.

Thanks!

Edit: OMG. This is dazzling. I've longed for such a system, and you've made it so EASY! And it loaded up my CC so quickly, I didn't have time to think. Awesome work, truly awesome. Thank you so much for sharing!!! :-)
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missybrina
I just wanted to say that when I saw this I did a :O irl. It's awesome that you took the time to build something this useful for the community!

Although I've seem to run into a hitch. Once I downloaded this, I manually went through all my CC, cleaned out bad CC, rig fixed them, and did some general maintenance on my downloads folder. Once I loaded up your tool, all that was left to do was to remove some items that I couldn't tell what they were, and then I felt ready to play!

So once it started, the game loaded into the actual selection screen faster than it ever has. Actually had no lag on the opening intro, which is a first even since day 1. But I'm currently trying to load in a family, and it's taking way longer than when I used my old fashioned compressed packages. In fact, I would say it's been loading up for at least 30 minutes now and doesn't seem to want to go past the last little sliver.

I've been running procmon, and from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like there are any broken package files, but I don't know if procmon reads your packages.

Is there something I did wrong? Am I supposed to tell your program to compress the packages? I do have about 7 gigs of CC (don't judge me) so do you think that plays a part?

Edit to add: I thought I would try removing my downloads folder to see if maybe the game would load your compressed package without mine. Apparently it won't, but it does cause it to load into the worlds and such. It's almost as if the game is still trying to read my singular packages of 7gbs of content, rather than your compressed package.

Wow! I'm not sure how to approach this one.

From what you've said, it seems to be working the way it is supposed to, but perhaps there are some minor glitches in the packages.

The first thing I would do is use the "Clear Caches" button and say yes to the follow up dialog to remove ALL cache files.

Next, go to the Options tab and click the Force Compression check box.

Finally, hit the "Rebuild" button and let it re-build all of the CC Magic cache files. This will probably take a while with compression enabled.

When you start the game, the game's cache files will also be cleared, so it may take a while to load into your family, but it shouldn't stall out at the last little bit like that.

I hope this helps... And feel free to log into the http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums and post directly there. I often can respond faster on that forum than I can here on MTS.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
Wow! I'm not sure how to approach this one.

From what you've said, it seems to be working the way it is supposed to, but perhaps there are some minor glitches in the packages.

The first thing I would do is use the "Clear Caches" button and say yes to the follow up dialog to remove ALL cache files.

Next, go to the Options tab and click the Force Compression check box.

Finally, hit the "Rebuild" button and let it re-build all of the CC Magic cache files. This will probably take a while with compression enabled.

When you start the game, the game's cache files will also be cleared, so it may take a while to load into your family, but it shouldn't stall out at the last little bit like that.

I hope this helps... And feel free to log into the http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums and post directly there. I often can respond faster on that forum than I can here on MTS.

Thanks Grant. I've posted my issue over at your website. Even after clearing caches, rebuilding and compressing it still is stuck on the last little bit.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 5:56 AM
This makes me very happy! Thanks for all your awesome work and for sharing this with us. I've been waiting for this and you finally have it finished! Off to use this wonderful tool now.Thank you, thank you so much!
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chimamiretears
This seems like it would be such a life saver and definitely an amazing program to have to sort out my clutter of CC. Sadly, when I go to run it it automatically turns white and says CC Magic has stopped working. It says I can search for a solution to the problem or close the program. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and moving over some CC that I thought might be glitching it. Any help is much appreciated as I'd LOVE to be able to use this! ^_^ Thanks!

There are a couple possible issues that can cause this problem.

Take a look in your <documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder and look at the newest log file you find.

If you want to log into my support forums at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums and post a message with your log attached in the CC Magic board, I'd be happy to take a look and get things running for you.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:41 AM
oh yeahhh, Thank yoy verry much
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#32 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:31 PM
First, let me say this is a wonderful idea and a very useful tool and the whole community owes you for the time and effort you've obviously put into it.

And a question - will this tool also find and correct errors with setup, such as missing .cfg files, CC and setup left in the old Program Files location, etc.? In other words, does it have fixit capabilities as well consolidation and management?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 3:49 PM
Can I use this tool, but without launcher options? I need something to browse packages, but I don't want to get rid of the EA launcher.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#34 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 4:30 PM
Thank you for taking the time & effort to make this useful tool, look forward to trying it asap!
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 4:58 PM
Hi granthes first of all i would like to thank you for building a great tool. But I am having problem with the program. After I install it and try to run, it says CC magic has stopped working and here is the error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ccmagic.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.2713.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ecd464e
Problem Signature 04: CCMagic
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.2713.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ecd464e
Problem Signature 07: 14c
Problem Signature 08: 4f
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin...88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

any advice?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 5:32 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!! The little button just doesn't express it enough. I've been yearning for something like this since day 1. I love you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 5:47 PM
I know this may sound noobish but, where is the play/start Sims button?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 8:43 PM
I think I'll stick to organizing my package folder and having two different folders for sim3packs, thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:38 PM
Thanks for the great program
Eminence Grise
#40 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mewfii
I know this may sound noobish but, where is the play/start Sims button?

Top left It has a dropdown where you can select the configuration you want to play with embedded in it.

I'd encourage folks experiencing errors to make a post in Grant's forums... linked in the main post You may find your issue addressed in one of the other threads there.
Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 9:44 PM
I was wondering if this program would turn package files into sims3pack files?
Forum Resident
#42 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 12:13 AM
Is this usable for Mac?It always says that it can't retrieve because it's a Windows application.
Eminence Grise
#43 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MelissaAnneU
I was wondering if this program would turn package files into sims3pack files?

Nope! you'll need something else for that.

Quote: Originally posted by mewichigo34
Is this usable for Mac?It always says that it can't retrieve because it's a Windows application.

Nope, sorry... Grant's using Windows-only libraries. (Unless, of course, you use one of the solutions that lets you run Windows apps on your Mac; there's some info on that in our OSX forums under Help.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
First, let me say this is a wonderful idea and a very useful tool and the whole community owes you for the time and effort you've obviously put into it.

And a question - will this tool also find and correct errors with setup, such as missing .cfg files, CC and setup left in the old Program Files location, etc.? In other words, does it have fixit capabilities as well consolidation and management?

CC Magic will ensure that the Post-Ambitions framework is correct. It will not search the old style framework folders in the Program Files tree. This is because I don't want to force the program to require administrator access on Vista and W7.

Quote: Originally posted by lorenrose1013
First, I love this tool. Love it! I read through all the guides and everything, and it says that CC Magic can't handle custom patterns. So I left the pattern in my mods/packages folder. But it still gave the "Materializing Materials" Issue. I had to take out all of my custom patterns to get it to work again. But I can't re-install those patterns via the launcher, because I downloaded them as packages. Any help?

I would expect (though I haven't seen for sure) that there is a how-to or something here on MTS that explains how to fix these patterns.

I'm planning on updating CC Magic later in the week to correct this issue so if you can live without your patterns for a week....

Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Can I use this tool, but without launcher options? I need something to browse packages, but I don't want to get rid of the EA launcher.

Just by *NOT* clicking the play button, you can. You will want to use the REBUILD button if you change any installed CC with CC Magic

Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by doogzman
Hi granthes first of all i would like to thank you for building a great tool. But I am having problem with the program. After I install it and try to run, it says CC magic has stopped working and here is the error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ccmagic.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.2713.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ecd464e
Problem Signature 04: CCMagic
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.2713.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ecd464e
Problem Signature 07: 14c
Problem Signature 08: 4f
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin...88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

any advice?

I'd love to see the log file from the <Documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder.

If you log into my forums at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums and post a help request with the log file attached, I'll be happy to get you up and running.

Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
I'd love to see the log file from the <Documents>\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Logs folder.

If you log into my forums at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums and post a help request with the log file attached, I'll be happy to get you up and running.

There are no log files in the logs folder...only the S3LauncherV2 versions from V2 to V2.5...sorry i cant register in the forums. what's the answer to the wine question?
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by doogzman
There are no log files in the logs folder...only the S3LauncherV2 versions from V2 to V2.5...sorry i cant register in the forums. what's the answer to the wine question?

the wine question is nectar

The S3LauncherV2.log file is the one I'm looking for. (I forgot to rename the log file to CC Magic before release)

In any case, just look for the last few lines that start with a date and time, and I'll take a look for you.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#48 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 2:45 AM
Yay, it's officially here! I'm going to, of course, download and use it extensively. Great to see it here, granthes.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 3:13 AM
Bummer. It doesn't see any of my mod files. Mine are located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods.

My Resource.cfg file.

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Others/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Eyes/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Skins/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Cloths/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Cloths/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Cloths/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/MyMods/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Accessorys/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Sliders/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Hair/*.package
PackedFile Mods/NRaas/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Cars/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Shoes/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test2/*.package

Tim
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#50 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:16 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 28th Nov 2011 at 4:34 AM.
That's the "old way" of installing mods Been outdated since Ambitions. See http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Way_to_New_Way .

CC Magic will look for them in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods.

Or you can just put them in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. CC Magic will find them there and set up the Mods folder and resource.cfg for you.
Page 2 of 36