Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:46 PM
Default How we can take Horror Survival Games towards real life in Apocalyptic situtations
Yes, a long title. But I don't care. Anyway, how could we take these games towards an Apocalyptic situations. Basically, when it comes down to Zombie fighting games, we can look at how we should and how we shouldn't fire a gun.

For instance. In Resident Evil, you can get the jist of how maybe the Zombies will act towards humans, when the time comes. Yes, I do believe there is going to be a Zombie Apocalypse. I mean, who wouldn't? But those Zombie movies. Eh, they have no clue what in the hell they are talking about.

What about Silent Hill? Its telling us, humans, that always been on guard. Because you never know when there may be a person or thing out to hurt you. But understanding the facts, is most better than assuming. But looking at how these games come off, just proves that maybe a computer or gaming designer knows something that we do not.

Now, I am not sure, but maybe just maybe. A camera will stop ghosts, you know, from Fatal Frame, were every ghost can be stopped by a simple click, and bam, you can run for a little further, than you think.

Or even Parasite Eve could come true. People could have some random gene that makes them seem almost invincible.

But whatever it comes down too.

Do you think that Horror Survival Games could actually help in an Apocalyptic Situtation?

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:49 PM
Hmmm... well people in Silent Hill are generally creepy and realistic. Take Eddie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PlP0UF7ZeE

Or Sullivan or that Braintree guy in the fourth one, or the junkyard dog dude in the Homecoming. I've known people like all of them. What if they go crazy in real life....

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:53 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, well, I wasn't a huge fan of Silent Hill, lol xD I mean it did have its own creation. But seriously. I really think that these game designers are onto something.

Maybe we aren't reading between the thin red line. But I really think we need to look at what we are not seeing. ZOMBIES ARE COMING! >.<

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:55 PM
Probably... they will eventually. I think they've got a good chance, greater than some things like demons maybe (not sure on that..). And Fatal Frame style families have probably existed that fell about due to their inclusiveness and rituals and stuff. And ghosts, I've always believed ghosts exist that can mess up somebody physically if they want to.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 12:01 AM
Oh, I agree with the ghost thing. I truly do. I mean I look at the Himuro Mansion, and I am honestly scared to play it, (Sims 2 because I'm building it) lol. But honestly, I do believe that there are Demons out there, and I do believe that there is a possibility that those ghosts (spirits) and Demons could cause the world harm. Hence, if we can't see it, does that mean we have to believe that its there? Or can we just simply go against what people are saying, and say...I believe it, so it is there.

I have a very heightened sixth sense. And seriously...It scares me sometimes. If for a fact, Himuro Mansion is real and is having that ghost like problems...I would be freaking every moment I get. Like Tomoe from Fatal Frame

Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nevermore Raven
Like Tomoe from Fatal Frame

You know I always thought they should have done a movie from those three's perspective. Or four maybe with Mafuyu, or even a game... a remake where all five (editor Ogata, Takamine, Tomoe, Mafuyu, and Miku were playable.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 5:10 AM
Now, KKiryu, that would be awesome. I was always thinking a movie. Put it in 3D, to where you feel like the ghosts are coming at you. But to have a game from all of their perspectives, now that would be just down right, freaking awesome! ^.^

Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 5:29 AM Last edited by KKiryu007Joker : 2nd Mar 2012 at 7:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nevermore Raven
Now, KKiryu, that would be awesome. I was always thinking a movie. Put it in 3D, to where you feel like the ghosts are coming at you. But to have a game from all of their perspectives, now that would be just down right, freaking awesome! ^.^

Well I thought that'd be the best way for a remake, cause you never see Mafuyu do stuff like run from the ghost of the blind demon.... I don't know how long it'd be though unless they lengthened the story.. cause the first three die the first night. It'd be nice to see the mountains in a FF game (If I recall they mention mountains...). I don't see it happening, but who knows? They're remaking the second..

{edit: I had a dream about an apocalypse of zombies yesterday. It started with me going to a car with this friend, and we're going out of a mall or something, and this bald guy appeared out of nowhere and stood five cars away in the parking lot, just staring with these red eyes. He was an 80 year old dude with these yellow things that looked like huge scabs all over his face. He stood there, but when we actually got in the vehicle he ran and jumped on the hood like a crazy, and then it got cut to this part where a bunch of people like him randomly blocked all the exits of the mall that people would go out of if something happened, just to cause a disturbance where they could initiate contact with them (I think they killed or something people who were really close or caused some kind of damage to them)}

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:50 AM
LMAO xD I loved the dream KKiryu! That was funny :P

And well, I am not sure. You are right though. You watch Mafuyu run away from the ghost, and bam, you are Miku...Who for some reason when a ghost points to the camera then to the screen she has to ask:

"Should I take a photo?"

But I am going to tell you, that Blind Woman Ghost gets annoying, real fast. But it is really sad how she died Stupid blinding mask But Tomoe would be rather interesting to play. We would know when a ghost is near by, because of her uber Six Sense. And just think, we would play up until they died. But we would be able to see the game through their eyes. Just not...Miku's -.-"

Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
LMAO xD I loved the dream KKiryu! That was funny :P

And well, I am not sure. You are right though. You watch Mafuyu run away from the ghost, and bam, you are Miku...Who for some reason when a ghost points to the camera then to the screen she has to ask:

"Should I take a photo?"

But I am going to tell you, that Blind Woman Ghost gets annoying, real fast. But it is really sad how she died Stupid blinding mask But Tomoe would be rather interesting to play. We would know when a ghost is near by, because of her uber Six Sense. And just think, we would play up until they died. But we would be able to see the game through their eyes. Just not...Miku's -.-"

That ghost, then the Master, and the Kusabi's assistant (husband of the hanged ghost), and the priest were the most irritating to fight in that. But yeah, the other characters always interested me in that game, it'd be more complete with them playable.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:05 AM
Yae? That is the ghost that hung herself. That is so sad. I feel really bad for her and her husband. And that freaking bastard with the long arms. UGH! He freaking pissed me off, with how he dragged those kids in and killed them -.-"

Lets see these are the ghosts that annoyed me the most:

The Blind Woman ( I truly feel bad for her )

Yae Munakata (she looks like Miku's mother)

The Master

The Priest

The Broken Neck Chick

Kirie Himuro (but...I sort of found her hot *nods* )

But yeah, totally. Those ghosts, were grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
Yae? That is the ghost that hung herself. That is so sad. I feel really bad for her and her husband. And that freaking bastard with the long arms. UGH! He freaking pissed me off, with how he dragged those kids in and killed them -.-"

Lets see these are the ghosts that annoyed me the most:

The Blind Woman ( I truly feel bad for her )

Yae Munakata (she looks like Miku's mother)

The Master

The Priest

The Broken Neck Chick

Kirie Himuro (but...I sort of found her hot *nods* )

But yeah, totally. Those ghosts, were grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yep all of them were the toughest. That game'd be creepy in real life.... I think it would be kinda hard to get stuck in one of the places... and live.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:39 PM
I wouldn't mind going there, to see if its "real". You know to see if the game was based on "true" events. I would love to find out. But I would be freaking out. I may end up giving myself a heart attack.