Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#3701 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 9:32 PM
"Oh come on! You can't afford to be picky! Everyone you like is either taken or a lesbian!" (Me to a bisexual Skye Weiss trying to hook him up before he dies of old age, at least I did manage to get him some elixir of life!)

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3702 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:41 PM
I hope you don't crash, I hope you don't crash (to desktop)
Scholar
#3703 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 3:00 AM

To: "What the heck happened to your wrist!?"

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3704 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 2:28 AM
"Crunch"

I make my sims do yoga a lot, and of course they fall down a lot. This is pretty much how I respond when they do.
Forum Resident
#3705 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 9:41 AM
"How do people do that?" I mumble to myself as I build houses and want to achieve something specific but just concludes I do not have the skills yet for such things-

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#3706 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 4:03 PM
"You're married"
"You've woohoo'd"
Every time they scream/get startled by seeing them naked/in the shower...

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#3707 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
"You're married"
"You've woohoo'd"
Every time they scream/get startled by seeing them naked/in the shower...

Ha, yeah. At least with some sims I like to pretend they're doing it on purpose as a joke.

---
Trying to fulfill wishes for an old sim late in their lifespan: "'Buy an expensive stereo'... Oh, I can buy this one, place it out here and sell it later. She won't even know - she'll be dead!"

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#3708 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
At least with some sims I like to pretend they're doing it on purpose as a joke.
I'm sure mine are doing it deliberately! They prance around all day in the skimpiest of underwear, and then make out that they're shocked because someone has removed the last fragment of fabric to get into the shower or bath.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#3709 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm sure mine are doing it deliberately! They prance around all day in the skimpiest of underwear, and then make out that they're shocked because someone has removed the last fragment of fabric to get into the shower or bath.

Scandalous!

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#3710 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 9:56 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 29th Mar 2021 at 11:58 AM.
"Oh Gerry! What do you make of your parents?"

Gerry McBain got off the school 'bus to see this:

[EDIT]This is what his sister Glenda saw a couple of minutes later:
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#3711 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 2:05 AM
Chris Hatch made a mod for more intelligent reactions to nudity, with different reactions based on relation and attraction between the naked Sim and the viewer. It still allows shocked reactions, but also disgust, attraction, amusement, and occasionally what seems to be boredom. No idea where to find it now that BAS is gone, however... He kind of had to make it, given how much some of his other mods increase the frequency of nudity!

I got tired of playing retro-Strangetown (or scared to actually deal with the looming issue of the war and the draft) and decided to temporarily pull most of my retro defaults (some of them are good enough to stay!) and try a nice little cosy murder mystery since mystery hoods are so trendy now. Bayside Flats is so small that it should be calming to play and easy to solve, right? Er...

The first thing I said while playing Bayside Flats:
"What the <BLEEEP>?!? What's wrong with you, Detective Keller? Why do you want to make zombies? Who are these people? They're not the victims..."
It made somewhat more sense when I checked his family tree, and was even a little sweet. However, I'm very glad he rolled Supernatural Skeptic on the trait randomizer and thus has had no further interest in zombies.

"What are you... NO! STOP! Bad girl! Bad girl, Sarah!"
I'd never seen an urn get smashed in my game before, because I'm afraid enough of the consequences to make sure urnstones are in gravestone mode if they have to be on a lot with aspiration failure among the living occupants. Bayside Flats has multiple urns sitting unobtrusively in bedrooms and nearly the whole town is in aspiration failure or near it. Now there's a smashed one sitting on the bedroom floor, which I'm making myself put up with because I do have nounlinkondelete and a mod to prevent autonomous urn cleanup, and because I wasn't sure if it would safely turn to a gravestone if moved outside while smashed.

"Could a child be the killer?"
"Could a teen be the killer?"
"Could a toddler be the killer?"
All of these inspired by terrible behaviour even for aspiration failure.

"That is the scariest Headmaster I've ever seen."
"Papergirls can wear makeup?"
"Are you an alien?"
Yes, Bayside Flats is made with truly clean templates. I am very impressed with the papergirls it has spawned, to the point of wanting to extract one for use in other hoods. Less so with the Headmasters.

"Shagging a suspect. As brilliant as the zombie idea."
"You have the right idea, but get out of the bedroom!"
It really seemed that the lingering welcome-wagon townie was trying to keep them apart.
"Oh, that was cold!"
I'd also never seen that obvious a one-night-stand: Cutscene ends, visitor is already out of bed and dressed, saying it's late while heading for the door. Detective Keller seemed quite shattered by the abandonment.

"Right, throw your sister in the moat."
"Now the street?"
Swinging around can look bad in certain circumstances.
Scholar
#3712 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 5:09 AM
"Oi! Buzz off! You can't bully him; he's a graduate!"

Chandler Platz had returned from his final exam and was waiting for girlfriend Pauline to get back from class before he moved back to the 'real world', when the coach turned up and started yelling at him to exercise.
Mad Poster
#3713 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
"Could a child be the killer?"
"Could a toddler be the killer?"
These remind me of a little Victorian(?) rhyme that I think I learned from my grandmother:

Little Will his mother smote.
Then he cut his father's throat.
As the blood still was spouting,
He cried, "Now I'll get to the Orphans' Outing!"

I've been meaning to PM you, and I'll do it soon, now that I've cleared out enough old PMs to be able to use the PM feature again.

Have you completely abandoned your old long-running dystopian megahood, or are you planning to go back to it again one day? Perhaps when real life has become a little less dystopian. I never really abandon my 'hoods. I intend to return to all of them in time.

Considering my reputation for never harming Sims, it may surprise people to hear that I often enjoyed reading of the happenings in your 'hood. But I never really objected to Sims dying unpleasantly in other people's games when it formed part of an interesting story. (It bothers me more when people seem to be killing Sims simply because they enjoy killing.) And of course don't anybody ever ask me to kill my Sims; my Sims' lives are sacred!

Anyway Freefalldreams, I hope you've been bearing up well during the present real world dystopia! I believe things may improve a bit soon. (Well, for those of us whom the Grim Reaper hasn't taken.)

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#3714 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 7:59 PM
"Okay, you get in a relationship with Nina, Lily never has to know. Nina never has to know about Lily, either. As long as you only see them one at a time, this can never backfire!"

*Sees Joy at Nina and Lily's house with both home at the same time.*

"What are you doing here? Nina, tell her to leave! No, don't kiss her goodbye!"

"I wonder who they'd be more furious at, their spouse or their shared lover."

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Top Secret Researcher
#3715 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
"Okay, you get in a relationship with Nina, Lily never has to know. Nina never has to know about Lily, either. As long as you only see them one at a time, this can never backfire!"

*Sees Joy at Nina and Lily's house with both home at the same time.*

"What are you doing here? Nina, tell her to leave! No, don't kiss her goodbye!"

"I wonder who they'd be more furious at, their spouse or their shared lover."

In real life, this is when you form a throuple.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#3716 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 1:28 AM
"There are other places to be besides this hall, you know."
As the entire Ottomas clan, including their cats and Dora's ghost, cluster at the top of the stairs where their two guests are getting on like a house afire. It took three hours to get the youngest downstairs to eat.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3717 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 1:15 AM
"Stooopid hills" - I said this about Pleasantview, even temporarily renamed it Stupidhillview out of frustration when trying to nhood decorate.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#3718 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 3:44 AM
"Don't make me quit to neighborhood." (I had to quit to neighborhood. Stella was stuck drinking from her water glass instead of eating the dinner she'd ordered and nothing else would free her.)

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3719 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 10:56 PM
"Gunnar, just come and eat Zoe!"

Zoe had made lunch, but every time I tried to click on a plate of food for Gunnar to go and eat, Zoe leaned forward, so I kept clicking on her head instead.
Lab Assistant
#3720 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 6:20 AM
Why did I think it was a good idea to have the room adjacent to another apartment be the baby/toddler room where they keep getting woken up by a noisy neighbor?

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Forum Resident
#3721 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 7:06 AM
"Stop doing that!!" and of course the Sim keeps doing whatever stupid thing they are doing.
Mad Poster
#3722 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 7:25 AM
"Are we crashing, or is this a problem with my monitor?"

Link Ninja
#3723 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 7:34 AM
"Waiting for a wiener isn't going to make this a dream date"

The lady was waiting for someone to serve the hot dogs all while the clock was counting down and she had a want to have a dream date.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3724 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 3:02 PM
21st century:
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
"Stop doing that!!" and of course the Sim keeps doing whatever stupid thing they are doing.

20th century:
"You have nothing better to do? Go and learn Fire Safety!"
Scholar
#3725 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 5:57 AM
"What the <BLEEP> is going on?!? What's happening here? Oh...no...oh no..."
Bayside Flats was a good choice, although for entirely different reasons than I expected it to. I think I've figured out what happened, though I'm still looking for preponderance of evidence at least. I don't want to spoil it, so I'll just say that it is a very disturbing hood in a somehow satisfying way, especially once the ghosts come out. I highly recommend it!
"Fishing alone won't feed you. Need to cook!"

@AndrewGloria, I actually considered the Orphan Assistance Fund scholarship as a motive for some of the deaths before realizing that it wouldn't be accounted for in a basegame-only hood -- so yes, an Orphan's Outing of sorts.
I don't know about my old megahood. It's neatly packed up and labelled with its Downloads folder in the same place I keep backups, but I suspect that I won't go back to that hood itself, even though I'm almost certain I will have a megahood again if I live long enough. Dystopian elements aside, it is outdated -- I think my highest expansion was Seasons (although I also had Mansion and Garden, leading to a weird install with a bunch of side effects) when I started it, and only in time did it get transferred to the UC when that came out, get switched to ACR v.2 (which requires Apartment Life) then later pick up up some extensive mods that didn't even exist when I started playing it (e.g. traits, custom supernaturals). The Summerdream-Gossamers were just Sims who had basic magic from the non-AL Harry Potter Project when things started, and that made a major difference in events that led to some of the budding dystopian themes. Obviously now they should be faeries from the start, but faeries didn't exist then in TS2. I also learned by blundering, which combined with some mods to also start chains of events that led to dystopian themes. This was happening almost to the end, as the contagious-zombies mod at first had no effective counters to the outbreak other than killing the zombies and allowed for not-very-logical and very overpowered species combinations (zombie vampire ex-NPCs being the worst). If I ever dare allow zombies again, I'll know how to keep outbreak from becoming apocalypse, but it's probably too late for that in the old megahood.
I find it amusing that you think of that megahood as dystopian, as it was never intended to be. It probably sounds even worse when I put it this way, but it was an attempt to take the high drama of Sims (and especially of certain overly dramatic Veronaville families!) and make it semi-realistic to the world I lived in. I was commuting almost daily to an often-cold city with a lot of red brick buildings and a weirdly noir aesthetic, so Downtown SimCity got lot of red brick buildings and weather patterns that made it a rainy-noir city much of the time. The megahood was a less pleasant place to live in than the world I lived in, but I didn't live around Montys, Capps, Goths, or Grunts -- or Princes, or Stratfords. Now that red-brick city has gone from a noir aesthetic through the glory days of a hipster-foodie one, to an empty-shopfronts one that hit before the pandemic due to a rent bubble that didn't pop until properties became so unaffordable that businesses moved out to the strip malls -- and I don't know what it's like now, because I haven't been there in over a year, and the last time I went, it was only to one of the outlying strip malls. Maybe it looks like the Dumptown neighbourhood of SimCity did in the old megahood. The megahood, sitting in stasis, is now better than the world I live in, and yet it feels doomed -- not a good reflection of the fate of Real Life.
I think it feels doomed because, grimdark as it was, it was founded on an optimistic view of people. The sims I made to fill what I felt were gaps are not really Sims I could make now -- maybe cynical parodies of them, but not the idealistic-despite-the-mess characters they were. I can't help but think that all of them -- yes, including the demon -- would have died horrible, pointless deaths in our world in 2020. I sometimes wonder how many of the premades would have done any better.
Page 149 of 167