Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 7:59 PM
Default Diabetes mod?
I have type one diabetes, and I think there should be a mod that by chance, gives your sims diabetes. Is this already a thing? If so, where can I find it? Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Given that diabetes is the failure to produce enough insulin or not react to insulin to regulate blood glucose levels, I am not sure how this kind of mod would be doable in the game. Perhaps, a diabetic Sim may be limited in food choices, be encouraged to exercise more, and take an insulin shot on a daily basis? In terms of lifestyle habits, the player may select a Sim, click on an object that looks like a diabetic insulin needle or blood glucose machine, and use the object at least once a day to keep the "blood glucose" at normal level. The blood glucose level will consistently decrease, so if it goes unregulated, then the Sim will die by coma (use the "die by illness" animation).

Uhh, well that's not exactly like Type one, more like type 2, but I would settle for that. It would be interesting to be honest.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 9:47 PM
This belong on the WCIF board. Never heard of anything like this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 10:10 PM
VioletPadfoot has made a blood glucose monitor. I have had it in my Downloads folder for a while now, but so far I haven't given it to any of my Sims. Maybe I love them all too much to want them to get diabetes. It is a life-shortening condition in Real Life and I'm in no hurry for any of my Sims to meet the Grim Reaper! Myself I'm type 2, but I've been testing with those meters for 15 years and injecting insulin for 10 years.

If you do download that meter (which is only decorative) get the second (smaller) one. The first one is far too big!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 3:35 PM
Hello everyone! I know this thread is old but was wondering if anyone found any diabetes related mods? I found a glucose monitor item but nothing regarding mods.
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 4:31 PM
Nobody has released a diabetes mod.