Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Wiki Wizard
#126 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:41 PM
Yeh i like that, using not quite perfect roads and pulling it off as 'authentic' sounds good to me!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#127 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 2:56 PM
This is how things are looking in the more complete areas.
Screenshots

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#128 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:48 PM
I love the shaping you did with the mountains and the work you did with the trees and the winding road. Can't wait to see all of it
Wiki Wizard
#129 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 4:50 PM
Wow this looks SOOO amazing, just what i had imagined, i couldn't be more pleased with it!! well done!!!

#130 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:51 AM
Man, words cannot describe how awesome the World looks! I love the path that connects the mainland to the mini-island. It looks great with the rocks surrounding it.
Retired
retired moderator
#131 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 11:54 AM
Here's what I've managed with the main town centre area so far. The layout isn't great, I know. We'll have to draw the buildings together perfectly to compensate and make it look like one cohesive area here. There are problems, but these lots and roads work. I have to sort others out, and recheck the roads because lots tend to break them. *sigh*.

1 - 25x12
2 - 18x16
3 - 20x30
4 - 25x12
5 - 20x30
6 - 25x12
7 - 30x40
8 - 20x30
9 - 30x30
10 - 30x20
11 - 16x18
12 - 25x20
13 - 20x30
14 - 40x40
15 - 18x16
16 - 20x30
17 - 20x30
18 - 20x30
19 - 40x30
20 - 25x12
21 - 16x18
22 - 25x12
23 - 16x18
24 - 30x20
Screenshots

Retired
retired moderator
#132 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 2:23 PM
Improved town centre layout. Can we do a 64x64 plaza?
Screenshots

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#133 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 2:47 PM
Hey,

looks really nice I've started to answer you in the buildings thread. I guess we could manage to do a 64x64 if necessary. Is cutting the 40x40 in 2 20x20 manageable without causing issues? I just think that smaller buildings would fit better to give the impression of an old town center.

I'll tell you more when I'll finish brainstorming on what could be used on what etc .
Retired
retired moderator
#134 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 2:49 PM
40x40 keeps making other lots pop, and it sinks the road on one side. I keep smoothing and flattening, but it seems to make matters worse. I agree about the smaller buildings, but we could make a nice set of public buildings around the plaza on the 64x64 lot to sustain that sense if necessary. I've worked in as many small buildings as I can in latest town centre update.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#135 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 2:57 PM
I see, don't worry about it then, we'll manage with it as it is now and having a set of public buildings around the plaza would help making everything fit our theme indeed
Retired
retired moderator
#136 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:05 PM
This map shows almost all the camera routable terrain in the world. I accidentally cut off the gypsy camp, though, which would be at the top of the pic. Pink indicates areas where there are working, non-glitchy (so far) lots. Red is flat areas where I can fit lots. Currently there at 63 lots on the pink bits. We could easily push the number of lots in this world up to 130. However, I recommend leaving most of the largest red area so people can use it when Ambitions comes out. All that I'm putting in that area so far is the nectary and disused buildings (including criminal rabbithole). Sound good?

Screenshots

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#137 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:36 PM
Sound great

Keeping some areas for Ambition is a good idea. We'll have to also put the windmill somewhere unless you already planned to put it on the far eastern pink area or else. We're also going to need a tiny spot for Lilith burial location the best would be to have it in some lost zone far from the center.
Wiki Wizard
#138 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:33 PM
Wow it looks really epic! i think i am in love! ^.^ ok in terms of those reds bits, i think we should not build on the bottom right corner red patch, that is a nice large area which can be entirely for new buildings, we can put one or two there but for the most part we should have empty ones there for people the bottom left little island we should have some nice beachy lots on, the red patche just above it on the hill (to the right) should have one lot on it i think that the top right hand corner, that red patch, we could have an OLD CASTLE!!! :o how epic would that be, it is totally perfect, it would of have had an old castle, i can build a run down looking one as a community lot!

Retired
retired moderator
#139 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:48 PM
Right. I need some sleep. I'm going to upload an unfinished exported version somewhere for the builders asap (after I sleep). Just not sure where I can upload such a big file? Once I've done that, I'll be busy for the next week. I have an essay due, so (unless I'm procrastinating in the WORST possible way) you shouldn't see me about. But this should, at least, be an excellent basis for getting the port and centre of town done.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#140 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:49 PM
Yay a castle What about having the nectary in the bottom left area, on the long spot behind the trees? And yeah, maybe some beach lots would be great.
Wiki Wizard
#141 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:40 PM
Ok sounds great kiwi, just tell us which bits of the map are finalised so we know where and what we can or can't build on

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#142 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:44 PM
Sorry, I have no idea on how to upload such a thing.

DD, I think he said that we would be able to build the town center and the port area.
Wiki Wizard
#143 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:51 PM
Oh ok, neat, in terms of uploading the file, i think you would be able to upload it to something like http://www.modyourpanties.com but put it in a zip or rar file first i do not know how long it stays up on modyourpanties for but hopefully long enough for us all to download it

Retired
retired moderator
#144 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:42 AM
Sorry for using filefactory, but it's a huge upload. I felt it'd be rude to put it on modyourpanties at this point. http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0c...alyPortTown_zip

That should get you a simpack of the unfinished world. Use it to build, but also to provide constructive crit of the world's progress (including pics where possible). Thanks guys.

Lab Assistant
#145 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 8:26 AM
Maybe the Lilith burial should be underground too?
Wiki Wizard
#146 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:20 PM
Hey, i have taken some pics of the NH because it looks so kick ass right now!

Field Researcher
#147 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:41 PM
OMG i am so loving the NH Kiwi its Awesome

And I Agree with the castle it would be awesome...

Also Unlikely I agree maybe Lilith's Burial should be underground it could be like they where trying to hide it?

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#148 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:53 PM
I'm working on the plaza and adapting my old buildings right now. And, yeah it does looks awesome, right?

For Lilith burial I don't know. There's no reason that she had some structure specifically built to retain her ashes since there's not some kind of cult around her There's not a lot to hide. They burnt her on a stake far from the city on the woods, that had burned so there's only remains of a big fire, that's not really hinting someone that doesn't know about it as evidence of a murder that they would have to hide. The ghost is a big hint but that's something else.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#149 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 3:06 AM
I just thought of something. We have a huge mountains area but no mine. Wouldn't it be nice to have some old mines somewhere with underground tunnels that players could actually explore and that would be the favorite spawning location for gems, minerals etc?
Wiki Wizard
#150 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 8:44 AM
Oooh that is actually quite a good idea! we should have maybe 2 of them?

Page 6 of 11