Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#501 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 1:42 AM
I spent my day working on a Damiano David from Måneskin sim, for my simself to definitely NOT do things to me to have in my game. I find making real people particularly difficult especially that I play a maxis-match-ish game with no additional skins or eyes and only simgaroop'd hair primarily from DeeDee. But he's not half bad at the moment. His tattoos were giving me trouble so just my default replacement skin 2 in the pic and the hair isn't 100% right but that's why I mention having limited cc (and being too stubborn to download things for only one sim).
He needs chest hair but that'll come from an overlay box once I get him in game.
Advertisement
Scholar
#502 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 6:46 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 15th Apr 2021 at 10:38 PM.
Working on a new project. Inspiration struck tonight after a drought of creativity. I'm planning to build a three-tile palace to out do my already successful Catherine's Palace upload.

So far, the exterior is coming up nicely. Here are some images so far. Two of the three lots have been constructed with shells so far. Not sure if the east wing is gonna be a mirror of the west wing,

The plan is to have 3 different families live in the palace. The main family in the middle, with the other two living in the wings. It's an ambitious project, and if I upload it here, it'll be unfurnished.

My main issue is that I'm fine making shells, but gardening and interior decoration isn't my strong suit.

Here are some updated ones:

Here are some construction shots for the right wing of the palace:

Here are some more of the latest images. One of them has a WIP of the main entrance in the middle palace. I'd probably just upload a shell instead....might be too big to furnish right away.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
#503 Old 11th May 2021 at 11:22 AM
More Daniel Diaz + a special project.
Screenshots
Scholar
#504 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 10:34 AM
It was suggested to me after the 1k merfolk babies that I had produced, jokingly that I should do the same with an army of robots. I took this as a continuation of my 1k self imposed torture challenge. Phase 1 is complete.
1 thousand Servos on the cheap fro Dr Vu's warehouse of non discript goods.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#505 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 12:00 AM Last edited by grammapat : 8th Oct 2021 at 12:21 AM.
Working on another Victorian house. This time from a picture and layout called "A residence at Bridgeport, Conn". I actually started out trying to find one to download for my convent, where 2 Sisters will adopt the 4 men from Sedona - as toddlers! But I didn't want the modern floor plans; living/kitchen/dining "open concept" is not Victorian. I wanted lots of small rooms, an unfinished basement, a creepy attic. I started making it plane and dark, without a lot of adornment..these are NUNS with no money! But I had to add some color.
EDIT: I don't like that green fence with posts...
Edit: I do like the green interiors
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#506 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 3:35 PM
I can't stop making posters xD
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#507 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 4:38 PM
I love those @Sokisims especially the Twin Peaks one!
Forum Resident
#508 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 6:07 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 12th Oct 2021 at 6:21 PM.
@simsample Yes I also love that one! I think that Spike's poster rotates automatically, because all the ones I've tried on that poster rotate, so I'll try spinning it in Simpe.
Screenshots
#509 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 9:59 PM
Default Artie
Screenshots
#510 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 9:11 AM
Default Trying a more realistic Sim style, kinda like what I do in TS3.
Screenshots
#511 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 9:46 PM
Building work.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#512 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 5:13 PM
Testing the design that I will use for the Service Area albums, I will definitely use the gray background, it gives more prominence to the photos. Seeing this I think I will also update the Jeans Shaker Oasis albums with this design.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#513 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 4:26 PM
Creating a home for my eccentric alien from Quadington U,
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#514 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 3:39 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Feb 2022 at 7:18 PM.
Playing around with some "fingers and fumbs" for the babies, instead of the webbed "glove" fingers.The bone assignments have caused a bit of havoc, so I kinda abandoned the project for a while, but looks like I've finally managed to weed out the vertices that caused scissorhands, so now the little 'uns can have fingers like the rest of their family. Might need more tinkering, and the hands aren't perfect, but I just wanted to have a go at it.

They're mapped in the same spot as the original baby hands, so they should work with any skintones (I dislike having to edit a bunch of skins just to make new skin details work, so made sure to map them where they keep as much details as possible from the original hands).

The hands/fingers are animated, but there aren't a lot of bones, so it's just the open/close of the hands and the thumbs. There's some artefacts from the mesh when the fingers bend, but that's just due to how the mesh is made around the knuckles - I think older sims have something similar going on, too.

(original to the left, mine to the right)

(Also been working on getting those hairs to STOP removing the back of toddler's heads, but having no luck on that front as of yet. Jumped over to the hands project because I needed a break, honestly...).
Screenshots
Instructor
#515 Old 16th Feb 2022 at 5:32 AM
Learning how to recolor hair. I wanted Pooklet's colors but on Simgaroop textures. For all I know someone else has already done this and I ought to just google harder before I recolor all 300-400+ hairs I have but I'm abnormally bad at googling things. Plus the desire to create was to fill a personal need in my game but if I like the job I've done after a few hairs I'll likely choose to share. I did properly tooltip them and all, however I'm not dead set on an online alias - I've moved on from using CASnarl everywhere else besides mts but I'm not totally sure what I'd want to use instead (so as not to be able to link to my social media aliases). Dunno yet. Only made the pinks and reds of one hair thus far (wasn't any real reason why I chose this one, just was first in the folder) because it took me all day to even figure out how/where to begin so it's time for sleep now but I'm really excited about this project (I like having projects)

Can't wait to get some in a game with the rest of my cc to see how they'll actually look in regular use. My primary reason for making was so I could have some rainbow simmies walking amongst my "natural" simmies, just for fun.
Alchemist
#516 Old 16th Feb 2022 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
(Also been working on getting those hairs to STOP removing the back of toddler's heads, but having no luck on that front as of yet. Jumped over to the hands project because I needed a break, honestly...).

@simmer22, did you see the research Almighty Hat was doing on this?
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/67417.html
Mad Poster
#517 Old 16th Feb 2022 at 7:40 PM
Yup, we've gone some forth-and-back on the matter, but haven't gotten any closer to a solution yet. All the testing so far haven't led to anything (but I have one or two things left to test, just haven't gotten around to it - I don't have too high hopes for any of them, though).
Field Researcher
#518 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 10:22 AM
Doing some recolors. Some are good some are not. Its my first time recoloring chairs. They look terrible but i think i can fix it! lol
Screenshots

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#519 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 8:42 AM
Building an apartment; I started wanting to make one like I used to live in - an ugly block building with a pool. The ground floor had a little patio, with a gate that went to covered parking. This wouldn't work unless I made that be the front, and ONLY door. So I got carried away with all sorts of fun things, and pet-friendly
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#520 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 5:22 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Mar 2022 at 4:50 PM.
I've probably posted some pics a long time ago, but finally got around to work some more on it (and post files! At least the first out of 3-5, I think...)

4t2 dollhouses, with custom dolls, skillgain, recolorable (the dolls too - kind of, anyway), and broken state. Even added shadows (haven't tested those properly, but crossing fingers for them working...). This one is about as close to finished as I can get it, I think. Just a few finishing touches (if anyone wants to test it, it's in the wishing tree at GoS - I'm working on more of the BG dollhouses, possibly a few of the others).

(No idea what Alexander Goth is doing in that outfit... Arms seem kinda broken, too )

(Beau ain't happy I made him break the dollhouse)
Test Subject
#521 Old 25th Mar 2022 at 4:39 AM
I am making hair recolors for sims 2, to make the hair color look natural and adding new textures to the cap.

That texture of the cap is the original minus the hair :point_down:

I still have a long way to go

Forum Resident
#522 Old 25th Mar 2022 at 9:53 PM
@simmer22 Love it! I was just thinking that I have few dollhouses. I can't wait to have it in my game ^^ !!
Mad Poster
#523 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 7:47 PM
Playing with my alien beach-front house. Can't really see the gulls on the piers
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#524 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by osmo95
I am making hair recolors for sims 2, to make the hair color look natural and adding new textures to the cap.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/3YxuQwq.png[/img
......[/center]

===
the texture on the hat is amazing! Also impressive is the skin - is that just a skin, or overlays/makeup? Can you send a link?

Test Subject
#525 Old 16th May 2022 at 6:36 AM
@grammapat

I've been making that skin for a while now, not everything is ready to be released on the web. But thank you!

I just gave a face to the baby and for the children

Page 21 of 22