Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Satin Skin Default replacement by GE

by Goldeneyes Posted 31st Dec 2010 at 4:34 AM - Updated 7th Feb 2011 at 3:13 AM by Goldeneyes

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cohzaku
They're .package, which is easy to find out, as the .rar file only takes a second or two to download and open. As far as I know, it's impossible for skins, default or non, to be sims3pack.

I believe that you're right, anything that is not something that EA supports/makes themselves (skins, tones and default replacement eyes being the only thing I can think of off the top of my head) cannot be made into a sims3pack.
Forum Resident
#27 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 4:40 PM
Non defaults would be great as well...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie
Non defaults would be great as well...

I'm creating a new skintone package... Non-default this time---

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 10:39 AM
I'm not sure if this is connected to the skin or not, but since I downloaded this, the hairlines on my sims is a different colour than their face and body. I haven't checked if it carries over to gameplay yet, but it's still rather odd.
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cohzaku
I'm not sure if this is connected to the skin or not, but since I downloaded this, the hairlines on my sims is a different colour than their face and body. I haven't checked if it carries over to gameplay yet, but it's still rather odd.

It looks like she didn't add a scalp file that matches the skintone, so it's displaying the default scalp. As her skintone is lighter than the game's default, it doesn't match the default scalp.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldeneyes
I'm creating a new skintone package... Non-default this time---

Thanks! I appreciate it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Araenna
It looks like she didn't add a scalp file that matches the skintone, so it's displaying the default scalp. As her skintone is lighter than the game's default, it doesn't match the default scalp.

ohhh Myyyy.... I'm so sorry I forgot to upload the scalps
uploading right now

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:39 AM
A, whew. I thought I was going to have to purge to find something else.

Thanks for updating, Goldeneyes.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 7:53 AM
heh NVM I have finally solved my problem! I can finally enjoy package files too! OMg this is amazing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 8:03 AM
PLEASE upload a separate face & body! The body looks great, and I would take it as is, however, I've already settled on a face replacement, so I can't have these w/out removing those!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 11:37 AM
HELLO~~i had download the skin for male and female, and alos download scalps file already, i put this three package file in the package folders, but they don't appear?? anthying i done wrong? thx so much~

*****hello,i'm hongkong girl, i like sim2******
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 1:36 PM
I love the skins but I don't wan't it on all my sims so I will be waiting for it in non-default

Oh and I love the shine on the lips! is there any way you could convert the lip thing into makeup? sorry idk anything about creating
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pansy888hk
HELLO~~i had download the skin for male and female, and alos download scalps file already, i put this three package file in the package folders, but they don't appear?? anthying i done wrong? thx so much~

Have you tried restarting the game? or Have you already erased the simCompositor.package file from your My documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 folder?
By the way... Don't you have another default skin package already instaled?

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 10:33 PM
This is the best replacement skintone set I've seen. I wish the pale skin tone wasn't quite so pale, but I guess I can always make it darker. I just hope I can get some of the golden glow I generally prefer in my Sims' skin tones. (I'm mediterranean, and that's what I tend to prefer.) The shininess and detail of the skins is lovely. And that dark skinned sample you show is gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 9:20 AM
oh yeah question so once I put the defaults will it have effect on my sims? (they were made already, before I installed the skin)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KupoCyGirl
oh yeah question so once I put the defaults will it have effect on my sims? (they were made already, before I installed the skin)

As a default skin package... It'll replace all of the sims skin textures all of them will use it... Customs, townies, neighbords, etc... pre-made, game base or you're new ones.. all of them will show the new skin.

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 10:32 PM
As a default skin package... It'll replace all of the sims skin textures all of them will use it... Customs, townies, neighbords, etc... pre-made, game base or you're new ones.. all of them will show the new skin.

Ahh I see thanx! Well no wonder they were lookin pretty ^_^
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 10:40 AM
Have you tried restarting the game? or Have you already erased the simCompositor.package file from your My documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 folder?
By the way... Don't you have another default skin package already instaled?

oh~~i didn't know i need to erased "simcompositor" file before~~let me try ~~ and i also delete another defaulk skin~~hope your new beautiful skill will appear in my game ~thx a lot~ :D

*****hello,i'm hongkong girl, i like sim2******
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#44 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:35 AM
Just wanted to say I've been using this skin for a while and really love it. Thanks for your work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Just wanted to say I've been using this skin for a while and really love it. Thanks for your work.

You're very welcome

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#46 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 12:06 AM
I love this skin i'm using female version.but is it possible for you to make a non barbie version of it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honey32
I love this skin i'm using female version.but is it possible for you to make a non barbie version of it.

I have made it but they didn't allow me to upload it here on MTS they told me that If I wanted to shared an adult version I had to upload it on SS2

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 5:13 AM
Would it be possible for you to please upload your non-barbie versions to SS2?

If not, would you be willing to email the files?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by metalmoose
Would it be possible for you to please upload your non-barbie versions to SS2?

If not, would you be willing to email the files?

I'm working in a new skintone, non barbie and non default but It needs to be tweaked a little bit more... coming soon

Subete wa ugoki dashita
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 1:44 AM
Awesome, this looks great in game!
Page 2 of 3