Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress

by Wicked_poppies Posted 16th Mar 2012 at 3:33 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2012 at 4:51 AM by Wicked_poppies

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 4:04 PM
omg make this for sims 3 best wedding dress detail i seen so far please i must have it on my sims 3 game
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza495
No my comments don't sound like an ad. I download a lot of CC from people having blogs and who never had their creations here at MTS. It has nothing to do with competition. But since it's also today about creditting, etc. (+ drama) I know that txprincessshan might also want to look at other similar creations and let me tell you she's a peaceful person.

BTW I also use some old clothes from MTS to put them on much better meshes. I forget sometimes to link back but I try my best to mention the name of the creator. That'd be sufficient too.

Where did I tell that you've stolen txprincessshan's work ? Nowhere !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 5:25 PM
Wow!
I was looking after it since... 2 Months?! :D
Omg, thaaanks.^___^
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza495
Where did I tell that you've stolen txprincessshan's work ? Nowhere !

You were talking about giving credit and linking back to her. If you were not implying I used her work, then why did you suggest that I give her credit or link back to her? Just because we happened to make the same dress? You said…

“It has nothing to do with competition. But since it's also today about creditting, etc. (+ drama)”

“BTW I also use some old clothes from MTS to put them on much better meshes. I forget sometimes to link back but I try my best to mention the name of the creator. That'd be sufficient too. “

Which sounds like you’re implying that I “forgot” to link back to her…... Look… just forget it... I don’t feel like continuing this discussion. If you were not accusing me of using her work, then everything you’ve said is inconsequential.
Have a nice day.

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Instructor
#30 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:46 PM
Not to get in the middle of this discussion, but I checked out the other wedding dress in question. The photo is so small, and there's only one of it, how could anyone base their design on it? And the fact that it's arguably the most famous dress of the 21st century to date, I think it's a fair assumption that a lot of people have probably tried to recreate this dress, some with more success than others (I attempted and failed miserably). If you are a good at making Sims clothes, like so many are, and you follow the originals as faithfully as possible, of course recreated dresses are going to look similar if not identical. That's the point, isn't it? If I wanted to download a dress that only "sort of kind of" looks like the original, I'd just keep my own creation. Whatever was intended, it sure sounded like accusations of stealing and not crediting. If the moderators here at MTS thought there was a chance of theft, they'd reject the creation. I've had enough creations of clothing and objects rejected due to inferior quality (when I thought it was perfect) to know they don't just let any designs and creations through. So yes, I am defending Wicked poppies here. If she says it's original and no need to credit anyone for any part of the design, who are we to dispute her? Thank you, and have a good day.

goderguy
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 7:25 PM
This dress is amazing. Its so real.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 12:57 PM
Beautiful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 3:18 AM
thank you for this lovely dress! =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 12:27 PM
This is such a beautiful creation, the attention to detail especially on the sleeves is stunning! I think it's better than my version ^_^; Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:19 AM
This is gorgeous! But which mesh are we supposed to download on the link you gave us? I'd really love to download this
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shamisen_says_meow
This is gorgeous! But which mesh are we supposed to download on the link you gave us? I'd really love to download this

It says this in the text of the download:
"You must download the mesh by “GlamSims” from “All about style”. Here is the link to the right page. You need to download the dress called “Simple Cream Satin” in order to get the right mesh."

Reading is your friend.

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wicked_poppies
It says this in the text of the download:
"You must download the mesh by “GlamSims” from “All about style”. Here is the link to the right page. You need to download the dress called “Simple Cream Satin” in order to get the right mesh."

Reading is your friend.

You don't have to be rude or catty about it, I was just asking.
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shamisen_says_meow
You don't have to be rude or catty about it, I was just asking.

I was just implying you should read the text better before asking redundant questions that I've already answered. If you think "reading is your firend" is "rude or catty" I apologize that you took it the wrong way. I hope your day is full of pink bunnies , giant ice-cream Sundays, unicorns, and pixie dust !

Love and heartfelt warm wishes from,
Wicked Poppies

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 1:05 PM
I'm thank you!
Like!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 2:59 AM
Gorgeous dress and you captured its essence. Great work ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 9:13 AM
Hello.(:

I've lurked here for years and never felt the need to comment on anything, but this is a beautiful dress and I believe you're getting far too much flack for inconsequential things not related to it in any manner, not to mention simply reminding people of what they should do before downloading anything (i.e. reading the whole thing through, possibly multiple times. I've not done that so many times and would you guess it, things didn't work right!)

Lovely dress and keep up the good work. ^.^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 9:26 PM
thanks, so beautiful! :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 8:06 PM
This download is amazing, there is such skill and detail! It must have taken you ages to make but I am so happy you did! And thankyou also for using a zip package as most downloads on this site are WinRAR (a programme I do not have)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 4:20 PM
While watching the wedding I couldn't help but admire her dress and now I can have it for my Sims! You've done a fantastic job. Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#45 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 8:24 PM
It is so beautiful, thank you so much! Which Sim did you use as Kate in your pictures? It's an absolute gorgeous sim, would like to download it! xx
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 3:41 PM
I think this dress is certainly a better quality than the one found on Blogspot. And those comments by Liza are quite rude in my opinion. Anyway, I watched the wedding and Kate's dress was beautiful, and this re-make is so alike, I might have to make my own little royal family now :') Thank You!
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 1:30 PM
I've always loved Kate Middleton's dress and i'm so glad i found it on here, thanks for sharing!

You might have tomorrow, you might not...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 3:50 PM
I bought my wedding dress a year and a half before Will & Kate got married. My dress is so very much like hers! The same sleeves and everything.
So SimElfie needs this dress. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:44 AM
Lovely, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 4:35 PM
It's not fair! It's too amazing! :'(
Page 2 of 3