Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 11:00 PM
Default 4t2 Island Not Recolorable?
Working on a 4t2 kitchen conversion and I've so far done okay, except my island pieces as well as some of the main counter GMDCs are not recolorable (corner + sink state) I'm sure there's something I missed, but can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attached files:
File Type: rar  macaronkitchencounters.rar (224.9 KB, 6 downloads)

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 4:58 PM
The default counter is the main mesh/texture, and all other pieces are repo'd to that. Looking at the GMND for all but the main mesh, the tsMaterialsMeshName is pointing to another mesh. I assume what you cloned. For the islands, you have the wrong name for the cres in the tsMaterialsMeshName.

You want to take the full cres name ##0x1c050000!plataspmacaroncounter[41a46693-3d79-4b2b-9105-8a2c0c3d7221], you have ##0x1c050000![41a46693-3d79-4b2b-9105-8a2c0c3d7221]
Inventor
#3 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by that1chica
Working on a 4t2 kitchen conversion and I've so far done okay, except my island pieces as well as some of the main counter GMDCs are not recolorable (corner + sink state) I'm sure there's something I missed, but can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @thatIchica
I had a similar problem with recoloring counters last year - see https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=650721
I haven't downloaded your object to check in SimPE, but if you go into Behaviours and "CT - update dirty state" to return true for both parts, it should fix the issue. I also think it will also resolve your sink too (which has this same behaviour).
I appreciate this was the Sims3 Late Night Counter Islands but it does apply to Sims4 Counters too - I recently converted the Harbinger Counters that had a host of colors to choose from.

Good luck!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello thatIchica
I had a similar problem with recoloring counters last year - see https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=650721
I haven't downloaded your object to check in SimPE, but if you go into Behaviours and "CT - update dirty state" to return true for both parts, it should fix the issue. I also think it will also resolve your sink too (which has this same behaviour).
I appreciate this was the Sims3 Late Night Counter Islands but it does apply to Sims4 Counters too - I recently converted the Harbinger Counters that had a host of colors to choose from.

Good luck!

No, the issue was exactly what I said and they have fixed it.
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
No, the issue was exactly what I said and they have fixed it.

Hello @HugeLunatic
With all due respect, I advised that I had not downloaded and checked in SimPE; nor did I suggest that your reply was incorrect - so what is with this defensive retort?
The advice I have given is also required for counters to recolor if this had not been done.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 12:25 PM
It wasn't defensive, its factual. I just posted so anyone else looking knows what the actual solution was. In addition to what I already listed, it also required editing the str (material strings) as does any multi state object.

As Chris Hatch said when he posted, it works on every other counter. So no it is not required for counters to recolor. I didn't test yours, but if it removes the dirty state then that is not a acceptable option. Since you remove shadows, then I suppose not having dirty states is acceptable to you.
Inventor
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It wasn't defensive, its factual. I just posted so anyone else looking knows what the actual solution was. In addition to what I already listed, it also required editing the str (material strings) as does any multi state object.

As Chris Hatch said when he posted, it works on every other counter. So no it is not required for counters to recolor. I didn't test yours, but if it removes the dirty state then that is not a acceptable option. Since you remove shadows, then I suppose not having dirty states is acceptable to you.

Hello @HugeLunatic
With respect, this specific forum is the Object Creation Workshop and Repair Center and probably like many members, I check it regularly to gain knowledge for items I may create in the future and should I have any experience of a member's problem, I would like to try and help. So when I look at this post relating to the recoloring of counters - wow I have been there and had a problem and it was resolved - maybe the original poster could benefit too - yes I will post - shock!

Your remark comes across as no one else has the right to comment which is rather unprofessional given your status.

For reference, removing shadows for Sims3 objects was something I was advised to do from the video tutorial on converting Sims3 objects to Sims2. On one occasion (which was moderated), I forgot and found that the shadow was that of the original object so I am grateful to the moderation process as I also learned why I had to do it. Although shadows are removed in the GMDC, not elsewhere, so my objects do have shadows (with the shape of the new object ).
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Although shadows are removed in the GMDC, not elsewhere, so my objects do have shadows (with the shape of the new object ).

If you remove the shadow from the GMDC, you have removed the mesh. This means that your object doesn't have a shadow unless it's outside and then it will have a sun shadow.
Also, please be aware that blackening the shadow texture means that your object wouldn't have any indoor shadows even if the shadow mesh was left in the GMDC.
Inventor
#9 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
If you remove the shadow from the GMDC, you have removed the mesh. This means that your object doesn't have a shadow unless it's outside and then it will have a sun shadow.
Also, please be aware that blackening the shadow texture means that your object wouldn't have any indoor shadows even if the shadow mesh was left in the GMDC.

Hello @mustluvcatz
Thank you for this information - I thought blackening the shadow texture fixed the problem.