Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 12:37 PM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 22nd Feb 2022 at 5:41 AM.
Default Wedding Arch Mystery
I am trying to convert a Sims3 Wedding Arch to Sims2, however in-game as soon as the object is placed on a residential lot (the Goth home in case it makes a difference):
1. The clock stops (17.03) on the lot and no Sim moves.
2. Cassandra has no option "Get Married" when I click on my Wedding Arch.
3. I had only moved the Trellisor Wedding Arch away from its usual postion and this also no longer has the "Get Married" option?

I have also tried deleting the original wedding arch before placing my wedding arch on the lot but it makes no difference - the clock stops.

As soon as I delete my Wedding Arch, the option is available on the Trellisor Wedding Arch to "Get Married". I am using the Trellisor Wedding Arch to clone from.
In SimPE, I am using the default settings (no tick at animations nor standalone), I have also retained the wedding bells although moved their position to be closer to the arch (which is much thinner) as I suspect that their function generates the option to "Get Married".

I have tried removing all my downloads bar this Wedding Arch but still the clock stops on the lot.
I don't think there is anything I am doing differently for this object than for any other object with a function and yet those functions are okay in-game - so definitely a mystery!

Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Tropical Dreams Wedding Arch.zip (1.70 MB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 2:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Feb 2022 at 2:56 PM.
The wedding bells are just part of the mesh, and can be removed if you want to - they have nothing to do with the function of the object.

Make sure "Reference original mesh" is UNticked (if this box is ticked the object won't have a GMDC, but yours has one so probably not what's happened).

You can keep "Standalone object" ticked (I think this one gives you the "Fix Integrity" box at the start - looks like yours has gone through that step, too).

Have you done anything else than cloning, changing the description, TXTRs, GMDC, and updating the GUIDs?
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The wedding bells are just part of the mesh, and can be removed if you want to - they have nothing to do with the function of the object.

Make sure "Reference original mesh" is UNticked (if this box is ticked the object won't have a GMDC, but yours has one so probably not what's happened).

You can keep "Standalone object" ticked (I think this one gives you the "Fix Integrity" box at the start - looks like yours has gone through that step, too).

Have you done anything else than cloning, changing the description, TXTRs, GMDC, and updating the GUIDs?

Hello @simmer22
Thank you for your reply.
I started the usual way of cloning the Trellisor Wedding Arch using the defaults only, updated the description, okay to the scenograph and saved as LSP8WeddingArchMesh.
In Object Data, updated the Room score from zero to 2 (didn't change the rooms or General/Parties location), updated the main object data, new Guid, Commit, Fix Intergrity and Save, then new Guids for the other three Object data commit and save.
In GMDC, previewed and exported the Trellisor Wedding Arch.
Opened Milkshape 3D and imported the Trellisor Wedding Arch followed by the Tropical Dreams Wedding Arch. I did scale the height of my Wedding Arch to the same height of the Trellisor Wedding Arch as it was smaller and I was convinced the wedding bells had something to do with the option. I also moved the wedding bells close and touching the curtain pole. Deleted only the flowers of the Trellisor Wedding Arch and exported the wedding bells and my Wedding Arch.
Back in GMDC, imported the file, previewed, fix TGI, commit and save. In Textures, updated sizes to fit the texture PNGs, imported, commit and saved.
In TXMT, I did change the shadow reflection from 0.5 to 0.2.
I returned to GMDC to preview the Tropical Dreams Wedding Arch and it looked okay.
There is not much difference polygon wise for both these Wedding Arches (2703 and 2707) and while it is quite high, at the moment there is no other CC on the Goth lot but it is a big house with 3 levels plus the ghosts and the family! I do not have any other families in my game that are engaged to check it works elsewhere.

I will try again without the wedding bells and let you know how I get on.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 10:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Feb 2022 at 2:05 PM.
- First of all, don't do "fix TGI" after changing the mesh (or TXMT/TXTRs). Usually you do this step when you add or clone a full TXTR/TXMT/GMDCs and want them to be standalone. If you're just making changes to an existing one, this step is not necessary. Usually it shouldn't do anything unless there's a cloned or imported file to fix, but there could've been a potential issue happening in your file.

- I prefer doing "Fix Integrity" at the start ("make object standalone"). Most of the time, this would be the only time you'd need to do that step, unless you wanted to add a recolorable subset or some such.

- If you use DXT texturing, you don't need to update sizes (DXT does that for you), only type (such as ExtRaw8bit for shadows, etc.)

- The LOD should probably not have a 1024x1024 texture (but I don't think that's what's causing the issue).

---

Can you just check if this file works for you? It's a new clone. Just testing something (and possibly seeing a few other places where things could've gone wrong in the cloning/editing process). I "borrowed" the next GUIDs up from the main one you had in your arch, so DD-something-7 to A, I think, plus the mesh and textures from your file. (file removed)
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 7:02 AM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 21st Feb 2022 at 7:03 AM. Reason: Typo.
- First of all, don't do "fix TGI" after changing the mesh (or TXMT/TXTRs). Usually you do this step when you add or clone a full TXTR/TXMT/GMDCs and want them to be standalone. If you're just making changes to an existing one, this step is not necessary. Usually it shouldn't do anything unless there's a cloned or imported file to fix, but there could've been a potential issue happening in your file.

- I prefer doing "Fix Integrity" at the start ("make object standalone"). Most of the time, this would be the only time you'd need to do that step, unless you wanted to add a recolorable subset or some such.

- If you use DXT texturing, you don't need to update sizes (DXT does that for you), only type (such as ExtRaw8bit for shadows, etc.)

- The LOD should probably not have a 1024x1024 texture (but I don't think that's what's causing the issue).

---

Can you just check if this file works for you? It's a new clone. Just testing something (and possibly seeing a few other places where things could've gone wrong in the cloning/editing process). I "borrowed" the next GUIDs up from the main one you had in your arch, so DD-something-7 to A, I think, plus the mesh and textures from your file.

Hello @simmer22
Thank you for your reply and working on the Wedding Arch file.
The reason why I fix integrity after allocating the main Guid is simply this was the method from the video tutorial I used to learn how to convert objects. Obviously I would have no idea what is right or wrong - I also fix integrity after adding a subset or doing recolors otherwise the new subset isn't there when recoloring the object. I will take on board not to fix integrity unless the object is to be standalone.
Re DXT texturing - I did find that it does automatically fix the sizes for you - knowing me flukily! Again updating the size manually was part of the video tutorial I used.

Last night I retried the Wedding Arch again (no bells or adjusting the height) but still the same story of the clock stopping...
I looked in the Behaviours and the Main Init near the bottom of the list there is a line that references the original guid - I wonder if that is the problem and I didn't know how to change the guid to my new guid?

This morning I tried using the other Wedding Arch - "I Showed Up" that came with Celebrations and it works!

However, sadly Cassandra was jilted at the altar despite giving Don a tender kiss...

The Celebrations Wedding Arch doesn't seem to have that same line referencing the original guid so I think that is why it worked.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 2:04 PM
You should do "Fix Integrity" on a new object, but unless you're adding a subset/MMAT, you usually only need to do it once (and personally I prefer to do it at the beginning, because less chance of it messing up anything).

Fix TGI - usually only necessary when you're cloning a subset (to make it standalone).

Updating sizes is needed if you use the "import" button, because then the sizes don't update on their own. DXT updates all sizes (and also manages fine to add on extra sizes if you import anything bigger or with a different shape).

Only change the first GUID at the top. Don't do anything to the four GUIDs at the bottom (original/fallback/etc.)

------------------------------------
It's possible the issues came from the BHAVs, yes. And absolutely possible the Celebrations version don't have the same issues (haven't checked it). Just in case you want to test it out and see, I added a modified version below.

For the GUIDs in the BHAVs, you click the line you want to change, then the crossed wrench/screwdriver icon, copy/paste the GUID (see below), and click OK. Check if any other lines need changing. Then commit (or the changes don't save - you don't get any warnings in the BHAV area) and go to the next BHAV you want to check/edit.

From the looks of it, this one uses whichever GUIDs you've got in the OBJD, so you'd have to figure out which ones were used instead of the ones you've got. These are the ones from the file I cloned, so original GUIDs to the left, the ones I used to the right, and I swapped them out in that pattern (I mostly saw 1, a few 0, maybe a single 2)

(base) 0x0C92CDB1 - 0x00DD7767
0- 0xAC92CDB2 - 0x00DD7768
1- 0x2C92CDB3 - 0x00DD7769
2- 0xAC92CDB4 - 0x00DD776A

There's a couple GUIDs I couldn't find ("create object"), but I'm guessing they could be the wedding ring and effects not directly linked to what's in the file, so I skipped those. I think those will work fine as-is since they're not directly linked to the file.

Just thought this could be helpful to know in case you ever bump into a similar issue with a different object later on.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TropicalWeddingArch3-GUID.zip (993.4 KB, 5 downloads)
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 3:45 PM
You should do "Fix Integrity" on a new object, but unless you're adding a subset/MMAT, you usually only need to do it once (and personally I prefer to do it at the beginning, because less chance of it messing up anything).

Fix TGI - usually only necessary when you're cloning a subset (to make it standalone).

Updating sizes is needed if you use the "import" button, because then the sizes don't update on their own. DXT updates all sizes (and also manages fine to add on extra sizes if you import anything bigger or with a different shape).

Only change the first GUID at the top. Don't do anything to the four GUIDs at the bottom (original/fallback/etc.)

------------------------------------
It's possible the issues came from the BHAVs, yes. And absolutely possible the Celebrations version don't have the same issues (haven't checked it). Just in case you want to test it out and see, I added a modified version below.

For the GUIDs in the BHAVs, you click the line you want to change, then the crossed wrench/screwdriver icon, copy/paste the GUID (see below), and click OK. Check if any other lines need changing. Then commit (or the changes don't save - you don't get any warnings in the BHAV area) and go to the next BHAV you want to check/edit.

From the looks of it, this one uses whichever GUIDs you've got in the OBJD, so you'd have to figure out which ones were used instead of the ones you've got. These are the ones from the file I cloned, so original GUIDs to the left, the ones I used to the right, and I swapped them out in that pattern (I mostly saw 1, a few 0, maybe a single 2)

(base) 0x0C92CDB1 - 0x00DD7767
0- 0xAC92CDB2 - 0x00DD7768
1- 0x2C92CDB3 - 0x00DD7769
2- 0xAC92CDB4 - 0x00DD776A

There's a couple GUIDs I couldn't find ("create object"), but I'm guessing they could be the wedding ring and effects not directly linked to what's in the file, so I skipped those. I think those will work fine as-is since they're not directly linked to the file.

Just thought this could be helpful to know in case you ever bump into a similar issue with a different object later on.

Hello @simmer22
Thank you for all this information - it is extremely useful.
I have downloaded your version and will check it in-game shortly.
Whilst I could easily just accept using the Celebrations Wedding Arch, I will try to change the GUID in my version of the Sims2 base game Wedding Arch and see if I can get it to work.
It is important to learn a little more all the time so this thread will be a good reference point should I make another Wedding Arch in the future.
Thank you again.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 4:05 PM
I don't have too much experience with GUIDs in the BHAVs myself, but experimented a bit with it for some dollhouses a while ago (custom dolls). Those GUIDs were of the "create object" variety, and edited a bit differently. The ones self-referenced in this object were easier to edit, but there were a lot of them.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 4:29 PM
I don't have too much experience with GUIDs in the BHAVs myself, but experimented a bit with it for some dollhouses a while ago (custom dolls). Those GUIDs were of the "create object" variety, and edited a bit differently. The ones self-referenced in this object were easier to edit, but there were a lot of them.

Hello @simmer22
Checked your version in-game and it works.

This time success for Cassandra and Don

I have also looked in SimPE at Object Data, GMDC and Textures and saw the small size of the texture png.
In Behaviour Function Main list, I saw the change you have made with the GUID.
Apart from the GUIDs in Object Data plus the one in this Behaviour Function Main list, where else do I need to change them? Do I just look through everything in the Behaviour Function?
Thank you for all your help and assistance.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 4:38 PM
The small size is the LOD - just took it down in size a bit (no need for it to be 1024x1024 - it's the one that shows in the neighborhood. Not entirely sure it will show with the right mesh, haven't checked that. Could be that too needs some fixing in this version).

Anyway, just wanted to see if it was the GUIDs in the BHAVs that was the issue, and looks like it was. Could be an idea to continue using the Celebration version since it's a bit easier to work with, though - the BG version looks like it's got several kinks to sort out after cloning.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 4:50 PM
The small size is the LOD - just took it down in size a bit (no need for it to be 1024x1024 - it's the one that shows in the neighborhood. Not entirely sure it will show with the right mesh, haven't checked that. Could be that too needs some fixing in this version).

Anyway, just wanted to see if it was the GUIDs in the BHAVs that was the issue, and looks like it was. Could be an idea to continue using the Celebration version since it's a bit easier to work with, though - the BG version looks like it's got a few kinks to sort out after cloning.

Hello @simmer22
In the Buy catalogue, your version showed the pic of what the Tropical Dream Wedding Arch should look like but had the price of the Trellisor Wedding Arch.

I looked through all the Behaviours in SimPE and have made a list where the GUIDs need to be changed (I found 8 but will double check).
I will try and remake this again using the Trellisor Wedding Arch and then if successful, will have have a look at any other Wedding Arches I could use for cloning and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again for all help.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 5:22 PM
The file I uploaded was a new clone, not an edited version of yours (just wanted to test a few things). I didn't change the price, just the text. Also didn't change anything in the TXMTs.

The LOD mesh/texture is the mini version of the arch that shows on the lot in the neighborhood view, or a low-definition version when you have neighbor lots enabled. Not sure if the Trellish arch has a separate LOD mesh somewhere (didn't look like there was one in the file), but there was a LOD texture which I made a bit smaller.
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 6:23 PM
The file I uploaded was a new clone, not an edited version of yours (just wanted to test a few things). I didn't change the price, just the text. Also didn't change anything in the TXMTs.

The LOD mesh/texture is the mini version of the arch that shows on the lot in the neighborhood view, or a low-definition version when you have neighbor lots enabled. Not sure if the Trellish arch has a separate LOD mesh somewhere (didn't look like there was one in the file), but there was a LOD texture which I made a bit smaller.

Hello @simmer22
When I double checked the GUIDS in Behaviours I changed 9; but there were two other GUIDs that did not relate to the GUIDS in Object Data.
I have now managed to create the Tropical Dreams Wedding Arch cloning from the Trellisor Wedding Arch.

Thank you for your help today.
Screenshots