Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 3:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CJ's new genie wishes with the youth wish fix?
I'm currently trying it out, but you never know. Sometimes things start to happen after I sorted my downloads, or you don't see that it's breaking something right away.
It'd be a pity to take out any of these two really. So does someone happen to have a clue, or would someone who knows about modding have a look if these two work together? HCDU shows a conflict, but since often that's not really a problem... (I mean, inteen conflicts with itself according to HCDU.)

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: TTAB
Group ID: 0x7F285E93
Instance ID: 0x00000001
Packages Containing This Menu File:
\downloads\hacks\CJ-NewGenieWishes.package
\downloads\hacks\youthwishfix_arek91.package

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: TTAs
Group ID: 0x7F285E93
Instance ID: 0x00000001
Packages Containing This Menu Strings File:
\downloads\hacks\CJ-NewGenieWishes.package
\downloads\hacks\youthwishfix_arek91.package

Cijons new genie wishes: http://www.cyjon.net/node/390

And here are both versions of the youth wish fix:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=316080
http://modthesims.info/d/327447
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 4:49 PM
I use Arek's mod and the wish for youth works with no problems. The way I used it, to prevent any problems, was moving in a CAS adult and using the lamp to create a teen on their own. This way I avoided messing up job or any other gain made as an adult. I can't speak for how well it works for an adult that has held a job or gained any badges or whatever else. His mod does say they lose certain things. Hadn't seen the other two mods, although now Cyjon's home business wish looks pretty good.

Mkvenner's is just additional stuff added to Arek's. If you read his comments, there are problems with school grade being stuck. In his comment section, CatOfEvilGenius made a nice change to his mod making an elder wish for adult age. I'm not sure if using more than one of these mods at the same time would work. Would be nice if someone combined the youth, adult, business and a few others all in one.

Forgot to mention HCDU didn't show any conflicts.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:45 PM
Well the two youth fix ones are just different versions of the same one, I wouldn't need them together either way. The question is if I can use one of these two with CJ's genie wishes.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 7:02 PM
Sorry for bumping a six year old thread, but I've been looking everywhere for something like this. I tested it, and Cyjon's wishes don't work with Arek's youth wish fix. Whichever one loads last will override the other. Midge the Tree has a mod on their LiveJournal that combines Cyjon's wishes with [Black_Spirit]'s youth wish fix, but as far as I know, that one only turns elders back into adults.