53 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#1151 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 12:08 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 7th Mar 2024 at 11:56 AM.
Wasn't there already aliens in the Sims 4? (Sorry guys, I just couldn't stop myself from saying that.)

On a serious note, though, that is a one huge bug. Feel bad for those who play the game.
Advertisement
Theorist
#1152 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 12:36 PM
English Simmer; I don't watch her content often. Since I do believe in giving credit where credit is due, she gets kudos from me, at least for this current round of Maxis-inflicted mess.

Not only did she apologize ( more than once) for not seeing all the bugs in her review, but she's also sticking her neck out and showing people what is going on. I can't say the same for lilsimsie, Vixella, Deli, James and all the other big sims tubers. I guess all of them are suddenly too busy and or are spending their time playing something else, playing around in CAS or build mode. Shhh...don't talk about the mess. Good luck to all of them with that. Going forward, this kind of stuff is going to be the new normal. I'm not alone in thinking that...

Pick which bug you want to know more about, but I'm directing this post specifically to the distortion bug so ya'll can see it in real time. It isn't just a CAS problm, it also happens during game play.

Video:

I broke my sims so you don't have to (hopefully) But there's new glitches

https://youtu.be/YDBTUS7kf3c?feature=shared&t=540
Field Researcher
#1153 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 2:33 PM
I don't know what Maxis/EA is doing.... is this really a sustainable business practice? They must truly believe so. The numbers must not lie. People are still buying these products so EA does not care if they keep releasing things completely and utterly broken like this. I really feel bad for people who are stuck in the TS4 ecosystem and can't see themselves playing anything else ever.
Mad Poster
#1154 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
I don't know what Maxis/EA is doing.... is this really a sustainable business practice? They must truly believe so. The numbers must not lie. People are still buying these products so EA does not care if they keep releasing things completely and utterly broken like this. I really feel bad for people who are stuck in the TS4 ecosystem and can't see themselves playing anything else ever.

I got the gems pack and so far no problems but I have not gotten a heck of a lot of the recent EPs and other things. I have some 4 and I have not gotten a lot of 4. I can see myself playing other things very easily.... and just open CAW or Sims 3. And I am still interested in LBY.

And of course we have a whole universe of other things to play and do also that are not simulation games.
Scholar
#1155 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 2:44 PM
With rodiek gone, the foul taste in my mouth when I even think of playing TS4 is also gone. I might just download the TS4 base again to update my old mods (can't guarantee they'll play well with packs since I refuse to buy them). It might also help me rekindle my passion for programming. That said, I'm also no longer a shut-in, so I might not have time - any time I have left in front of my home computer is much more likely to be TS2 time.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#1156 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 3:08 PM
NEW EMERGENCY PATCH UPDATE FOR THE SIMS 4!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTmiNEc7cAU

The patch is out for the patch.

This sounds a bit too close to Jeff Foxworthy's "Here's Your Sign"

Here's Your Sign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZcgHtS7mMk

Pixelade is being spicy this week. I don't disagree with anything he said, but the part about how Maxis fucked up the game, then expects players to go in and fix all their sims ( fix the alien invasion) had me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1157 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 9:54 PM
Lol, even the fandom is suggesting boycotting altogether their DLCs. Yikes!

This is why its been said to vote with your wallet, Because EA minions don’t see yall as humans. They don’t respect their players. And may never will.

When moodlets and sims appearance are morfing upon loading saves, it’s scary to think the longitivify of TS4 if they manage to piss more people off (as their patiences isn’t iron either), then imagine how they be ready to jump to their Renees and Dolort-ore dollaring games, switching to TS4 with abrubt cancellation of the Four lmao.

The longer player stay with EA’s crap, the longer will the sims suffer whilst its not yet plugged off by EA or heartrate line drops on its own. Players should not be guinnea pigs - let Maxis fucking sit by their computer at once and check through their game without input from players. Its their burned code soup - they should be the ones slurping/chomping it down from their own left pot on the burner.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#1158 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Lol, even the fandom is suggesting boycotting altogether their DLCs. Yikes!

This is why its been said to vote with your wallet, Because EA minions don’t see yall as humans. They don’t respect their players. And may never will.

When moodlets and sims appearance are morfing upon loading saves, it’s scary to think the longitivify of TS4 if they manage to piss more people off (as their patiences isn’t iron either), then imagine how they be ready to jump to their Renees and Dolort-ore dollaring games, switching to TS4 with abrubt cancellation of the Four lmao.

The longer player stay with EA’s crap, the longer will the sims suffer whilst its not yet plugged off by EA or heartrate line drops on its own. Players should not be guinnea pigs - let Maxis fucking sit by their computer at once and check through their game without input from players. Its their burned code soup - they should be the ones slurping/chomping it down from their own left pot on the burner.

The boycott thing is silly. Even with Satch's new video talking about bands, people are already ready to spend more money. They were mad for a few days, EA / Maxis offered a few band-aid patches, now it's back to business as usual.

The future of Sims 4 stuff packs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbb2zICJ8Ck

If there was a actual boycott it would show up in EA's stock. As of this post, EA's stock has moved a couple of dollars which is a normal day in the US stock market, so no, EA / Maxis isn't feeling any kind of discomfort.

EA / Maxis lost any respect for this community a long time ago; players are just wallets that occasionally yell at them on Twitter. If the events from the past couple of weeks haven't shown the lack of respect, I don't know what will. We [Maxis] won't fix our game, or acknowledge your issues, but buy our ugly jewelry and don't play your game that a player paid for and that we [Maxis] screwed up until we fix it. Don't bother to mention that it would be easier if they just sold a non-broken pack that would make Maxis look better and make for a happier community. Such a suggestion is deemed cruel, mean, fighting words.

This is almost as bad as the company that told me this week that their number one priority is communication. I've had not one, not two but three incidences in less than a year with them that that involved poor communication. The company I'm referring to is a small business that makes a lot of money. Instead of arguing, I tossed the ball back into their court with a simple question.

My question was: How does a company that prioritizes communication "forget" to call a customer to inform them that their appointment was changed, hence leaving said customer to hunt you [the company] down to find out what the problem was? The answer... "Ahhhh, I don't know." I was then told that there would be a discussion with somebody up the chain of command regarding this issue.The person I spoke with was lovely nor was she the problem, but I'm not holding my breath.

If people want to spend their time in that kind of toxic relationship with EA, they are free to do so, but it's impossible at this point to take the boycott / we're fed up/ we're not giving EA anymore more money / talks seriously. There are some within the community that do and have talked the talk and walked the walk, but it isn't nearly as many as it looks. It is just like the person that is in a bad relationship that constantly makes excuses for the other person's behavior. I've done that twice in my life many moons ago and was "bitten" both times. It wasn't cute and was really f-ing stupid on my part.
Scholar
#1159 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 3:45 PM
I feel like i've dodged a bullet with all the sheer anger and frustration with today's current patch level by quitting well beforehand. But for my valuable old save games, they are going to remain in Read Only mode, and the possibly forever, Am i Surprised? Not at all, unfortunately.
Test Subject
#1160 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 4:54 PM
I have always found it amazing how much this game has changed over the years and yet has gained very little (if any) value for the changes. I'm asking, if it was possible, how much do you think you could resell this game to another (with all available packs you own included) for? Just curious.
Theorist
#1161 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 11:00 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 10th Mar 2024 at 1:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I feel like i've dodged a bullet with all the sheer anger and frustration with today's current patch level by quitting well beforehand. But for my valuable old save games, they are going to remain in Read Only mode, and the possibly forever, Am i Surprised? Not at all, unfortunately.

There are people going around chanting about not only not buying, but also not playing and uninstalling the game entirely. If EA / Maxis are living like squatters in a person's head to the point where they are making a person that angry that they feel the need to do that, then they should by all means kick the squatters out, uninstall and play something else even if it is TS1, TS2 or TS3.

I'm currently on a game break. My game is fine, I don't feel like playing. I would be a total hypocrite to tell somebody else not to play while I still play TS3. In a perfect world people would get to the bottom of why they feel FOMO and work on changing that ( this would serve them well in all areas in life not just with sims), ect... but this isn't how reality works.

I wish there was a simple solution to all of these things but there isn't. Humans are far more complicated than animated things on a screen....
Mad Poster
#1162 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 9:50 PM
It’s bugs galore over at The Sims 4. 🤣

If bugs indicate upcoming features, I assume salons or a revamped styling station are coming alongside bands. Possibly cosmetic surgery and body modification.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1163 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
There are people going around chanting about not only not buying, but also not playing and uninstalling the game entirely. If EA / Maxis are living like squatters in a person's head to the point where they are making a person that angry that they feel the need to do that, then they should by all means kick the squatters out, uninstall and play something else even if it is TS1, TS2 or TS3.

I'm currently on a game break. My game is fine, I don't feel like playing. I would be a total hypocrite to tell somebody else not to play while I still play TS3. In a perfect world people would get to the bottom of why they feel FOMO and work on changing that ( this would serve them well in all areas in life not just with sims), ect... but this isn't how reality works.

I wish there was a simple solution to all of these things but there isn't. Humans are far more complicated than animated things on a screen....

I’m sure everybody would return to the old games if they were still rekeased and supported by EA (less or more is TS3, since all you need is Steam and can hop in). Another thing, considering I have put my gaming hobby at halt (uninstalled sims stuff), I realized you start to even care less about EA’s malpractise since you have other things to worry or do about that don’t involve, well, gaming.

Today era of Simmers (TS4) are playing it to dress dolls and build mansions. Rich and exciting gameplay isn’t a thing anymore. Buy these stupid crystals or wait for cars and bands, the sims will still be without character development outside the shiny stuff they can equip with or ride on, until we continue investing our money on the crappy bugged game where moodlets and relationship are damn broken that renders Sims with alzeirmers disease. This is what we SIMMERS are PAYING ea to do.

Theorist
#1164 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 14th Mar 2024 at 5:54 PM.
Another thing, considering I have put my gaming hobby at halt (uninstalled sims stuff), I realized you start to even care less about EA’s malpractise since you have other things to worry or do about that don’t involve, well, gaming.

I feel this way about the internet in general lately. Everything is fake, I'm tired of hearing the words TikTok or Instagram as every other word, blah, blah, blah, blah. There are some people I don't mind listening to as they actually teach people something / are capable of talking about something like a adult, but the rest of them, NOPE!

The book I'm reading is about fae, demons, angels, shape-shifters, and so on. Hardly a important thing in life, but it doesn't involve the internet, everybody and their mother trying to sell me piles of shit that I don't need or care about, ect...

Today era of Simmers (TS4) are playing it to dress dolls and build mansions. Rich and exciting gameplay isn’t a thing anymore. Buy these stupid crystals or wait for cars and bands, the sims will still be without character development outside the shiny stuff they can equip with or ride on, until we continue investing our money on the crappy bugged game where moodlets and relationship are damn broken that renders Sims with alzeirmers disease. This is what we SIMMERS are PAYING ea to do.

As long as this stuff happens ( it will because Yibs are the advertising department for the sims franchise now) the things you mentioned will continue to happen. After seeing some of the so-called "leaked" Project Nay-Nay stuff that came out last week, I've written that game off as a made over Sims Mobile. I call the leaks "so- called" because Maxis loves to pull things out of their hat to use as distraction tactics. If they had a pack or kit ready to go, they would have used that instead to get all of the torches and pitchforks off their butts.

EDIT: They did try the fugly jewlery thing, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it. Apparently they [ Maxis] universally pissed everybody off by not reading the room after they broke their game for what feels like the millionth time.

Throwing money at a video game is a choice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1165 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 4:44 PM
TS4 influencers are a perfect example of how money changes people and especially regarding their morals. They all know about the bugs and how the game is not fixed at all, but they still chose to support a company that ruined so many titles and that relies so heavily on microtransactions. None of the influencers chose to stop buying packs until the game is fixed. And this is intentional just like with TS3. The bugs are there to draw you to the next sims title. Some of them are a bit more honest, but at the end they all still advertise the content because that is their source of money.

EA is there to take your money and that is basically it. Everybody should just think about the colour wheel. We were told by TS4 developers that it is impossible because of all the packs right at the begining of TS4. We are now ten years into TS4. The chances to implement the colour wheel were numerous. None of the popular influencers calls out the lie about the colour wheel.
Mad Poster
#1166 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 12:54 AM
We were never going to get a color wheel based on how the game is designed, with exceptions being made to certain werwolves & pets.

The only exceptions I can see them making is something along the lines of a fashion designer career with SPECIFIC CAST style outfits or a furniture designer career that’s much the same for specific items. That, or changing the base hue on any object’s texture from white to whatever you want is doable but would require modifying the core game to optimize this.

A COMPLETE overhaul of a 10 year old game and all objects? Good luck.

Top Secret Researcher
#1167 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 1:58 AM
I don't know how long-term these TS4 Youtube/Tik-Tok influencers plan for but having TS4 run for 10 years definitely helped with them making money for much longer without having to change what they do for their main content. Who knows if people follow them as much with the next version of the game. So, I'm not surprised they pretend it's all wonderful. Why wouldn't they? They live off this game.
What I don't get is how so many people don't seem to understand this simple fact. And that this makes them anything but objective.
Theorist
#1168 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
What I don't get is how so many people don't seem to understand this simple fact. And that this makes them anything but objective.

I don't live in anybodies head or anything, but comments on YT videos may or may not offer some insight.

"I spend over 13 hours a day on my phone."

"{fill in the blank} Youtuber is my friend."

"EA is a good company."

"I keep buying packs because I know EA will fix the game some day."

"All the bad stuff that happens is because of EA, not Maxis."

Some of this stuff comes from newbies to the franchise that have no idea what they are talking about. Others are trying to get free packs so they do what many do which is toss projections that TS4 is perfect and wonderful as a means of getting Maxis' attention.

I heard it said yesterday that we're living in a time where bad behavior is rewarded. The comment wasn't about video games or anything specific. He was talking about all the bad behavior all over the internet in general. People can lie through their teeth about anything and it will be rewarded with money regardless of the platform they spout their BS on.

I read a article the other day talking about influencers and how companies are getting tired of paying people thousands of dollars while getting next to nothing in ROI or Return on Investment. I didn't bookmark said article, but the example used was a company paid somebody $10,000.00. The company got back $200.00. There are tons of articles regarding 'influencers', but here's a accurate quote from Forbes:

Quote:
But what’s really scary is that creators who are focused on their financial gain in the near term rather than the value of their audience's trust (and what that can mean for a creator financially in the long term) have the opportunity to really bring into question the validity of the whole industry.

How can you tell whether this has started to happen for a particular creator? While this is usually a terrible idea for very obvious reasons, reading the comments on sponsored content can give you a great idea of where a particular creator is with their audience. If it feels "off," smart audiences will quickly flag it. In this case, creators will probably lose revenue opportunities in the near term and their ability to monetize their audience’s trust may go to zero in the long run.

And if this trust topples over for enough creators, the industry as we know it will soon follow.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...ncer-marketing/

Not all content Yibs peddle is sponsored. Yibs getting a free code is not sponsorship, it's just a free code. The definition doesn't matter at this point as it is moot when all packs are the "best pack ever". That and EA isn't so quick to kick people off their coat tails. The Dylan Simz situation that happened a few years showed how slow and screwed up that process can be.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1169 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
We were never going to get a color wheel based on how the game is designed, with exceptions being made to certain werwolves & pets.

The only exceptions I can see them making is something along the lines of a fashion designer career with SPECIFIC CAST style outfits or a furniture designer career that’s much the same for specific items. That, or changing the base hue on any object’s texture from white to whatever you want is doable but would require modifying the core game to optimize this.

A COMPLETE overhaul of a 10 year old game and all objects? Good luck.

I mean, why not? If they continue get this game going pass the 2030’s and other 10 tens as long its profitting, they may as well make a big update if all they gonna do is continue breaking the game and every month spin the “which paid stuff pack should we changed the cost to FREE” wheel

If they wanna shit on TS3 and offer distracting DLC that, in most occasions, feel watered-down counterparts of the prequal, than maybe considering implementing stuff TS3 actually did good And before anyone argues that they can’t do revolutionary updates, then I’d say they shouldn’t gave us toddler inclusion update (and swimming pool tool object) which to be frank if not the best update we gotten 8 years ago. Otherwise, its pretty miserable because theur budget seems to be on actual shoe string now than in early days of its release

Mad Poster
#1170 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:58 AM
I mean, why not? If they continue get this game going pass the 2030’s and other 10 tens as long its profitting, they may as well make a big update if all they gonna do is continue breaking the game and every month spin the “which paid stuff pack should we changed the cost to FREE” wheel

Because they have to go in and retroactively update every single piece of build buy to accommodate the change independent. A hue slider is doable, but not CAST.

They also still missing matching swatches on doors and windows!

Theorist
#1171 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:19 AM

If they wanna shit on TS3 and offer distracting DLC that, in most occasions, feel watered-down counterparts of the prequal, than maybe considering implementing stuff TS3 actually did good And before anyone argues that they can’t do revolutionary updates, then I’d say they shouldn’t gave us toddler inclusion update (and swimming pool tool object) which to be frank if not the best update we gotten 8 years ago. Otherwise, its pretty miserable because theur budget seems to be on actual shoe string now than in early days of its release

This is Maxis we're talking about.

They swore up and down that a color wheel wasn't possible and caused all kinds of problems for TS3 ( no it didn't. The gigs upon gigs of patterns people were trying to shove into their game on their potato computers was the problem...) but they turned around and added one to pets. If something was that problematic then one shouldn't have been added to TS4 at all.

There was the song and dance about pools and how they physically could not be added to the game. The last time we've seen Graham on here is when he showed up spouting his guru stuff about pools. He couldn't leave it at that. Instead he had to go off about the Security Exchange Commission which turned out to be total BS, forward- looking sales which is a line used in every single EA quarterly fiscal report and whatever other crap he mentioned. I'm fine with being the fire-breathing goblin and all, but when do gurus have their day of being called out for all of their BS? They're care so little they are willing to bring a arm of the US federal government ( Security Exchange Commission) into a conversation if they think it will get people off of their heels. People wonder when / why my attitude started to shift towards EA / Maxis; here it is.

This is part of that $1,000.00-plus price tag. Peeps in Canada have paid almost $2,000.00 for this lip service. If people want to pay thousands of dollars for corporate waffling and BS they are allowed to do so, but it has to be tiring after awhile...
Test Subject
#1172 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:51 PM
No matter what we say here, the world seems to continue to turn toward the advantage of EA. And, yet, I keep shaking my head, still unable to believe that this sh*t has lasted as long as it has.
Theorist
#1173 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 12:11 AM
EA is wrapping up fiscal year 2024, their new fiscal year will start in April. This might explain the "sale" that is going on. They're trying to grab as much revenue from fiscal year 2024 as they can so they can dazzle their Wall Street overlords as much as possible. https://ir.ea.com/financial-informa...ts/default.aspx

The pack that is free at the moment is love-bombing. It's EA's way of dangling a metaphorical carrot to keep people around. Not cool, but there is no shortage of those that fell for it.

That being said, with a new fiscal year on the immediate horizon, it is going to be a fresh, new quarter of bugs and mess. I wonder how many emergency patches they'll need this time around.

There is no release date for Project Nay-Nay yet and I'm already tired. I have a funny ( not in a ha-ha way) that history is going to repeat itself.
Mad Poster
#1174 Old Today at 2:24 AM
Builders are still waiting for:
- Functional Elevators
- Spiral Staircases
- Garages & Driveways
- Curved Pools
- Hotels
- Diving Boards
- Pool Tables
- Amusement Parks
- Customizable Festivals