Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 1:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default delete corrupt lot
hello simmers, I have a problem, I have a saved batch/lot that was corrupt, I was able to save the family, but this batch only put the mouse pointer on top, the game crashes, how can I locate the file and delete it directly? Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 1:55 AM
Do you mean that attempting to bulldoze it crashes the game? That is an annoying tricky thing.

Do you have SimPE? It may be possible to find the file name using that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Do you mean that attempting to bulldoze it crashes the game? That is an annoying tricky thing.

Do you have SimPE? It may be possible to find the file name using that.

Yes, as soon as you pass the mouse over the lot that is in the drawer, the game collapses. I have simpe, but I don't know where to look for the file (I'm a novice/noob!)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 5:13 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Oct 2021 at 5:31 AM.
Do you mean that the lot is placed in the neighborhood, or in the lot bin?

If the lot is placed in the neighborhood, then I don't know how you'd best solve it.

If the lot is only in the lot bin, you can remove it via the LotCatalog folder in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder. Can be a bit tricky to find, but if you know the name of the lot, you can open the files in SimPE and look for either the lot name or the pictures (they're small, but hopefully you'll recognize the lot). You'll want to look for the resources named "jpg/tga/png image (IMG)" for the pictures and "Lot Definition (LOTD)" or "[Text Lists] (STR#)" for the lot name.
(If the lot is in the bin and is occupied, then you have different issues going on).

You can remove regular lots from the LotCatalog folder - these are mostly template EAxis and installed lots in the house catalog that aren't placed. (Just as a warning, there are a few "unplaced" lots/families too - the occupied Pets lots - which I'm not sure it's safe to remove like that, but there's clean bin templates to download for those if need be).

Don't remove lots this way from the Neighborhoods folder - those are occupied or in use in other ways, and it can potentially cause corruption.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you mean that the lot is placed in the neighborhood, or in the lot bin?

If the lot is placed in the neighborhood, then I don't know how you'd best solve it.

If the lot is only in the lot bin, you can remove it via the LotCatalog folder in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder. Can be a bit tricky to find, but if you know the name of the lot, you can open the files in SimPE and look for either the lot name or the pictures (they're small, but hopefully you'll recognize the lot). You'll want to look for the resources named "jpg/tga/png image (IMG)" for the pictures and "Lot Definition (LOTD)" or "[Text Lists] (STR#)" for the lot name.
(If the lot is in the bin and is occupied, then you have different issues going on).

You can remove regular lots from the LotCatalog folder - these are mostly template EAxis and installed lots in the house catalog that aren't placed. (Just as a warning, there are a few "unplaced" lots/families too - the occupied Pets lots - which I'm not sure it's safe to remove like that, but there's clean bin templates to download for those if need be).

Don't remove lots this way from the Neighborhoods folder - those are occupied or in use in other ways, and it can potentially cause corruption.

Thank you very much for your answers, they were very useful, look in that location: documents / the sims 2 / LotCatalog, and there, I looked at the dates of the batches/lots , which was useful, since many are as you say, they are from the base game , the batches/lots, ok, I looked and the second I looked for was number: cx_00000078, they do not have a name, which would be very useful, but with simpe, I looked for images and I saw that there was an image of a family sim that I saved from that lot, I deleted it, and loaded the game and that damn , lot is gone!, I had the file saved in case it was not the lot, but if it was, it is already solved, thank you very much already simpe, it is a great tool! I have many more issues to solve, but I will expose them little by little, sorry for my English, this is thanks to the google translation. Greetings
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 4:58 AM
Quote:
I saw that there was an image of a family sim that I saved from that lot

Not sure if it's common that there are pictures of sims in these lots...

Just so we're clear here - if you're dealing with occupied lots in the lot bin, you have other issues.

Not sure if those lots are safe to delete that way, since it's not safe to put occupied lots in the lot bin to begin with (and there could be more references other places). Putting them there can corrupt the neighborhood the lot came from, and attempting to place the lot anywhere else can corrupt other neighborhoods.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Not sure if it's common that there are pictures of sims in these lots...

Just so we're clear here - if you're dealing with occupied lots in the lot bin, you have other issues.

Not sure if those lots are safe to delete that way, since it's not safe to put occupied lots in the lot bin to begin with (and there could be more references other places). Putting them there can corrupt the neighborhood the lot came from, and attempting to place the lot anywhere else can corrupt other neighborhoods.

It was an empty lot, without Sim, and it was corrupted, so much so that just hovering the mouse over it crashed the game, it was a lot from the drawer, and it's gone. Sorry, my English is bad, I didn't explain myself well, most likely. I know it's risky to erase that, but my game is fine now ...