Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Depression' Custom Animation Hack V1 *REDOWNLOAD*

by Trendy_Hendy Posted 24th Jul 2008 at 5:48 PM - Updated 3rd May 2011 at 8:44 AM by leesester

239 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 215 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Mad Poster
#101 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:14 PM
just saw that "no one knows" episode. great work! :D

(and just adding one thing to the list of wanted animations/poses: one with the sim lying down flat on the back, arms to the sides (almost like the float on back animation, but on the floor, and without the bubble things around their heads). With the OMSP it would've had a lot of uses - lying in a bed, on the floor - sleeping, dead, in a hospital bed, fallen down, and so on.)
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 10:40 PM
Oh WOW. This looks fantastic, can't wait to try out the poses!
Test Subject
#103 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 8:47 PM
Could you make this hack available on commuity lots? This is such an awesome hack but it's a real pity it's only usable on residential lots...
Test Subject
#104 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 4:54 AM
I'm sorry in advance if this is too much to ask because I'm pretty much a noob and I don't know how these things work :P
Is there a way for them to have facial expressions while they're in those positions? (It's just that in the picture the guy holding a gun to his head is looking perfectly serene.)
Also, it would be cool if when they choose the option 'shoot self' that they would actually die. If that's possible? Like I said before, I don't know what I'm talking about. :P
Test Subject
#105 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 4:54 AM
Oh yeah, and thanks. ^_^
Instructor
#106 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 11:58 PM
This is great! However, is it compatable with Apartment Life? Furthermore I'm wondering if sims can acutally commit suiside using your gun.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#107 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 12:51 PM
Very original, and nicely done! :D
Test Subject
#108 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 6:39 PM
Oh, this is super cool. Thanks. But I was wondering, could you do a pose for in a coffin for a funeral or something like that? That'd be cool too. Maybe for the nightlife coffin, or a bed...Just an idea. It might be helpful for a lot of people. The kind of pose where the dead person has flowers in their hands, or just have their arms at their sides.

Don't tell me to get in shape, I don't want to be a square! Or a triangle, for that matter...I don't really wan't to be a circle, either....I like being a non-shape. Does that mean i'm a blob? Nevermind.
I download, not upload. I'd like to, though!
*~Jello~*
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 12:45 AM
I just want to tell you that I'm grateful you've resolved this issue. I thought it was only me! Thank you so much! ^_^

FINAL FANTASY VII
{ SOLDIER-02 }

An original Sims 2 series.
Watch it here.

Lab Assistant
#110 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 3:08 PM
hey i just wanted to ask if you can do a hack where the sims can phone sims in overlay?i always wanted to have a hack like this.(sorry my english is bad im german:-))
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 12:33 AM
aww, they look so sad! but still, great idea, great execution!

i build houses! that would sound much more important if they were real houses...
Test Subject
#112 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 12:47 AM
Thanks Trendy!
Who ever knew depression came in a box?

I've had the Sad Box for awhile and It hasnt had any bugs.

HEY,YOU. LOOK OVER HERE.
Take the Anna challenge- Create something out of the ordinary.
[Starting 9-15-08]
Test Subject
#113 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:24 PM
um.......yeah...well....all i can make my sim girl do is 'consoloble cry'. how do you get the other reactions?i tried clicking on the floor but nothing cept-go here-showed up.i did the smae with the bed and nothing but regular options showed up.i have Sims 2 Pets. i extracted all the files and stuff....so i dont know what im doing wrong.
Test Subject
#114 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:31 PM
i shift clicked and i got the box.lol.something...i dk.ill try again...
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 10:06 AM
Jeeeeej, finally some depressed sims :P
They're always waaaay to happy xD
Field Researcher
#116 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 11:56 AM Last edited by bluelady : 20th Oct 2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Is a "Thanks" post.
Quote: Originally posted by lizzard_gill
i shift clicked and i got the box.lol.something...i dk.ill try again...

You're not trying to use the reaction tester, are you?

This pose hack is a buyable object somewhere under misc in the area where you can buy painting easels, if I'm not mistaken. You need to download the 'Trendy_Hendy-depression-animbox-version2.zip'. Unzip, and put into your downloads folder. Then go into the game, and look where I mentioned earlier. Buy the box object with 'depression' written on the top. Then click on it. You should get the options.

Brilliant hack, by the way. Very useful.
Test Subject
#117 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluelady

This pose hack is a buyable object somewhere under misc in the area where you can buy painting easels, if I'm not mistaken. You need to download the 'Trendy_Hendy-depression-animbox-version2.zip'. Unzip, and put into your downloads folder. Then go into the game, and look where I mentioned earlier. Buy the box object with 'depression' written on the top. Then click on it. You should get the options.

im gonna do that.thanks
Test Subject
#118 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 2:18 AM
ummm........yeah.didnt work.couldnt find it anywhere!ahh!!!!!im going insane!or should i say im becoming depressed........
Test Subject
#119 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 3:37 AM
Wow, just Wow!! You are quite talented in the programming dept. If you can do this for the adults, would it be hard to make new animations for the infants? Like being able to sit down with the infant, feed them in a chair, etc.? Thanks for this work and sharing it.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 8:36 AM
thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 5:35 PM
Thank You Very much

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Test Subject
#122 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 10:55 PM
ugh.
Quote: Originally posted by bluelady

doesnt work.i couldnt find it anywhere
Field Researcher
#123 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 7:00 PM Last edited by bluelady : 23rd Oct 2008 at 7:59 PM.
Yeah, you already said.

I don't know what to suggest if it isn't working for you. It should be doing. I'm loading my game now, I'll have a look which category it turns up in in my game.

Are you sure you :

* Downloaded the Trendy_Hendy-depression-animbox-version2.zip file.

* Unzipped using winrar, WinZIP or 7zip (Or another similair program.)

* Put the unzipped contents into your download folder.

?

Edit : The object is under hobbies, all.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natasha795
I'm sorry in advance if this is too much to ask because I'm pretty much a noob and I don't know how these things work :P
Is there a way for them to have facial expressions while they're in those positions? (It's just that in the picture the guy holding a gun to his head is looking perfectly serene.)
Also, it would be cool if when they choose the option 'shoot self' that they would actually die. If that's possible? Like I said before, I don't know what I'm talking about. :P

These are mostly for people writing stories. I don't believe someone could make them die and many people might not want that. I know I don't want that I want the pose for a story.

Also you can use decorgal hack and use the facial expressions from that.

Our love... will never die no matter how many times people try to destroy us
Test Subject
#125 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 4:34 PM
This is awsome!! Just what I need! THANK YOU
Page 5 of 10