Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vivid Waters II - 7 New Fountains With Improved Animations NO EP

by jon119 Posted 14th Dec 2008 at 4:37 PM - Updated 2nd Jun 2013 at 1:48 AM by HugeLunatic

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:06 PM
love them all but mostly the paviken! wonderful work, thanks!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Scholar
#27 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:12 PM
You've done it again! Yet another beautiful set of fountains! :lovestruc

Congrats on the "Pick" also. Well deserved!
Wiki Wizard
#28 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 8:16 PM
Wow, these are so awesome, thanks! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 11:39 PM
These look soooooooo nice! Thanks :D

You can have as much dust as you like because it's got no calories!
Instructor
#30 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 2:40 AM
I simply can't thank you enough for this amazing assortment of water fountains.
My outdoor and indoor gardens have been sighing and longing for such a wonderful collection of beautiful water deco. Many thanks for sharing with the rest of us.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:02 AM
Wow, these are great. I especially like the rustic elegance of the Chania and the sleek modernism of the Stockholm.
Inventor
#32 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:16 AM
Wow, I love these, especially the japanese tea garden type ones.
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 12:35 AM
Wow, these are GORGEOUS!! They look so realistic!
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 8:57 AM
They are stunning ! Thank you !
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 12:27 AM
This is awesome JB! Beautiful for both in- and outdoor! You always do such a wonderful job on fountains!!! LOVE THEM! Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:41 AM
this is what i call AWESOME ...
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:53 PM
Beautiful work, thanks for sharing these with us.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#38 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 4:53 AM
Oooooh look at you go! These are even better than the last lot - and now I shall have many many lovely water features to choose from! Really awesome work thanks Jon!! =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 6:50 PM
It is fabulous Jon ! Thank you a lot.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 11:36 PM
WOW Jon! great job, indeed
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 8:38 AM
this sit of theme is so beatuful, It give my sims so much funny :P
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 11:46 PM
I really like these fountains, but would you be able to make them take up the squares that they cover? You know, instead of a fountain hanging over 4 different squares but only taking up one?

"War is not about who is right, but who is left."
The ModFather
retired moderator
#43 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Numenor : 29th Dec 2008 at 2:06 AM.
It happens quite rarely that I keep staring an object in disbelief, but this time it happened! The water looks so realistic that at first I thought that you managed to create a new "effect", but then I saw it was an animated texture... and my jaw dropped once more

Excellent work!

EDIT: One more Bravo! for making them compatible with the base game I appreciate very much modders that put that extra effort, taking care of the "less fortunate" players that don't have any expansions -

NOTE: I tried slowing down the animation speed for the larger fountains, and I got results that personally judge even mode realistic. Of course, a high spee grants a better movement illusion, but a value of 10 (instead of the original 17) is a good middle value, imho.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 5:49 AM
Great thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 2:10 PM
Holy cow!! Thank you sooo much! Wonderful job!!! ^.^
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 9:19 PM
Hey, thanks to the moderators for featuring my work! I have worked hard to reach that aim and I hope that you all have a better game experience with the fountains.

Quote: Originally posted by Team.Triw
I really like these fountains, but would you be able to make them take up the squares that they cover? You know, instead of a fountain hanging over 4 different squares but only taking up one?

I know that your sims may walk trough the meshes of the bigger fountains (Cambridge, Chania, Stockholm) while there are of course no problems with the four 1x1 objects. One possibility is to build a fence around the fountain. If you don't want a fence to be visible there try an invisible one like THIS ONE
I'm not sure if it is possible to change the objects grid but if yes I'll upload an improved version by the time I've figured out how to do that.

Numenor: I feel very honoured that you have such laudatory words for my work , it's great for me to hear that a fabulous creator like you is satisfied with the result!
The animation can certainly also look good with a lower speed. Most users may not know how to alter the speed and so perhaps I'll uploads another version with slower water.
If you want I also allow you to upload your improved versions in a separate thread!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#47 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jon119
If you want I also allow you to upload your improved versions in a separate thread!

No, no, nothing like that The creations are yours, and I'll never "steal the scene" to another good modder; it's not the first time I modify other people's creations to better meet my own tastes...
Anyway, it's very kind of you offering me to repost your fountains, thank you very much

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Eminence Grise
#48 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 2:14 AM
ahhh I love your first set, and I'm sure I'll love the second one too! Should look great with some of the new M+G styles
Scholar
#49 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 9:19 PM
WoW! Amazingly Beautiful Fountains! ThankYou Very Much!!!!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 2:40 PM
These really do look beautiful and the animations look great, look forward to seeing them in action.
Page 2 of 6