Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beachhouse

by Lisen801 Posted 3rd Jun 2005 at 2:34 PM

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rocking the coffin
hi there, wow, really nice lot!
but I have one problem with your explanation: I can´t even make an L-shaped pool! only square and rectangle (in case that´s the way you spell it:-)) ones. also, I can´t lower the pool side even with the proper cheat on :-( kind of frustrating... greetz

to make an l shaped pool check out this tutorial, it is very easy to make!

http://www.snootysims.com/custompool.php

basically you make the pool, then you add onto it by holding crtl and the left mouse button down and then pushing the left mouse button down after you make the pool.
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Jul 2005 at 4:13 PM
When I Download Were Do I Put The File (This IS Like The First House I Have Downloaded) Also Will The WAter Stay The Same ???????????
Test Subject
#53 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 7:02 PM
My Water Is Not The Same
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 5:10 PM
My water came out fine, if you dont have University, I believe that is why the water comes out wrong. You put the house, like everything else, in the downloads file. Should work just fine!

You can also make swimmable areas out of terrain by lowering the terrain (place your diving board and ladder first) 5 spaces down and just color in the area with "water" terrain!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:26 AM
The water also look kinda low in my game, when a sim tries to swim in it it seems to be like if it is flying. I don't have Uni, could that be the problem?
Screenshots

I'm pandrito at Sims2Community
I'm pandrito at Sapphiresims
I'm pandrito at Exnemsims
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:51 AM
This lot and other lots like this with the modified pools seem to crash whenever i try to load them in the game. Any one have any ideas why this might be happening and what i can try to fix it?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 4:38 PM
IT might be related to the creator having ForeverJardon2004's 16 super pool package installed. I know that it is very buggy (causes my pools to glow red at times from the neighborhood and on lot) and she keeps deleting the posts rather than answering my questions on it.

Also, for the other poster, if you don't have UNI I believe that is your problem. Most of the people without UNI, seem to have your problem with the water levels. I have UNI and don't have a problem, they turn out at the right level.

I posted a link before you responded, try making the pools yourself and see if you can replicate one. If not, then maybe it really is UNI that is the problem.

Jade, I also encourage you to try to follow the link and replicate your own pool/lake and see if you still have problems.

Hope that helps somewhat!
Test Subject
#58 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 7:48 PM
Maybe thats why then, I had the pool pack but like you said it turned my water an awful red so I deleted it.

I did find a lot that works for me though... and I've tried to create these pools but they never look quite as good as you expect them to.

Anyway, thanks for the help, maybe ill try creating another one sometime and see how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:18 AM
I know what you mean, I have tried making my own pools and they don't turn out as well.

Her pool pack is very buggy and I'm quite upset that she won't even respond with how to fix it.

Can you tell me how you deleted it?
I have it but I also have the wall packages for numernor but I have backups as well of all the packages I deleted.

I just want to know exactly what to take out and what not to take out in order to delete her pools.
Test Subject
#60 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 4:01 AM
Personally I would delete your current wall file and then just re download the wall pack from numernor... probably be much easier than trying to figure out which walls belong to the pool
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 12:47 AM
Thanks, I will do that!
Test Subject
#62 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 2:47 PM
awsome awsome awsome
Instructor
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 11:01 PM
Hi all and thanks for the respond. Sorry for me not answer before I'm not here so often.
I really don't know why some have problems but you must have Uni for the lot to work, I suppose pdcause I have it...
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 6:00 PM
Whoa now this is a cool looking pad, sure hope this works in my game. I just dunno who I would move into it. I could picture some Dreadnoks living here easily.
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 8:19 PM
Its super nice Thanks for sharing, the house on its own is well worth the download.

Although the water worked fine the first time I got this, my game crashed and I re-installed everything and now I cant get the water to look right! AArgh! (I have uni)
I can make my own pretty easily but the same happens with the water everytime, I guess it must be something I have installed causing the problem... *pulls out hair*
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 5:09 AM
I love this swimmable pool/lake. I have tried to download however I got a message "download timed out"....I did read how Lisen created this pool and I will try it. Many, many thanks everyone. You all are so cool on this site as well as the insimeanator site and mike's inside. You all are awesome.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 1:56 AM
Thankyou. it looks cool so far.
Test Subject
#68 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 2:50 PM
Great work! I was wondering, where did you get the bright blue look/texture of the pool from? Its looks so good!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:21 PM
Väldigt fint som vanligt! Fortsätt så! :D
#70 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 4:19 AM
Thanks so much for the wonderful work!

Now I have something else I can use to make a more sutable home for my Mermaids!! lol

Marvine at InSIMenator made these amazing creatures for us to enjoy... here's a link:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=3503

They call them Merfolk, since there are Mermaids, and...er.. Mermans(??). lol

Now... if I can find someone who is talented enough to make a sea horse for a car, It'd be perfect!
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:19 AM
I only have one thing to say..... AWSOME!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 8:44 PM
Thank You
Test Subject
#73 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 8:42 PM
for a first try that was FAB!!!!! I can't beleive how well uve done!!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 6:36 PM
Äntligen , läste din dagbok på thesims2.se . Och jag älskade huset . har letat igenom 114 sidor (tror jag ) för att hitta huset !! Och min dator är jätte seg .. JIPPI , ÄNTLIGEN :D:D:D:D
Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 11:11 PM
Is it compulsary to create a "L" shape pool? Sorry, I'm to anxious to try it first... you know (and please forgive) that it's easier to ask rather than to go making mistakes and as I'm a newbie I'm a bit scared when something that I can't handle happens in my fav family. I think I'll try anyway.
Thanks!!
Page 3 of 4