Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:18 PM Last edited by squaretable : 23rd Jun 2012 at 2:36 PM.
Introductions?
Ok I know we all already know each other kinda but let's get to know each other better!

Ok I'm filling thIs out...
My First Name: Samuel
Favourite game apart from TS1, 2 & 3 : SimCity 3K
Favourite games apart from TS1, 2 & 3 SimCity 4, Civilization IV, Civilization III, World at War Zombies, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Zoo Tycoon 2, Sid Meiers Pirates, Simcity DS
Language: English
Language in Sims: English
Knows: Basic French & Spanish as well as English
Favourite Town in The Sims: Magic Town!
Favourite Sims 3 World: Sunset Valley
Favourite The Sims 2 Neighbourhood (if played): Strangetown all the way!
Favourite Life-State: Werewolf (Sims 2 Pets)
Favourite Stuff Pack, Ever: Ikea, then H&M
Favourite EP for The Sims: On holiday
Favourite EP for Sims 2: Open for Business
Favourite EP for Sims 3: Dunno, all not great, but at the moment Sweet Treats! (joking, i'd have to say Ambitions)
Favourite Colour/Color: Purple 4 ever!
Other Favourite Colours: Turquiose/Aqua/Teal, Green (specially Bright yellowy Green), Carmen-Red
Mod the Sims/Mod the Sims 2 member since: February 2012

Just Call me Square!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 11:44 AM
My First Name: Daniela
Favourite games apart from TS1,2&3 : Skyrim, Gothic, Myst
Language: German
Language in Sims: German
Knows: English, Basic French
Favourite Sims 3 World: Riverview
Favourite The Sims 2 Neighbourhood: Strangetown (I loved it to death!)
Favourite Life-State: Werewolf
Favourite Sims 2 EP ever: Seasons
Favourite Sims 3 EP: Pets (I'm waiting for Supernaturals)
Favourite Colour/Color: Dark Blue
Mod the Sims/Mod the Sims 2 member since: 18th Jun 2008 (looks hectic in her profile...)
Alchemist
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 1:01 PM
My First Name: Tia
Favourite games apart from TS1,2&3 : Mass Effect trilogy(best games ever), Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines, Alien vs. Predator, Star Wars KOTOR, The 7th Guest + The 11th Hour (so want these two back for windows7 )
Language: Finnish
Language in Sims: English
Knows: English, very lousy Swedish
Favourite Sims 3 World: Bridgeport, Al Simhara
Favourite The Sims 2 Neighbourhood: Didn't really have one but I loved the Downtown and the Twikkii Island
Favourite Life-State: Vampire
Favourite Sims 2 EP ever: Seasons, Nightlife
Favourite Sims 3 EP: Late Night, WA, (propably Supernatural will be too)
Favourite Colour/Color: Ocean blue, white
Mod the Sims/Mod the Sims 2 member since: 24th Sep 2005
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 2:16 PM
cool, i made this as a kind of place where people on the project can talk generally, informally and about subjects irelevant to the main project. Cool Beans people! A little story of mine... I made a custom neighbourhood in TS2 called Glamorsville (which i made when Glamour life came out) which was bigger than pleasantview. I played it through pets and even with seasons, but a glitch came with Celebration Stuff that made any changes to names since Pets revert (marrages, Adoptions) to what they were before hand, it also made any sims in the town made since pets have random names (i had a boy called Yvette) . It didnt have much of a storyline (i was only 7!) But since i had developed it all (I built most of the houses) It was very personal to me and i remember it to this day...

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#5 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 1:44 AM
I still remember the days of the Sims 1 and the joys of the Superstar EP. It was so much fun but now that I look back, the game had so many limitations compared to Sims 2 & 3 that I propably couln't stand to play it again. Sims 2 was a great when it game to creating stuff, especially since we had the bodyshop. I created and converted so many clothes for the Slim Bodybuilder and the Fitchick bodytypes, mostly in the Insiminator Forum and in the Lucentsims Forum under the name "Sierra". Fun times...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 10:30 AM
With TS2, when i was Ten I finally figured out how to make real life clothes using body shop. I used to get pictures from M&s Bhs and Next to convert into trousers and shirts. The thing is that was the late Spring of 2009 and the sims 3 came out two months later, and it took me an hour to do each, and tbh I preferred playing and making sims and building houses to fiddling around with textures in color magic and paint to try and make something I could possibly make my sims wear. Infact just after we got ts3 I learnt how to make custom faces (skins) but my mum had already uninstalled ts2 like she did with ts1 and I would never be able to play it again. So apart from haviving CAST Sims 3 is worse for CC than sims 2. I personally never figured out how to become a celebrity in sims superstar, but I could remember going to studio town and trying to get into the trailer and a Wierd noise would go off and there would be a blue screen with letters (I was only 3-6) at the time... I remember getting Elden hick an oxygen bar and then it suddenly went on fire... I couldn't read and I forgot to put a smoke detector on the outside of their house so he burnt to death an I had a fear of the grim reaper untill I was 10, when I finally had the courage to make a ghost family. (2009 or 2010) who else remember the hole-in-the-ground?

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#7 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 11:11 AM
Actually the "Making Magic" was the only EP I never bought. I wasn't interested in magic back then but the hole-in-the-ground sounds fun (just checked it from the wiki). I just wish we could get all that wonderful spa stuff for Sims 3, as well, and of course the sauna from Sims 2. Sims 1 Hot Date EP was also one of my favorites.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Spa along the Lucky Palms world? Not going to happen, though, I know.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 6:38 AM
Lucky palms world what's that? Is it a store item they're bringing out?

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
Lucky palms world what's that? Is it a store item they're bringing out?

Yes it is.

http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html...eSplash_LPSales
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 7:48 PM
Ah, I never get ANYTHING from the store, partly cause my mum can't be bothered to buy the franking Simpionts. They're a ripoff too store items, there well expensive in Pounds (UK)

Just Call me Square!
Alchemist
#11 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 8:03 PM
I agree, especially Barnacle Bay. What a waste of simpoints. Some of the sets a quite nice, though, but still too expensive. Do you have any favorite set there?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 6:32 AM
I don't know, I wasted my last SimPionts on Barnacle Bay when it came out.
I did like the I heart the 50s Set though, that looked cool. I also wish I had Cowplant too. Maybe I could get this instead of Sweet Treats, Lunar Lakes also looks quite cool because I like the unusual and the old, which is why I'm happy Supernatural is coming out, as is my brother, my mum couldn't be fussed with supernatural though.

Just Call me Square!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 5:21 PM
No... Ones only Ten, and my mum don't use custom content that much, i'm not sure if she's scared of it a little? My Brother literally uses me like i use The Sims Wiki and my mum, she just plays Sims for a while on one family using almost entirely what EA/Maxis gives her. She plays with one neighborhood for a whole year, Me its lucky if i play it half one and my other brother... It's lucky if he plays a family more than Twice. I have another brother but hes so cute he's only Seven and in Year Three! ahhh. He plays sims hardly any time at all. So he often forgets where he was bless him and starts creating a new one for over an hour, and creating some wierd Scifi house with gothic exteriors and an asian roof. Not to mention overly bright furniture.

Just Call me Square!