Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#751 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Either the council are REALLY QUICK or our recycling bin has rematerialised (this didn't ruin my day, just seemed easier to update in this thread)

You may end up with three now!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#752 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 3:58 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 5th Apr 2024 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
Oh my God! The biggest earthquake I ever felt hit my house at 10:30AM. It was in a town 8.5 miles east of us that was hit hard with a shallow 4.8 quake (shallow ones do more destruction.) Woke me out of a sound sleep. Our entire family in my father's family felt it!

Last quake I felt was a deep 7.3 quake in February 2001 when I was a teenager in Redmond, WA.

As for now, I have to stay vigilant for aftershocks in the following hours. My father will be inspecting the house when he's through with the inspection of the warehouse.

For now, sleep is not an option for me. I just need to keep calm.

Update: at 6:00PM ET we encountered an aftershock that affected our locale in New Jersey. My youngest uncle and his wife reported they were affected, but no one else. At least I was prepared for earthquake readiness during my days in Washington State and the Pacific Rim's Ring of Fire.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#753 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:36 PM
Wind was so strong, my glasses FLEW OFF MY FACE and into a road. And then just as I almost grabbed them, another gush of wind knocked me off my feet and my glasses almost down a drain. Thankfully I grabbed them. Then the bus was 2 hours late. Yay.

Also my day at work was crap. Theres a woman there who hates me, and we had a massive thing last week where she brought up a traumatic life event for me for no reason (literally I was just minding my own business not even talking to her)...and then acted like I was the asshole for pointing out her involvement in it and how that affected my family. Anyway, today 2 people told me that she had been gossiping about me and that I'm causing HER stress. Also she blanked me completely the whole 12 hour shift... which kinda works for me so meh.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#754 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 7:00 PM
As part of my mission to switch job (cos this one just aint it) I signed up with a recruitment agency (or several). The problem is I know which agency it isn't but not which it is cos the job title is generic mcgeneric but the roles vary. So when mysterious agent first left me a voicemail I had no idea what for, it was so unintelligible it took 4 listen throughs to understand what position it was for. Yeah I applied for a role with that name but my dude you need to be a lot more specific.

This agent also can't ever call me at a normal time and they don't seem to have the ability to pick up when I immediately call them back. bro I got a job and I'm not glued to my phone cos I'm at the office cos I'm working- even if I am trying to jump ship. Anyway the real problem is that they called at 16:28 on a Friday. No one with a generic office job is functioning at that time yo, like we all mentally checked out at 2 cos its sunny outside and we're like frogs who need some sunlight do frogs also need to catch them sun rays like we do for health?

(I finally noticed the help/guide button)
Mad Poster
#755 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 10:36 PM
Stress, and too much too do+too little time at work...
Scholar
#756 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 8:35 PM
Who'd have thought that after getting hold of that agent that I would have an interview? Not me because that agent was slippery af and recruiters are basically sales people and no one likes them if you're sales or recruitment sorrynotsorry. The interviewers were really great to talk to but they snuck in a few responsibilities that definitely had no busienss being there- they didn't match the skill set/ experience required and weren't "nice to haves".
So I didn't die or anything which was nice but when I left I knew that wasn't the place for me so I was like bet I get my rejection in 48 hours! Instead the agent's telephone game started again Lady, just email me the "no", yeah?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#757 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 1:09 AM
Mood swings. I just want my period to come soon. It's been driving my family and I crazy.

Being a woman isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#758 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 5:45 AM
My day has not been ruined, but this definitely fits with the "Blargh!" part of the thread title. I have been keeping this in for years now, and I MUST give it voice:

Dear talented mod creator. Your mods are very neat. I think I would like to use them. But I can't get through your descriptions because all of the pictures on your mod pages, including your own avatar, look creepier than Chucky could ever dream of being. Your mod pages are home to a colorful hellscape of soulless eyes and fake smiles. Ditch the pics or just embrace the barely suppressed demonic vibe before it consumes you entirely.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Page 31 of 31