Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#2076 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Two starcases are look good enough for sims 2:
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=236770
https://youngcardinalsyoungbloods.d...=51318#cmt51318

The first takes up way too much space.
The second could maybe be used, but not surprisingly, it doesn't have any animations.

If I were to make this floorplan for TS2, I would just go with a straight staircase. There are only 3 tiles to work with, and two of them would be the hallway.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2077 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
If I were to make this floorplan for TS2, I would just go with a straight staircase. There are only 3 tiles to work with, and two of them would be the hallway.

Yes. Or - didn't somebody on here split the TS2 'Sweeping Staircase' in half? That would give some simblance of a curve. (pun intended!)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2078 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 3:17 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 8th Nov 2021 at 4:34 PM. Reason: Actually
The first takes up way too much space.
The second could maybe be used, but not surprisingly, it doesn't have any animations.

The first occupies 3x2 tiles. Two tiles width and three tiles deep.
If I were to make this floorplan for TS2, I would choose first staircase.
10 tiles width minus 1 by each side, minus 5 tiles for driveway which is really narrow according to floor plans, then minus two tiles for stairs. And we has 1 tile left for path and no space for french double door. Ugh...

Here is another count - 20 tiles width, minus 1 by each side, minus two weird huge driveways that is 10 tiles in total, so:
20-2-10= 8 tiles! minus double french door then we have 6 tiles left. That's great to have so many tiles. Where can I put this

Actually that stairs has no railings and has no space under its steps. And that will look really odd in multileveled building. Then... I won't even try to build this house. Yeah. This house is cursed. Nobody will ever put two vehicles in such a narrow garage. Here is my best solution! Let's blame its architect and do nothing.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#2079 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 5:46 PM
The first occupies 3x2 tiles. Two tiles width and three tiles deep.
If I were to make this floorplan for TS2, I would choose first staircase.
10 tiles width minus 1 by each side, minus 5 tiles for driveway which is really narrow according to floor plans, then minus two tiles for stairs. And we has 1 tile left for path and no space for french double door. Ugh...

And even if you move the stairs a couple of tiles away from the front door, it will look like sh*t where it narrows the hallway to 1 tile. Not an option.

Quote:
Here is another count - 20 tiles width...

With a 20-tile Lot, you're just building a regular house, not a narrow townhouse which is the whole point of it.

Quote:
This house is cursed. Nobody will ever put two vehicles in such a narrow garage. Here is my best solution! Let's blame its architect and do nothing.

Isn't Sims great?
With only 3 tiles to work with, the only thing that would fit would be a normal, straight stairs. I think someone did make a staircase that only winds at the top, but then you probably still lose the animation, so that's not worth it either in my opinion.
Another option, of course, is not to have the garage. It's a city row house anyway, so not many will have a garage like this. Without the garage, there's plenty of space.
So there are options - but they all suck.

Anyway, it's Tudorman's problem for TS3, so lets see what he comes up with it if he decides to try this.
Mad Poster
#2080 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 2:54 PM
*sigh*
I was inspired to actually go in game and build a bit yesterday... on this house. I made it a double town-house with the houses mirrored so they shared a courtyard/pool.
I am NOT happy with it.
The dang TS2 garage is just so flippin' huge! It throws off all the other proportions of the house. *Grrrrrr*
Oh well, I might get more time to work on it today - and I will take pix (if I can rework things to be somewhat suitable.)

...I think I'll rebuild it with a non-functioning (for TS2) garage - so the rest of the house is proper - and see if I like that better.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2081 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJ
The dang TS2 garage is just so flippin' huge! It throws off all the other proportions of the house. *Grrrrrr

You could have use this weird garage doors https://modthesims.info/d/184333/new-garage-doors.html
Or something like this but for sims 2 https://modthesims.info/d/435259/th...osure-door.html
haha

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#2082 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 11:42 PM
Yeah... HL's door is for TS3, not TS2 *sigh*
It's not the door - it's the garage "space" all together - and you have to add an extra tile all around for stupid sims to walk on, or they'll get stuck.

I worked on it a bit more today - I don't completely hate it anymore... but the original floor plan was just a suggestion. What I've ended up with is nothing like the original!

And, of course - CC-Free - with a goal of an apartment lot - so outside doors, stairs-must-be-spiral, etc. Ugh!
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2083 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 9:18 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 10th Nov 2021 at 1:14 PM.
Although you say it is nothing like original, I'd ratger say it is very close. But original house has kinda boring solid stucco. I thought stucco is something that fits Huston in Texas, isn't it? When talk about Europe such facade is rather Italian, with white stucco and red clay roof tiles. Tho I don't know about Huston. Never been there. Is there something similar there?

Mad Poster
#2084 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 2:39 PM
In the USA - we have a lot of stucco wherever there was Spanish influence... so, most of the Southern states: from California through Texas, and across to Florida.

Going the NoCC route doesn't leave a whole lot of options. (And I thought a huge mass of stucco would be too bland.) I prolly overdid it ...but it's not "finished" yet - the pixs above are more of a working draft.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2085 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
In the USA - we have a lot of stucco wherever there was Spanish influence... so, most of the Southern states: from California through Texas, and across to Florida.

Going the NoCC route doesn't leave a whole lot of options. (And I thought a huge mass of stucco would be too bland.) I prolly overdid it ...but it's not "finished" yet - the pixs above are more of a working draft.

This house is its own flavour that you caught already. Buuut... I think sometimes blandness is fine.

Theorist
#2086 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 8:09 AM
Hello. How is your day? How are new builds in your games?

Mad Poster
#2087 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 3:05 PM
Blah...
Still rehabbing/deCCifiying old builds.
When I get sick of it, I ride off into the DragonAge sunset

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2088 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 11:27 PM
Hello. How is your day? How are new builds in your games?

Too many to count! haha! I keep going back and forth between them cause i get bored with one

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2089 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 9:13 AM
I decided to start self challenging and create 1 mln simoleons mansion. I have 20k to spend. I can share here pictures and you might help me to reach the goal...

Alchemist
#2090 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 10:09 PM
I decided to start self challenging and create 1 mln simoleons mansion. I have 20k to spend. I can share here pictures and you might help me to reach the goal...

I'd say put all the expensive stuff in there, but I don't know, to be honest. What have you got so far.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2091 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I'd say put all the expensive stuff in there,

Got it! Thanks! I reached 1 mln price.
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I don't know, to be honest. What have you got so far.

Nothing special. Just British Queen's residence.

Screenshots

Alchemist
#2092 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 6:17 PM
Looking nice

#2093 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 11:44 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 22nd Nov 2021 at 4:25 PM.
My latest upload: Spanish#01_3BR
This is the one that started out as a farmhouse, by Johnny_Bravo, a few pages back (starts on page 80). It does have a 10-tree fruit orchard, so it's a little bit farm-ish.

Screenshots
Theorist
#2094 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 9:00 AM
My latest upload: Spanish#01_3BR
This is the one that started out as a farmhouse, by Johnny_Bravo, a few pages back. It does have a 10-tree fruit orchard, so it's a little bit farm-ish.

Great. I like the pool

Alchemist
#2095 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 11:12 AM
Lovely, the pool area looks very inviting

#2096 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 11:43 AM
I'd like to share someday my expectation and house that I feel like the hous of love! Buuuut. To be honest. TS4 that you all hate is actually the best game for it. I love house of love but I don't like TS4. What should I do then?
Regards Vic ^_^

Theorist
#2097 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 2:20 PM
TS4 that you all hate is actually the best game for it.

I don't hate TS4. Granted, I've never played it, but by the looks of it, it seems easily the best of the franchise for building. Just look at this beauty for example.
But before I go to TS4, I will probably have to get a new computer, so it will be a while.

A couple of years ago I bought the TS3 base game, along with a couple of expansions, but have never installed it - and probably never will, as I will probably sell that product, and skip that game entirely. I'm not overly impressed by the building creations I see being made for it.
Theorist
#2098 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 5:48 PM
Hmm. Following The Sims 4 after The Sims 3 lead me to disappointment. I am curious how it would be to run TS4 after TS2. Any expectations about The Sims 4?

Mad Poster
#2099 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 5:54 PM
Any expectations about The Sims 4?

Waste of money? ...and it will cost you an arm and a leg. Literally. Over and over again.

But - have fun

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2100 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 26th Nov 2021 at 2:41 PM. Reason: Ok i sustain EA dev's idea to update the Sims endless times so I updated this thread endless times too
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Waste of money?

I think TS4 won't be waste of money if:
a) you need to promote your youtube channel
b) you see that missing reflections in water, nail textures on sims' clothes and lack of alpha channels in models are the best way for devs to express their creativity
c) you are into designing from clay
d) you think being clever is crazy
f) you wear Chewbacca suit
g) you are a part of LGBTQA+

UPD: they say after next Sims 4 update Bella Goth will become non-binary. Because everything is possible in alternate universe. Just kidding

Page 84 of 98