Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Late Night Camera Fix

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 6:06 PM - Updated 9th Jul 2013 at 12:34 PM by HystericalParoxysm

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#26 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:08 PM
Thanks HP, that was driving me insane!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#27 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 3:54 PM
Thanks for this. I've been having trouble trying to get some decent pics, and this will help tremendously. Thanks!!!!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:45 PM
Is it compatible with cmomoney's Live Mode Camera Mod? Thanks.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:53 PM
KuriXarya - Yes, it is. Mine modifies VideoCamera.ini - his modifies an XML file, so they will work fine together. You can't use Aikea Guinea's or any other file that modifies the same one as mine, but this camera fix incorporates similar features as hers (no drift, lower minimum height) plus fixes the height issue (hers doesn't) so this would be a replacement for hers, if you've been using it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 4:59 PM
Thanks. I was allready almost seasick.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:20 PM
Camera mode was the 1st problem I noticed in LN, I can not thank you enough! I can take pictures now! Thank you so much!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:00 PM
Thank you very much for this mod that makes it much easier to navigate the camera and take nice pictures. Awesome!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#33 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:34 PM
Thank you, times ten thousand. That was bugging the living donkey out of me. >_<
Theorist
THANKS POST
#34 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:50 PM
I love you for this! I take lots of pictures when I play and I was getting so annoyed whenever I tried to take half-decent pictures in high-rises! Thanks for sharing your fix
Field Researcher
#35 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 7:03 PM
Quote:
Updated 30/10/2010: In playing with this myself, I've experienced some weirdness with getting stuck when looking straight up. Because of this, I've disabled that feature of this mod and put those values back to default. If you've had this issue, my apologies - please download the new version.

I have not seen the file, and therefore I'm going for a wild guess only.

When working with my camera mod for TS2, I too added a feature so you could see the sky. At first, I did the obvious and changed the maximum angle to exactly 90 degrees. However, I immediately noticed a problem when I was pushing the camera up to exactly 90 degrees, though at 89 there were no problem at all. I ended up setting the max angle to 85 degrees, which is barely apparent while playing, and avoided the issue.

The issue at stake was quite different though (it wasn't getting stuck or anything, it was just a graphical glitch) so this might not help in this case, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case you haven't thought of that yourself.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 7:31 PM
85 degrees is the default, which is what I'm using now.

If I look straight up (with it set to 90 degrees), then -every once in a while-, the camera will get stuck that way, and any attempts to move the camera using the mouse will cause the game to freeze - a regular arrow cursor will appear, and the only option is to end task. I'm going to try increasing it to 87 or 89 but for now, I just set it back to defaults since requiring a force-quit is a pretty big problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:03 PM
Thank you! The camera in highrises was so fast I couldn't even use it properly. You're awesome.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:06 PM
Thank you. Works beautifully!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#39 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 11:27 PM
Just another comment to add, this works so much better than the EA camera, even in non-highrise lots. Because you've slowed it down it's not jumping all over the place as soon as you touch a key, and is so much easier to get more precise angles. So thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:38 PM
Hi, I was curious if this mod refers to fixing the movement of the camera as in just snapping pictures OR to the actual movement of the screen when you're playing your game- as in scrolling to the sides, up and down, "spinning", etc. - Which truly hope this mod is for because I completely hate the movement of the "camera" when scrolling to the sides- it jerks WAY too much making it hard to "center" on things, and when scrolling around I wind up at differnet angles from where I started, scrolling up is SO slow, and so on, etc. LOL. So if that is what this mod does- than OMG Thank you! I'll be checking back for your reply so I know if to download this or not. I might actually be able to enjoy The Sims 3 and not revert back to the Sims 2. I hope... I hope... I hope... P.S. Sorry if I'm violating any rules in anyway.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:50 PM
AlanDPerrine - This has nothing to do with the regular in-game play camera and only changes the behavior of the camera when using the tab key to go into cameraman mode (to take pictures or make videos and so forth).

I never use the edge scroll - I always play my game in a window, so I haven't noticed any weirdness with that. I always right-click to center the camera on that spot.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:28 PM
Hi again, I read your comment and tried the settings how you play and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It's going to take some getting used to, but you're so right- it plays beautifully now! Thank you! Hope this doesn't violate any rules....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 9:07 PM
Thank you SO MUCH! TAB was driving me up the fricking wall! I am a screenshot freakazoid - so this is a lifesaver. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 9:43 PM
Oh my lord! Thank you soo much! I was hoping someone would be able to fix this.
<3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:30 AM
It's actually a common probem to have issues in 3d games with looking DIRECTLY up - a few pixles off is fine, but for somereason computers don't like being directly on the 0 Y axis. they don't know what to do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 11:52 PM
Thank You HP! for making this S3LN camera tweak, It will definitely come in handy when playing. Again THANK YOU!

Yayme123
Scholar
THANKS POST
#47 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:28 AM
Much needed, thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#48 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 8:33 PM
THanks! This should be very useful asI take a lot of game pix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 2:51 PM
Thanks A LOT!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 5:00 PM
Can you edit the camera file number thingy while you're in-game?
Thanks
Page 2 of 4