Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix

by gettp Posted 22nd Mar 2019 at 3:27 PM - Updated 7th Mar 2024 at 4:31 PM by gettp

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:47 PM
I love this, thank you so much! I'm just a little confused though, doesn' that make longer working hours? 'Cause you start 2h later but leave work at 9am instead of 7pm! That's like way longer... I've read that you couldn't keep the working hours in the daytime because of coworkers schedule, but could we change that to like 7pm to 9am maybe? 'Cause i agree that nightime is hard to fit in a "normal" schedule, but it's even harder if she's at work for almost 24h...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
I love this, thank you so much! I'm just a little confused though, doesn' that make longer working hours? 'Cause you start 2h later but leave work at 9am instead of 7pm! That's like way longer... I've read that you couldn't keep the working hours in the daytime because of coworkers schedule, but could we change that to like 7pm to 9am maybe? 'Cause i agree that nightime is hard to fit in a "normal" schedule, but it's even harder if she's at work for almost 24h...

The start time is 12am (midnight), not 12pm (noon). 12am to 9am is 9 hours. Original work schedule was 10am to 7pm, which is also 9 hours.

The schedule you recommended, 7pm to 9am is actually 14 hours. That's a bit too long for my tastes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 12:21 PM
This has helped my game so much, now that I can order co-workers to water plants, or water them myself. Only problem is, I got my sim into the science career to get him a higher chance of getting abducted, which happens something like from 10pm till 4am AFAIK, so can he get abducted at work? Thanks so much! . Maybe I'll have to get his partner abducted instead! at least there's a high chance with someone in the career!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lostie2
This has helped my game so much, now that I can order co-workers to water plants, or water them myself. Only problem is, I got my sim into the science career to get him a higher chance of getting abducted, which happens something like from 10pm till 4am AFAIK, so can he get abducted at work? Thanks so much! . Maybe I'll have to get his partner abducted instead! at least there's a high chance with someone in the career!

Well, I know they can still be abducted, My sims get abducted almost all the time after using the satellite dish. Never paid attention to when it happened. Maybe it was on a weekend.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp
Well, I know they can still be abducted, My sims get abducted almost all the time after using the satellite dish. Never paid attention to when it happened. Maybe it was on a weekend.

Thank so much. My scientist did get abducted, I saved the abduction and on the 3rd try of the save he was pregnant! Now there's an alien and hybrid in my world. Also, the thing I did was cheat a plant to arrid then water the plant on the daytime shift. That won't work without MCCC, of course, but it's a workaround for anyone stuck on the dayshift if they don't have that mod. I'm actually thinking that I could also use this mod, as my sim fell in love with a co-worker and maybe he can do the graveyard shift and she can work in the day??? Yet to try, but always trying to find out the boundaries! Thank so much for this! Love, Gednaaahhh xxx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Mar 2023 at 11:31 PM
Version 1.13 - Updated mod for Sims 4 patch 1.96.365
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 9:09 PM
Thanks for updating your mod. It's one of my favorites. <3
Page 2 of 2