Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teenagers may adopt babies, toddlers & children - BV compliant

by CtfG Posted 5th Oct 2006 at 2:19 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 10:42 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

139 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 130 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 3:15 AM
Teenagers may adopt babies, toddlers & children
I love this hack, but it won't work for me, I think it's because I have The Sims 2 Pets installed! When you go to service on the phone it doesn't show the adoption on the phone list!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by browneye_angelwings
I love this hack, but it won't work for me, I think it's because I have The Sims 2 Pets installed! When you go to service on the phone it doesn't show the adoption on the phone list!

I will get Pets in the next few days. Other expenses had priority during October, but Pets is on the very top of my list of things to buy

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:07 PM
Pets version is finished, running and uploaded here. Luckily, only the group was changed, but nothing in the program logic. Though SimPE for Pets isn't finished yet, I decided to take the risk, and the modifications worked. Now your teenagers out there in SimLand can not only adopt pets, but again babies, toddlers and children .

Have fun!
CtfG

Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 3:59 PM
Great stuff, butttttttttttttt why can´t my teensims get pregnant anymore?

They used to.. but I lost the hack and can't find it anywhere!!

HELP!?!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Paolo123
Great stuff, butttttttttttttt why can´t my teensims get pregnant anymore?

They used to.. but I lost the hack and can't find it anywhere!!

HELP!?!

Don't panic!

Teens get pregnant with the hack InTeenimater which was disabled with every new EP. The author of InTeen is already at work to adjust the hack to Pets. Check http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi...mater/index.php frequently to see if the new version is available.

CtfG

Instructor
#56 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Proxian_girl : 7th Nov 2006 at 11:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by taylorlambert
I have no E.Ps and i have a problem. When i installed this i tried it out.but the only option my sims had on the phone was,"call:a sim" so now i cant hire a maid or even through a party!![PANICS]

And when you actually CHOOSE "Call a Sim", the action vanishes before your sim does it?

I have it, too, so I pulled almost all my other hacks out. I think InSIMenator is the guilty party for the conflict! Which sucks because my sims LIVE off of InSIM. *sigh*

Either that or it's CtfG's usual frustration with base-game. But I doubt it because this isn't an item...

EDIT: Tested it with no InSIM--

CtfG, you have some re-tooling to do. (aren't you just starting to hate me now?)

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 8:50 AM Last edited by CtfG : 8th Nov 2006 at 9:42 AM.
Proxian_girl,

Pets doesn't work with InSim 2.3 or 2.4. As stated in the description, this hack will conflict with any other hack that modifies the BHAV "Service - Adoption - TEST" (Group 0x7FF65712). There is a high chance that every hack that uses group 0x7FF65712 will conflict. This group handles the pie menus for phones.

For the base game, DO NOT use the Pets version of my hack. Please use the standard version. But I'll also examine the mod in regards to the base game again.

CtfG
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edit:
Bug found and fixed. Again there were some remainings from an EP in the package file which prevented some internal checks on the calling sim. Proxian_girl / taylorlambert, may I ask you to test the base version and post the result? Or anyone else who plays just the base game, since I have all EP's installed.

Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 9:15 PM
sorry to say, but im having a problem...do u NEED ALL 3 EPs installed (UNI, NL, & OFB)????? Cause i dont have all 3 installed...i only have the original (Sims 2) and University..... :-( and i put the hack, and it doesn't work..so i was wondering if u could help me pllllllleeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeee
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chibella87
sorry to say, but im having a problem...do u NEED ALL 3 EPs installed (UNI, NL, & OFB)????? Cause i dont have all 3 installed...i only have the original (Sims 2) and University..... :-( and i put the hack, and it doesn't work..so i was wondering if u could help me pllllllleeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeee

Please provide some more details:
- Did you patch the game?
- Which other hacks are installed?

Thanks,
CtfG

Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 3:59 PM Last edited by hally55 : 22nd Dec 2006 at 4:01 PM. Reason: forgot info
i only have the original and university also and it doesn't work for me either. the only other hacks that i have are the triplet and quads hack from moreawesomethanyou.com and the no limit on family size. could that be affecting it?
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 4:12 PM
Awesome. This is cool! Now my teens can adopt cute little kids! Aww.
Test Subject
#62 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 11:33 PM
I downloaded this hack and it made the adoption option dissapear from the phone menu completely - for adults and teens. I deleted the hack and the adoption option came back. I ran the suggested check-for-hack-interation-issues program, but it said everything should be running fine.

I'm running OFB, is that why it's not working? Sorry for the potentionally dumb question, I don't install a lot of hacks, so in that regard I'm kind of a newbie... and no one complained about anything other than Pets so...
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:32 PM
Teen prego hack, where do you get that?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 11:18 AM
Nice, Thanks
Test Subject
#65 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 6:19 PM
This is really cool though I wish there was a special memory for it like saying "adopted so and so when I was a teen I dont know how they allowed me to adopt but im glad they did I cant picture my life without this little one". Just a suggestion. Great work!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:12 AM
My apologies for the long absence; an accident kept me busy otherwise and prevented me from going online.

@hally55 + Andy_Z: Each new Extension Pack adds new options to the phone's pie menu. I created just 2 versions: one for the original game without any EP, one for the latest EP "Open for Business". So, with University, my hack will most probably not work. But while being in hospital, I had lots of time to think (even without having a PC near me), and I'll try do re-program this hack and make it work with every EP. Just give me some time; there are many other things that need my attention after being away from home for such a long time.

@bxprincess1130: Memories and wants are "hard-wired", which means, that they cannot be modified without introducing new icons, new texts, new fulfilled wants and so on. In other words: This is not possible for me right now, sorry.

Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 12:09 AM
No pressure to update the hack, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. Thanks for the responce and hack in general (it's great even if it's not working for me). Hope everything's okay with you.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:36 PM
wow that's a great hack!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:39 PM
Update 2007-03-29
The PETS version works also with SEASONS. No modifications necessary. My teen girl moved out when she still had 15 days in her age group to live, moved into a new house, called her dad and mom, called the adoption service, got a fresh baby the next morning... No problems with any menus disappearing. For the test, I had removed all other hacks except mine, so I can state that this hack works.

As for the reported problems with OfB: I'm going to write separate versions for OfB (and, if necessary, all the other EPs). This shouldn't take too long, so please bear with me.

CtfG

Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 3:02 PM
Hey. This hack is awesome. But there's one glitch with the Sims Seasons... It conflicts. I've tred reloading it but it stll conflicts with the opening Custom Context page. Just a notification and maybe a plea for an update? I know I probably don't need it but it seems cool. Anyway, great idea.

SpdrLgs

Edit - I just noticed your earlier post. Sorry Keep up the good work.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:53 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 3:03 AM
I have inteenimater, so I usually get my teen sims to have kids that way, but thanks a lot for this mod anyway. I like your teens write novels hack too. I can't believe that wasn't in the game.

Isn't that a girl's name?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 7:57 AM
I just uploaded the version for Uni, NL, and OfB.

Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 7:38 AM
Thanks, This is great for the teen that has no partner in crime. ))
Test Subject
#75 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 7:15 PM
cool hack tennagers can get pregnant? were can i download that?
Page 3 of 6