Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#351 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 2:02 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 17th Feb 2013 at 2:16 PM.
In my latest mini-BACC 'hood, the founder was a Rohelinist. Rohelinism is a sim religion that I created. The main belief in the religion centres around the idea that the world is watched over by four alien godlike characters, known as "The Four", who not only watch over all sims on earth but also "bless" some (male) sims by abducting them and impregnating them with one or more green-skinned babies. Family and reproduction is an important part of their beliefs - sims are encouraged to produce as many children as they can and the number of children that they have, their children's genders and the skin colour of their children, determines their place in the social hierarchy.

Sims usually don't marry until their fertility has been determined. This is done at the age of 27 for sims who don't attend university, as this is when they finish military service, or at the age of 29 for sims who do attend university, as this is when they graduate and return to the main 'hood. Sims may marry younger than this if they've already had one or more children together, or if each member of the couple has had a child with someone else. Sims are discouraged from marrying completely infertile sims, as they will not produce biological children. Adoption is allowed, though, so infertile sims and same-sex couples do often choose to adopt.

Male sims are expected to stargaze with a telescope at least once a night for their entire adult life, and being chosen for abduction is considered a great honour and the resulting green-skinned baby or babies a blessing. Knowledge sims are considered more worthy of abduction and are allowed to summon aliens once. If that abduction produces natural twins they may summon aliens as many times as they wish and have as many abduction babies as they want.

The marriage ceremony has several traditional elements, which I will discuss alongside the accompanying pictures. The pictures are taken by the witness to the ceremony, who is usually a relative or close friend of the partner from the higher social group (usually the man, unless the female is green-skinned and the male isn't). Other sims may be present at the ceremony, and the couple may or may not choose to throw a wedding party but there must be a witness present and there are 5 photographs that must be taken in order for the wedding to be binding in the eyes of The Four and the law.

The ceremony always takes place after dark (as this is when abductions usually happen and hence when The Four are considered to be most active) and it is always held outdoors, so that The Four can watch from above. The ceremony usually takes place under a tree which has a model spaceship hung from the branches. Each couple buys a new model spaceship for the ceremony and afterwards it is hung in their living room until both partners are deceased (or until one is deceased and the surviving partner remarries, or until the couple divorces). There is also an alien mask which must be hung nearby to "watch" the ceremony - this is the same mask that each male sim of reproductive age must have on their bedroom wall, so the male partner's mask is used. There is no traditional outfit for either partner; sims just wear their usual formalwear. Some wealthier sims may choose to buy a special dress for the occasion, and if they do so they will usually opt for a green, yellow or blue dress as these are the most prized colours, especially green. Some fertile sims who do not yet have children may wear white, which symbolises their reproductive potential.

First of all comes the ceremony. The partner from the higher social group always proposes marriage. It is a traditional ceremony, with an exchange of rings followed by a hand holding. The first compulsory photograph is a shot of the partner from the higher social group placing the ring on the finger of the other partner. This symbolises their respective positions in the marriage. Next comes a shot of the two sims with their hands together. This symbolises the (hopefully) lifelong bond between the two partners.

Next comes the first kiss. This is the next compulsory shot. The shot is always taken from directly above the couple (or as directly above as possible). This symbolises the view that The Four would have of the ceremony, as they watch from above from their spaceships. This shot takes the place of a marriage certificate - after the wedding the couple orders a copy of this shot which is then displayed in their living room or entrance hall where all of their visitors will see it. The shot can be a close up or it can be taken from further away and show both sims in their entirety.

After this comes the first dance. The dance symbolises the relationship between the couple and shows how they will spend the rest of their lives working together for their own good and for the good of their future family. This is the fourth compulsory shot, and as well as the dancing couple it must also include the spaceship and the alien mask that were used for the ceremony.

The final shot is a photo of the couple stargazing together. This shot, like the kiss shot, is taken from above, to mimic the view that The Four will have of the couple. Couples may stargaze for a few minutes or for several hours or anything inbetween - it's up to them, as long as at least one photo is taken. Seeing a shooting star is considered to be a sign of very good luck for the marriage.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#352 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 12:23 AM
lauratje86
I can't say that storyline is for me, but I LOVE that you found a complex story that works for you!
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 9:33 PM
lauratje86
Love the way you play your BACC, I've only played a BACC once and right after I started I lost all my hoods. I don't suppose you have an outline of your guidelines, I'd love to try it myself. PM me if you do and you don't mind sharing. (P.S. out of curiosity how do you determine the age of your sims?)

Kylee Larfer and Johnathan Stratus on their wedding day after they decide to run away together with their sisters not long after discovering the true nature of their fathers. Not too long after Kylee gave birth to their twins who are currently residing in the Snoodville Early Boarding School.

Frankly my dear I'd rather be playing sims :P
Scholar
#354 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 5:01 PM

Cassandra Goth was really hoping the new Jacoban priest wouldn't be some old codger who took her wanting a hasty, private wedding to mean she was pregnant. What she wasn't expecting was for him to be younger than her and look rather...otherworldly? Not what she needed after the strange phone call from someone claiming to be her long-lost mother, telling her not to marry Don...

Mortimer giving Cassandra away, looking not-very-happy. Neither this picture or the one below are posed -- Mortimer was tired and strolled up to the wedding arch to grouch about it as Cassandra and Don got married. It looked perfect!

He looks even grumpier in this one. Oh, and yes, this isn't a white-dress, big-party wedding. Cassandra insisted on waiting until she was married for her first WooHoo, and Don didn't want to wait, and she wanted a baby, and...well, that phone call was the last straw. Of course she could have stopped into a shop Downtown and quickly got a white dress, but the Goths do not wear off-the-rack wedding dresses. Besides, she's still in mourning for her legally dead mother, so purple is the brightest she should do.

Alexander feels this is not the way weddings should be...
Mad Poster
#355 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 5:30 PM

He's pulled out the stops - arch, cake, fancy clothes, their closest friends and family - and Skylar is, well, Skylar. "I will always take care of you," Derek promises; an odd thing, perhaps, for the one with no job to say to the one with the very good one.
"I know you will," says Skylar; who knows why he said it. Derek has always been good to him, much better than Georgette ever was.

"You know, I could've sworn Sky was straight," Derek's half-sister Beverly remarks to Orlando and Amy, with whom he's been crashing. "Don't you get that vibe off him?"
"He'd hardly have married Derek if he were," Amy protests.
"Maybe. I dunno. If he ever hurts Derek, I'll hurt him worse! See if I don't!"
"I'm sure he won't. Don't worry!"

The thing is, Skylar doesn't do things for himself anymore. And Derek, as we see, is very good with children.

"Derek -"
"You're exhausted, aren't you?"
"Yeah, I'm afraid so."
"S'all right. I'm pretty beat myself. And we got the rest of our lives."
"I love you," says Skylar, in a small voice.

Derek originally dated Skylar just to stick it to Georgette. He's a 50-1st-Dates guy and it should have been a one-off. But then he started rolling engagement wants for him all the time, and Sky caught Georgette with his housemate, and got abducted; and Amy and Orlando have plenty of room, but once Estella was born they started acting like they had more right to her than he did. So when Derek proposed Sky couldn't think of a logical reason to say no. Except, you know, that he's not gay.

Hell, if I were a single parent and Derek had offered to rescue me? I'd have said yes, too. But I almost cried at this wedding, because it could go so terribly wrong so easily, and Derek deserves better. Fortunately sexual preference can be trained in sims, unlike in real life, so it could work, long-term.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#356 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 6:13 AM
Pictures from Lyric Swain (daughter of Melody Tinker Swain and Erik Swain) and Malcolm Landgrabb V's wedding!

They're so happy:

Malcolm IV is especially happy, it means Malcolm V might finally have an heir to carry on the Malcolm name (the happy couple in the background about to eat cake):

Lyric gets to know her new father-in-law:

Her mother Melody is at the table, and sitting next to Malcolm IV is Joel Phoenix, Malcolm V's brother in law.

Malcolm V comes to the table now, and gets to know his mother in law, Melody:

Standing is Dennis Phoenix, Joel's son and Malcolm V's nephew.

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Instructor
#357 Old 14th May 2013 at 7:44 PM
My generation 4 Attention Family Legacy heir Jeremy during his wedding to his childhood sweetheart Ericka.

And his cousin Adrina (Leong) just married her boyfriend of several years, Zack Nott.

"Somtimes the stars align." ~Dean Lowry, ABC's Pan Am. ♥ ⚓ ♥
Test Subject
#358 Old 15th May 2013 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by novemberlove_SC
Beautiful pictures, everyone!

A few pics from Liza's wedding:

And the ISBI Challenge begins...

OMG! What a gorgeous bride!

um...Yeah...Yay sims 2 xD
Check out my Blog
Field Researcher
#359 Old 19th May 2013 at 3:05 AM Last edited by ohgreatone22 : 19th May 2013 at 6:07 AM.
Griffin Ruben and Erin Starchild got married:

(yes they got married in the rain, lol)

The guests were very happy for them:

Griffin's father Joseph is in the first seat, in the first row, Erin's brother Chad is right behind him:

Let's have cake!

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Scholar
#360 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 6:44 AM

Nervous was very glad Erin Beaker -- Loki's sister! -- was a justice of the peace and willing to officiate at his wedding to Pascal Curious.

"You ready, Nervous?"
"I don't know what ready means, but I want to do this. Erin?"
Voice from off-camera: "Just let me get my papers in order..."

Loki did not approve of the wedding. Though unable to stop it, he attacked the new Pascal Subject as soon as the vows were said. Nervous stood there, grinning foolishly, not sure what to do. He couldn't do anything to Loki, after all...not with the power Loki had over him.

Luckily, Erin provided a distraction. The happy couple went downstairs to make hot dogs while the Beaker siblings hurled invective at each other.
"Haven't you ever learned not to pick fights at weddings?"
"Oh, going to arrest me, Miss Law-and-order?"
"If I had proof of what I suspect you've done to Nervous, I would!"
"Yeah, I expected that of you. Cop first, sister last, scientific explorer not at all."
"What about what you said to Pascal just then? That wasn't very scientific, you...bigot!"
"And what about that dress you're wearing? Are you trying to get into a threesome with them, you..trollop?"
Yeah, they were the most interesting people at the party.
Instructor
#361 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 5:08 PM
Lucy Langley and Elise Brown

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Field Researcher
#362 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:03 PM
Radek Wintowicz + Ariadna Czajkowska

Scholar
#363 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 7:25 PM

They were finally getting married, now that they were both in college. The guests were still heading into the church at this point...

You can tell what PT #9 wants out of this. Isn't Ophelia so pretty?

And just as pretty in close-up too.

And...the infamous gaff made by Stella Terrano. Admittedly, the altar in this church is a counter, but it's not meant for plopping champagne bottles on.
Test Subject
#364 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 12:51 AM
Default My blog - has pics of the Wedding of the Century
About halfway down, the story starts for my Sim daughter's wedding. She's based on my real-life spawn and there's quite a few famous guests in attendance.

http://machinimagelshots.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#365 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 6:51 PM Last edited by Freefalldreams : 25th Jun 2013 at 7:23 PM.
I hate to take advantage of someone posting inappropriately, but I do have some wedding pictures from a rather fateful wedding...

"So smile the heavens upon this holy act, that after hours with sorrow chide us not!" It was a whispered prayer that Father Laurence Stratford uttered as he went to hang up his coat and hat.

Their only love sprung from their only hate...but that dosn't stop them from enjoying the kiss.

"The sweetest honey is loathsome in his own deliciousness, and in the taste confounds the appetite. Therefore love moderately; long love does so. Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow." Laurence attempted to use the solemn words to hide his smile as he turned away from the kissing newly-weds.

"I hope that this alliance may prove so happy as to turn your households' rancour to pure love. However...I doubt it. It's a tough world out there, kids. Be careful."

(The lighting's not too bad, is it? I'm getting used to Radience, I think -- this was taken in daytime, in an interior room with only filtered daylight getting in, with me manually changing which lights were on for different pictures. I think I prefer the effect of only the candles drawing attention to the happy couple...)
Lab Assistant
#366 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 7:14 PM
good luk
Test Subject
#367 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadeleineArneau
About halfway down, the story starts for my Sim daughter's wedding. She's based on my real-life spawn and there's quite a few famous guests in attendance.

http://machinimagelshots.tumblr.com/

Jesus with the jealousy.
Scholar
#368 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadeleineArneau
Jesus with the jealousy.

Ok, first off, apologies to everyone else for posting without pictures to deal with this; not my normal thing, but I think MadelineArneau deserves an explanation of why she (and sorry if you're not a she, I'm just guessing from your name!) got a whole bunch of dislikes and a snarky comment from me.

Ok, here's the explanation, MadelineArneau: I'm almost sure the people who disliked your post aren't jealous of your Sims, their wedding, your daughter, your site, or anything else about your post. The reason they hit dislike, and the reason I made a remark about "posting inappropriately" is that standard practice in the picture threads is to post four pictures in the thread itself, then, if you must have more than four, linking to the rest -- I think it's preferred if they're attached so people get previews, but don't take my word on that. Making a post with no images and just an off-site link tends to annoy people, and means your pictures probably won't get looked at very much -- sad to say, there's been a few incidents with malicious or extremely inappropriate links being posted, and some people won't follow any off-site links unless they're to sites they know and trust (GOS and MATY, for example) or those with standards and content warnings (LiveJournal, for example). I know you didn't intend it to look that way, but your link could have gone straight to a malware-filled shock site!

Now, I did look at your pictures (I use Firefox with a lot of security add-ons, and my Norton subscription just got renewed, so I was only risking soul-searing images and maybe a migraine if there was a seizure trigger on the other end -- yes, such things have happened), and there are multiple reasons even those who looked would hit disagree. One is that there are so many pictures there, and the first ones you see are not only not wedding-related, they're TS3. To get to the wedding ones, one has to scroll past many TS3 and non-wedding-related TS2 pictures, and some of those images have captions that are at least mildly offensive; by that I mean that I found them mildly offensive, and I'm not a member of any of the groups being referred to in them. The pictures themselves are nice enough, but I think by the time anyone got to them, they'd be pretty annoyed at you.

I hope this helped you understand the reason you got four dislikes and no other reactions. Again, I'm sorry for posting it on the open forum; I considered PMing it to you, but I decided it would be more helpful if other people, who might otherwise make the same mistake as you, read it too. After all, we certainly don't want to discourage people from posting their lovely pictures, and everyone has to learn from somewhere, right? Remember, unlike MATY, we don't eat the newbies! (Seriously, I download from there, but won't post. Pescado is brilliant but scary.)
Test Subject
#369 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
Ok, first off, apologies to everyone else for posting without pictures to deal with this; not my normal thing, but I think MadelineArneau deserves an explanation of why she (and sorry if you're not a she, I'm just guessing from your name!) got a whole bunch of dislikes and a snarky comment from me.

Ok, here's the explanation, MadelineArneau: I'm almost sure the people who disliked your post aren't jealous of your Sims, their wedding, your daughter, your site, or anything else about your post. The reason they hit dislike, and the reason I made a remark about "posting inappropriately" is that standard practice in the picture threads is to post four pictures in the thread itself, then, if you must have more than four, linking to the rest -- I think it's preferred if they're attached so people get previews, but don't take my word on that. Making a post with no images and just an off-site link tends to annoy people, and means your pictures probably won't get looked at very much -- sad to say, there's been a few incidents with malicious or extremely inappropriate links being posted, and some people won't follow any off-site links unless they're to sites they know and trust (GOS and MATY, for example) or those with standards and content warnings (LiveJournal, for example). I know you didn't intend it to look that way, but your link could have gone straight to a malware-filled shock site!

Now, I did look at your pictures (I use Firefox with a lot of security add-ons, and my Norton subscription just got renewed, so I was only risking soul-searing images and maybe a migraine if there was a seizure trigger on the other end -- yes, such things have happened), and there are multiple reasons even those who looked would hit disagree. One is that there are so many pictures there, and the first ones you see are not only not wedding-related, they're TS3. To get to the wedding ones, one has to scroll past many TS3 and non-wedding-related TS2 pictures, and some of those images have captions that are at least mildly offensive; by that I mean that I found them mildly offensive, and I'm not a member of any of the groups being referred to in them. The pictures themselves are nice enough, but I think by the time anyone got to them, they'd be pretty annoyed at you.

I hope this helped you understand the reason you got four dislikes and no other reactions. Again, I'm sorry for posting it on the open forum; I considered PMing it to you, but I decided it would be more helpful if other people, who might otherwise make the same mistake as you, read it too. After all, we certainly don't want to discourage people from posting their lovely pictures, and everyone has to learn from somewhere, right? Remember, unlike MATY, we don't eat the newbies! (Seriously, I download from there, but won't post. Pescado is brilliant but scary.)

I'm not a newbie and I am exactly like Pescado - been in the programming world for some time. Not that this matters much because I put you on my "ignore" list for:

a) generally boring explanation as to your jealousy
b) you mentioned my daughter and son, particularly, so it does smack of personal attack because you could've said, uh, nothing
c) if you want to point out the 4 pic with link stardard posting behavior, then you should've just said that
d) because I don't spend my life on this or any other forum yacking it up to the tune of hundreds or thousands of unnecessary comments

So, you probably won't see this because I did ignore you. Ignore me, I suggest it as an option. But, of course, I can't "really" ignore you after that lovely Midwest explanation. Yahoo, brutha.

P.S. I have had a frak-load of views, BTW. My daughter and son are both famous in the gaming world and, for the record, so am I. Actually had fans walk up to me in person. So there.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#370 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 4:03 PM
Staff Note

No one was attacking you or your family, MadeleineArneau. There's no need to be rude. As Freefalldreams has already pointed out, this thread is really just for sharing wedding pictures, not for advertising simblrs. If you would like to advertise your simblr around the site, please feel free to post a link to it in your signature.

This thread has gotten pretty derailed, so I'm going to ask that everyone please drop this discussion and get back to sharing pictures.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Mad Poster
#371 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 4:50 PM
All right, let's get some pics on this thread!

The wedding of Julien Cooke and Trisha Traveller takes place at last, in their new home. Julien is braced for disaster, but even though Trisha's ex-husband, who has been behaving erratically, wanders in, he just stands and stares out the window during the ceremony, as if unsure where he is, or how he got here.

Julien is a bit frightened when he sees little Patrick crawl up to Trent to see if he's friendly and hurries over as inconspicuously as he can. What if Trent kidnaps him, or kicks him, or - "Oh," says Trent. "Right. You're the Thing that Shouldn't Exist. We were fine till you spawned." No, Trent, you weren't.

The other guests make stabs at interacting with Trent, but his responses are completely non-sequiter and they withdraw. He starts lecturing a soccer ball (no one knows where it came from), and Trisha goes upstairs to catch Tina coming out of the bathroom. Tina's the only one who knows how to talk to him without hurting or confusing him worse.

"Play with me, Daddy. I don't know most of these people."
"What? Oh, sure, honey! We'll go home and do your mock SAT's in a little bit, OK?"
"Sure."
Trisha feels awful, though not awful enough to ditch her entire life's happiness and her own well-being. She tried to make it work with Trent long after she saw he was never going to come out of the little world in his head far enough to see the real one plainly. She did not do this to him. Tina understands that, doesn't she?

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#372 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 7:26 PM

After a series of bad decisions in the romance department, Kaylynn Langeraak finally found someone who is willing to make a commitment in Antonio Monty.

Guests and wedding crashers alike (here's looking at you Marcel Jocque, (the guy who looks like Santa), toast to the happy couple.

And then I was reminded why I almost never use the champagne.
Mad Poster
#373 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:42 AM

The wedding party of General Buzz Grunt to Kristen Loste is off to a flying start! Major Peter Ottomas does his duty with his wife Samantha, Ripp tells Tank a dirty joke, Buck makes friends with Ripp and Tank's housemate, Zoe Zimmerman, and Erin Beaker waits for Crystal Curious.

Tank and his boyfriend David Ottomas sit down to eat the refreshments with the happy couple, discussing the Secret War.

And the highlight of the evening - Buzz has a pleasant conversation with his middle child! Will wonders never cease?

Scholar
#374 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:22 PM
Can I post again without a scene? Here, look, pretty pictures!

Isabella Monty knew it was in honour of her status as a valued customer that Florence Delarosa asked her to give her away, but that didn't mean she thought much of the wedding. It was the trashiest she'd ever seen, and the guests were just as bad.

Stephen Tinker made no bones that he was just there for the cake! (And don't you love the contrast in noses right there?)

One of Gilbert's townie flings had gatecrashed, and before the party was over, she and Gilbert were naked on the couch together. Gilbert worried that his new wife wouldn't approve, but hey, it had been a whirlwind romance. He hadn't had time to enjoy being a bachelor!

Luckily, Florence was distracted by Wanda Tinker's toast: "To love and business! May you do well in both, Florence!"
Yeah, you wish...
Mad Poster
#375 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 10:38 PM
Of course you can post again!

Skye Weiss tucks his granddaughter Laika in so she won't be underfoot during his wedding to Dora Ottomas. He's a bit nervous - okay, a lot nervous - because he's not only never been married before, he's still a virgin. And Dora, um, isn't. And, um, let's just get on with it, shall we?

Skye's daughter Penny, to whose expectation that they would have a wedding party Skye has bowed, greets the guests. "Mary! You look beautiful!"
"Thanks. Do you need help with your dress?"
"Oh, I don't think so. I better go get into it, huh?"
Dora's son Peter is feeling a bit awkward, but her grandson David is already having a fine time.

"I feel like somebody's watching."
"It's just Peter. Would you like to talk to him?"
"Uh-blah-blah do I have to?"
"Sometime. But not necessarily right now."

"So you're really going to do it? Get married on Saturday? Not going to wait for me to grow up?"
"I think I've waited for enough things, don't you? And Dixie's engaged, too, but don't worry, Woody - the right girl for you is out there."
He wants to yell that the right girl for him is right in front of him and hurl himself into her cleavage, but he retains enough self-control to resist.

Page 15 of 23