Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#28426 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If there is only one pet to be adopted, you probably have some no respawn hack that is preventing more from being generated.

That's true; I hate that generated pets are ugly and bad. I often make a bunch, move them to a family and then "give them up for adoption". I would make them strays, but I have never been able to adopt a stray..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Scholar
#28427 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 3:51 AM
Which Sims absolutely must not be bitten by a vampire? Is it just the Gypsy and Mrs Crumplebottom, or are there others? I know there's a mod, but I like my vampires bitey, so I need to make sure Those Who Must Not Be Bitten are banned from Downtown lots.
Mad Poster
#28428 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Which Sims absolutely must not be bitten by a vampire? Is it just the Gypsy and Mrs Crumplebottom, or are there others? I know there's a mod, but I like my vampires bitey, so I need to make sure Those Who Must Not Be Bitten are banned from Downtown lots.

Doesn't Pescado's Creature Fixes provide all the protection that's needed?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#28429 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 8:47 AM
The Gypsy is safe to be bitten. The rule of thumb is that every NPC that has a human name (except for Rod Humble) can be bitten, moved in, interacted with, etc. But you shouldn't allow biting of Human Statue, Break Dancer, Fire Dancer, Grim Reaper, Therapist, etc. The full list is here.
Scholar
#28430 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 3:24 PM
@AndrewGloria The problem with Creature Fixes is that it prevents ALL random biting, not just biting of the unsafe - and to me, a vampire who doesn't bite unless asked just isn't a proper vampire!

Thanks, @topp I'll make sure those are all banned.
Mad Poster
#28431 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 4:28 PM
Creaturefixes definitely doesn't prevent all random biting. It only prevents biting of untouchable NPCs.
Top Secret Researcher
#28432 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 5:53 PM
I was looking up information on trans sims, because I know some people have had trans sims, and I was wondering if to make the game treat a sim as the other sex it was really as simple as changing this from female to male or male to female? Is it that simple or is there more to it?
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28433 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 6:03 PM
Yes, although you can do the same in the RCC. But it's not really ideal for trans sims. It causes them to be treated as the opposite gender for the purposes of bathroom doors, voices, sexual orientation, and reproductive abilities.
Top Secret Researcher
#28434 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 6:08 PM
Yes, although you can do the same in the RCC. But it's not really ideal for trans sims. It causes them to be treated as the opposite gender for the purposes of bathroom doors, voices, sexual orientation, and reproductive abilities.

what is RCC?

And would clothes be an issue?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28435 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 6:11 PM
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...s-documentation

Depends on what clothes you have and what gender you want them to be.
Scholar
#28436 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 10:37 PM
Creaturefixes definitely doesn't prevent all random biting. It only prevents biting of untouchable NPCs.

Weird. I just checked Pescado's description and that is indeed what it says - yet I had Creaturefixes in for a couple of years and nobody ever got bitten except by request. Took it out and the vampires are biting again. I suppose I could try putting it back in now I know I have an enthusiastic vampire and see what happens.
Mad Poster
#28437 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 10:59 PM
I thought maybe Pescado was not clear, but It clearly says "Eliminates random biting of NPCs." I've had several townies bitten while creaturefixes was installed. I've also looked at the code and that's literally what it does.
Mad Poster
#28438 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 11:00 PM
Mod order issue maybe?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28439 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I had Creaturefixes in for a couple of years and nobody ever got bitten except by request. Took it out and the vampires are biting again.

Same thing for me, vampires don't autonomously bite at all with Creaturefixes in my Downloads.
Forum Resident
#28440 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 3:44 PM
Is there any way to disable the romantic social rejections in ACR? My game without ACR has zero chance of rejecting romantic socials which makes it my perfect neighborhood. But when I added ACR and waited a few sim days, that's where the nightmare rejections began and turned my sims lives upside down and created real havoc. It's frustrating and sad to see all the hard work of building relationships go down the drain and every couple making enemies with each other.
Scholar
#28441 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 3:59 PM
I thought maybe Pescado was not clear, but It clearly says "Eliminates random biting of NPCs." I've had several townies bitten while creaturefixes was installed. I've also looked at the code and that's literally what it does.

I don't understand why you are being so aggressive about this. I agreed with you that that is indeed what Pescado's description clearly states; I even said I might give it another try now I know I have a vampire who bites. However, I do not like being bullied, and if there is a discrepancy between what should happen and what actually happens in my game, then I'm going to base decisions on what mods I have in my game on their effects in my game. Why you should feel the need to keep yelling at me as if I'm stupid is beyond me, but never mind. I'm out of here.
Link Ninja
#28442 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 5:35 PM
What the what? I didn't read anything Kestrellyn said as bullying, yelling, or aggressive but also tone is really hard to pick up in text form. People project and perceive tones onto text that may not have even been intended. I've seen it happen so many times and even happened to myself, because I type out in caps when I'm really excited (capslocks passion) but then people think I'm angry at them. So now I just read everyone's replies in a robot voice in my head.

Random question but is there any way to change multiple sims' clothing that aren't in the same household. My go to I usually teleport them in via simblender and use Gussy up mod, send them on their way however it doesn't work on single household sims (even single sims with pets!) - I was trying to get a series of my bachelor sims into some new suits but ended up having to enter each of their households, one by one to gussy them up into the new suits.

Is there an easier way to do it or is that just the limitations of the game?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#28443 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 5:44 PM
I usually use the SimBlender to teleport a sim to the lot and then I use Pescado's Clothing Tool to change their outfits.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Link Ninja
#28444 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I usually use the SimBlender to teleport a sim to the lot and then I use Pescado's Clothing Tool to change their outfits.

Thanks for the tip! So, Pescado's Clothing tool will work on sims from single households?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#28445 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Thanks for the tip! So, Pescado's Clothing tool will work on sims from single households?

I'm sure I've used it on single households, since some University sims don't age up in the most standard outfits so I use it then I rely on it a lot and I've had no issues yet!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#28446 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 10:38 PM
which sim is closer the teen or adult
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28447 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 11:50 PM
Oh @Mischief Managed : I'm glad to see you back working on the Romanovs. I was beginning to worry that something had gone wrong. (Maybe the Cheka had got to them before you could save them. Sadly that is just what happened in real life.)

Unfortunately I really don't know how to answer you question. Maria is 19, and by that age many people are starting to look more like adults than like teens. In my game though I think I'd rather have her as a teen. They're coming to live in Veronaville, and our Veronaville is a great place for teens to live. As Grand Duchesses the Romanov girls are the equals of Juliette Capp in rank, and I think Juliette would like to meet a couple of Grand Duchesses who are close to her in age. But of course as usual I'm busy thinking about how they might fit in in my game, and not giving enough thought to how other downloaders might play them.

Any word when the Romanovs might be available for download?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#28448 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 11:53 PM
I don't have a vested interest, but I do think the teen version is slightly closer to the photograph, and she is quite a lovely Sim, too.
Forum Resident
#28449 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 12:27 AM
Thank you and update
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I don't have a vested interest, but I do think the teen version is slightly closer to the photograph, and she is quite a lovely Sim, too.

@sturlington thank you

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Oh @Mischief Managed : I'm glad to see you back working on the Romanovs. I was beginning to worry that something had gone wrong. (Maybe the Cheka had got to them before you could save them. Sadly that is just what happened in real life.)

Unfortunately I really don't know how to answer you question. Maria is 19, and by that age many people are starting to look more like adults than like teens. In my game though I think I'd rather have her as a teen. They're coming to live in Veronaville, and our Veronaville is a great place for teens to live. As Grand Duchesses the Romanov girls are the equals of Juliette Capp in rank, and I think Juliette would like to meet a couple of Grand Duchesses who are close to her in age. But of course as usual I'm busy thinking about how they might fit in in my game, and not giving enough thought to how other downloaders might play them.

Any word when the Romanovs might be available for download?

@AndrewGloria no they are perfectly safe in veronaville (living in Hogwarts of all places) (as is easier to set up pictures) I realized I had to make a few adjustment to maria and than a miracle! I decided to actually play the game lol but also with the organizing pictures is annoying so I procrastinated for a month but also had to get better real life pictures (also ones with hair) and in the past 48hrs just did all the pictures and files

as for when? well you and sturlington just helped me decide I'll go with teen Maria so and since all the pictures are ready I just have to zip the files and upload them and the longest part of that is the CC link especiallly since I use rensim's facekits to make them look real and the upload wizard counts it for each sim so I have to weed out duplicates and that's 5 sims so alot of work but if I don't finish it tonight I'll definite start the upload process tonight and finish tomorrow or Friday at the latest and then it'll be up o to the queue/moderators I will let you know when it's done on my end.
Top Secret Researcher
#28450 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 2:08 AM
The drums, kinda look like they are being played when they are not. Is that just an odd glitch?

My Simblr
He/They
Page 1138 of 1345