2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#28451 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 8:43 PM
Last one is bigger eyes and mouth closer or the smaller
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#28452 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 9:45 PM
Definitely the first! the original photo has big eyes.
Forum Resident
#28453 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 1:15 AM
Anybody use the allmenus cheat when they play? I was wondering how many people actually use it consistently, and if there's any particular upsides/downsides that stand out to you about having it on all the time. Wondering if it's worth giving it a try!

Disabled free will is sad, but I assume the cheat would provide a lot of extra gameplay options. Like the sponge bath or option to pee on the ground, for legacy or BACC challenges.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Mad Poster
#28454 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
which sim is closer the teen or adult

I vote for the adult. Has nothing to do with her being adult, my opinion is because of the eye and eyebrow shape.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#28455 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 3:29 AM
Quick question for y'all: which mod is it that allows a playable sim to visit a neighbor's house? I've googled it, but I've only found really old advice involving tricks and cheats, rather than a specific mod. When you click on your highlighed sim, along with "jump rope" and all that, up comes the option to "Visit Sim" or "Visit Neighbor" or something. Ring any bells with anybody?
Mad Poster
#28456 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 4:02 AM
Found this one, but no idea about the documentation and possible issues (haven't checked if there's a "readme" or anything of the sort)
https://ilovethesims2cc.tumblr.com/...it-sims-modhack
Seems it invites the whole family over, though (https://modthesims.info/t/619340)

Personally I tend to use a teleporter on the active lot for the visiting sims and then make them selectable if need be. That way I can choose which sims visit, and they aren't moved in or are made part of the household in any way, so when you want them to leave again you just make them unselectable and let someone say bye to them, and they'll leave.
Forum Resident
#28457 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 4:56 AM Last edited by HobbesED : 22nd Oct 2021 at 5:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
Quick question for y'all: which mod is it that allows a playable sim to visit a neighbor's house? I've googled it, but I've only found really old advice involving tricks and cheats, rather than a specific mod. When you click on your highlighed sim, along with "jump rope" and all that, up comes the option to "Visit Sim" or "Visit Neighbor" or something. Ring any bells with anybody?

Seems like it might have been a Chris Hatch mod. Maybe? Possibly?

Edit: The one I was thinking of was a Chris Hatch mod. Try this thread .

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Top Secret Researcher
#28458 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 5:03 AM
I accidentally deleted the global urnstone tokens with the bat box. I DO have the no unlink on delete mod. I initially exited the lot without saving, then went back in and redid the lost day and have saved again. From what i've heard I should be ok because of the no unlink on delete mod, right?

Edit: Going to the graveyards I have, I think all the tombstones are there anyway. But I ask just in case.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#28459 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 5:53 AM
@simmer22 and @HobbesED : Yep, that link looks like it alright, and it's by Chris Hatch. So thanks to both of you for that! I'm sort of reorganizing and sort of doing a 50/50 to tidy up and fix dumb problems. Now that I've got half my stuff put back I'm finding things I never knew I had. I wigged out when I saw that come up! Probably a very good thing I'm tidying, eh? lol. Since I got that (way back when) I've also downloaded the SimBlender and the Visitor Controller, so one of those must override it or nudge it out of action or something, because I haven't had that option in quite a while. Again, many thanks!
just a girl
#28460 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Anybody use the allmenus cheat when they play? I was wondering how many people actually use it consistently, and if there's any particular upsides/downsides that stand out to you about having it on all the time. Wondering if it's worth giving it a try!

Disabled free will is sad, but I assume the cheat would provide a lot of extra gameplay options. Like the sponge bath or option to pee on the ground, for legacy or BACC challenges.

I only turn it on when I need to test something, for a minute or so, and then turn it off. I find it confusing and unplayable. With it on, there are too many menus and I can accidentally click on the wrong one. Allmenus bypasses the checks that determine if an action should be available, and sometimes the checks are there for a good reason, especially when it comes to hacks or any interactions that change something about a sim.
Mad Poster
#28461 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 9:16 PM
@Mischief Managed I don't know how I managed to miss Alexei last night!

His eyes? To me they look small in his (RL) photographs, but people who knew him said they were big. Maybe they looked bigger when he was younger. However in the end I agree with Sokisims. The eyes are just a bit too small in the other picture.

I cannot look into his eyes without it bringing tears to my own. Maybe I feel closer to him because I did a little work on him when I thought I might have to make him myself. Maybe just because I was once a boy myself. I'm determined to give him a good life in Veronaville. It's a healthy place to live -- no one has died there since I started playing it in 2012. I'm sure I can give them all a much better life than that brutal murder in Yekaterinburg. They deserve it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#28462 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 4:15 PM
I have lots of custom skins; some are geneticised. I thought if a skin was deleted any sim who had it would revert to a Maxis skin. But I guess I never actually tried it, because when I DID yesterday, the Sim still had the deleted skin. How can that happen?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28463 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
I accidentally deleted the global urnstone tokens with the bat box. I DO have the no unlink on delete mod.

This only affects the 'urnstone in transit' tokens so shouldn't affect any graves that are parked safely on a lot.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg233696
Top Secret Researcher
#28464 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I have lots of custom skins; some are geneticised. I thought if a skin was deleted any sim who had it would revert to a Maxis skin. But I guess I never actually tried it, because when I DID yesterday, the Sim still had the deleted skin. How can that happen?

Have you started time when that sim is on the lot? I change skintones a lot and they don't change if the game is paused or if they're not on the active lot.
Otherwise try removing the cache files. They can cause problems. Once I had big problems in body shop because a necklace wouldn't show up or change to the color I wanted and removing cache files worked.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#28465 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This only affects the 'urnstone in transit' tokens so shouldn't affect any graves that are parked safely on a lot.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg233696

Thank you. From what I gathered looking it up I thought i'd be ok but I wasn't sure. Redoing the day helped Ida Juana Knowe anyway, she got a little more money to graduate with and a slightly better grade lol. So i'm not even mad about that .

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28466 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 7:11 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Oct 2021 at 9:27 PM.

Cache files.

Also, the skin will revert to (I think?) skin #2, but it's technically not a proper genetic change, but more of a cosmetic one, so if you put the skin back into your DL folder, the CC skin should show up on that sim again. Can also be useful to know that CC eyes if removed will disappear, and are replaced with whichever eyes are on the skintone (genetics are still there, so the eyes should in theory appear again if put back, just like skins).

These sims will pass on their broken genetics to their kids, so if you want to play with genetics with any of these sims you should fix them properly with SimPE.

I had some really annoying CC eyes and skins that caused a bit of havoc among some of my testing sims a while back. A batch of babies ended up with "skin eyes" when I removed some geneticized eyes, so that was not much fun... I prefer using defaults and regular non-geneticized CAS CC - much easier to keep track of.
Top Secret Researcher
#28467 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 8:04 PM
Yes it's skin 2.

Alchemist
#28468 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 12:02 AM
I know this must be a really stupid question, but bear with me. What is this? This blank icon has been here for ages and I want to fix it. I thought it had something to do with Numenor recolorable stairs, but I do not have those in Downloads for sure. If I have them at all, they are lost in the game files and I want to remove them, so, if you think it's that... do you know where they might be? But in any case, my stairs are not recolorable and this empty icon is still here. What is this, please, and how do I get rid of it?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28469 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 12:06 AM
@Sunrader Check your [Install Location]\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\ modularstairs.txt script- likely you have something there for which you removed the file from your Downloads folder.
Alchemist
#28470 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Sunrader Check your [Install Location]\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\ modularstairs.txt script- likely you have something there for which you removed the file from your Downloads folder.

The only one I have is HL's EuroStairsOpen. Will remove it either way, but would that do it?

EDIT: OH! I see what you are saying! I deleted a file but still had a script looking for it. FOR YEARS! Sheesh. Thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28471 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
The only one I have is HL's EuroStairsOpen. Will remove it either way, but would that do it?

EDIT: OH! I see what you are saying! I deleted a file but still had a script looking for it. FOR YEARS! Sheesh. Thank you!

Is that what causes invisible non-placable stairs in catalogue?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28472 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 2:27 AM Last edited by grammapat : 24th Oct 2021 at 4:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Have you started time when that sim is on the lot? I change skintones a lot and they don't change if the game is paused or if they're not on the active lot.
Otherwise try removing the cache files. They can cause problems. Once I had big problems in body shop because a necklace wouldn't show up or change to the color I wanted and removing cache files worked.

I delete cache files every time I play. I went to the lot he was on, but don't think I took off pause; will make him active, and am excited to see what happens...
////////
nothing happened. still have the "removed" skin

Top Secret Researcher
#28473 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 12:39 PM
I delete cache files every time I play. I went to the lot he was on, but don't think I took off pause; will make him active, and am excited to see what happens...

Make sure to update

My question:
What is Ray's test object? Accidentally clicked on it. I read somewhere that someone else had a problem with it that it made messages whenever townies were found but I haven't gotten them. There is no visible object on the lot... I just get paranoid when I accidentally click things.

I learned the hard way what "Dump happy log" was.
*Meaning to click force error which is just next to dump happy log*
- Muahaha! You fell into the trap! *CRASH*

Top Secret Researcher
#28474 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I learned the hard way what "Dump happy log" was.
*Meaning to click force error which is just next to dump happy log*
- Muahaha! You fell into the trap! *CRASH*
What does it do ?
Top Secret Researcher
#28475 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
What does it do ?

Crash the game.

Page 1139 of 1345