Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#28526 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Even if there are off-world loiterers, they're a completely normal part of the game and don't cause corruption. Also, if your game quit without saving obviously nothing you did that play session even matters.

Thanks, but it does auto save somehow when they go to a lot. I know that because if they are on another lot and the power goes out while they are there, when I load the game up again they come back home, even though whatever they did on the other lot doesn't matter, but everything pre-going to the lot is saved. I'll have to go in game to see if it saved or not, but my guess is not because I didn't get to the loading screen yet, I was just about to click a lot for them to go to.

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#28527 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:52 AM
Sorry about that, and this. I got back in game (terrified because it's raining on and off, but sometimes the power is fine in a storm and goes out when it's sunny and perfect) and nothing was saved, so I assume i'm alright, because I had heard if the game is saved while a sim is on the phone and there is an off-world loiterer because of it, that it will corrupt the game. I'm not an expert though, it's just what i heard and why I panicked. I'm sorry. It's why I check the bat box for nuke - and see if off-world loiterers come up before I save, and if they do I do not save then. I hadn't played a full day yet and generally I save once a sim day so I hadn't saved anything yet, I was nearing a full sim day ...

Is what I heard about the off-world loiterers wrong?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28528 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 1:00 AM
Yes, the game saves when you go to a community lot, but you have to actually go, it doesn't save while the taxi is arriving. Also, there are no off-world loiterers while you are waiting for the taxi anyway.

The only issue with off-world loiterers is that a) if you get loiterers stuck off-world due to the neighborhood resetting while someone is on the phone you won't be able to contact that sim, which is annoying, but not corruption, and b) you shouldn't move a lot into the bin if there are off-world loiterers stuck on it. If you do get stuck off-world loiterers, you can just delete them with the batbox and it solves both problems. It's very rare for the neighborhood to reset anyway, since there are no new EPs coming out the only way to do that is to install or uninstall some mod that causes a reset, which is something you have complete control over anyway.
Mad Poster
#28529 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 1:03 AM
It's not wrong that it's undesirable, but it is wrong that that causes corruption; and the batbox option fixes it just fine.

The game autosaves on leaving a lot to go to a community lot, and on leaving the community lot to go home. I have found that it's best to save, then go to the community lot. That way, the loading screens don't take as long, and you won't lose significant data if disaster strikes. I always save before leaving an owned community lot, too, on the same principle. If you could save on an unowned community lot I'd save then, too. I've had some pretty crashy times in some of my neighborhoods and it saves a lot of aggravation.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#28530 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 1:27 AM
Thank you both. So I can rest easy (it didn't get to saving anyway because I was just about to click a lot for them to go to). Off-world loiterers can still be annoying then but not corruption. And the bat box is awesome. Thank you both.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28531 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 2:26 AM
So, I have a question - I'm currently frankensteining several multi-PT hacks together, and decided I wanted to replace the skin and eye color of one of the PTs. If I open the character file in SimPE and replace the strings in the AgeData, will that do the trick, or do I have to do something else?
Alchemist
#28532 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 4:31 AM
@Coriel_Muroz, kinda to add to what Peni said, I did want to recommend BoilingOil's Slow Aging Controller (which is an update to Monique's Individual Aging) or Midgethetree's Boiling Oil’s Slow Aging Controller for All Supernaturals, if you have custom supernatural states. With one of these mods, you can stop aging for just one sim, but keep aging on for all other sims in the household.

So, when a teen turns 18, you could pause their aging and then when you move them out to university at the end of your round, they'd be the correct age. If you keep notes, you can even subtract the correct number of days when they age to Adult.

And @Sunrader, maybe check the comments in this LJ post: https://chickadeelee.livejournal.co...=316944#t316944

For search purposes, in it meetme2theriver says:
Quote:
...I did this for the broken premade sims that weren't straight face templates, but had been adjusted/were genetic mixes.
You can do the surgery ingame, but it's much easier to get it right if you extract the sims and do it in Body Shop.
Extract the sim - let's use Max as an example - in SimPE, then open Body Shop (if you have any default replacement face templates, take those out first).
It's much easier to get right if you age him back down to teen in BS before you start. He'll revert to his original looks then, so take note of which features change (his father's) and which stay the same (his mother's). Take a screenshot for reference.
Then, you experiment. Since his father's a straight face template, all of Max's inherited features from him should be straight face #2. For all of the "subsections" of the face, there's templates you can choose from. Face #2 is, obviously, the second template in each selection. Start with his nose and work your way from there. If all goes well, you should be able to replace all of his broken features with face #2 ones and have him look the same as he did before.
When you're done, age him back to YA, save, and then put the fixed version in a temporary neighbourhood ingame. Use SimPE to extract his facial features, and then replace the original's with the fixed features. After a trip to the mirror, he should be fine!

Meetme2theriver also links to the How To Change Genetics After Home Plastic Surgery tutorial. Hope that helps!

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#28533 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 4:50 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 30th Oct 2021 at 5:23 AM.
I'm sure this is a stupid question and it's fine. I put Dixie Land in a home to rent. I realized quickly I forgot to put the bat box, visitor controller, and sim manipulator on the lot. So I moved her out, added the stuff, and moved her back in. And when I moved her in Rod Humble was on the lot and left his computer. Like he was in the process of doing it but he wasn't on the lot when I saved before I moved her out, but I guess he was about to be. I assume that's ok?

Edit: I mean as soon as I put her on the lot again, even before I had her click "rent apartment" he was already there doing that.

My Simblr
He/They
Alchemist
#28534 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 6:58 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 30th Oct 2021 at 7:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
And @Sunrader, maybe check the comments in this LJ post: https://chickadeelee.livejournal.co...=316944#t316944

For search purposes, in it meetme2theriver says:

Meetme2theriver also links to the How To Change Genetics After Home Plastic Surgery tutorial. Hope that helps!

Thank you. I think I did this, but it doesn't seem to work, so I guess somehow I did not. I cloned the broken sim and his clone seems fixed - he ages up and down in BS fine. So it seems I should be able to copy the facial structure from the clone to the premade who is still in his hood template, so I do that, but when the premade goes into the game, he still shows the broken face (face 2 shows up when he ages up or down). Still hoping to figure it out. I will read this again and try again. Any other info is most welcome!
Mad Poster
#28535 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Do you have a multi-Pollination Technician hack? I think I've heard that they have no character data. In which case leave them alone.

No, I do not. I'm playing a medieval game, and do not have any mods for PT or other creatures, excluding witches. (those were big back then..)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#28536 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 2:59 PM
Just because a post doesn't have specific nudity doesn't mean it isn't adult. The picture had wildly inappropriate themes for a PG13 site, and thus, the post has been removed. This wouldn't be allowed in an upload here, and thus is not allowed on the forums.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
#28537 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 9:44 PM
help with descriptions
I am working on the submission of my Romanov sims based off the real life Czar Nicholas Romanov II and his family as mentioned before I struggle with writing. So how in depth do I go with there description? Name birth date title and death or more ?
Field Researcher
#28538 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 10:17 PM
I just had the strangest thing happen in my game. I don't know of a mod I have that is supposed to do it. It's kind of cool, but I'd like to know what's happening.

My Sim was invited on an outing. One of the guests went to the host and suddenly the auto-dining function is happening. He sat, food was ordered. I did nothing.

Any idea why?
Mad Poster
#28539 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 1:43 AM Last edited by FranH : 1st Nov 2021 at 1:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
I am working on the submission of my Romanov sims based off the real life Czar Nicholas Romanov II and his family as mentioned before I struggle with writing. So how in depth do I go with there description? Name birth date title and death or more ?

I would go with their name, title, day of birth, and cause of death-but also a little bit about their personality. For instance, Alexei, (the youngest of the Romanov children) was a hemophiliac, but a mischief maker by nature and a very sensitive boy by way of his illness.

If you've read any books about the Romanovs they're usually pretty biased and slanted toward making them monsters. I prefer to think of them in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Politics aside. they lived a short tragic life. Misunderstood by many, they were people just out of their depths in a rapidly changing world that they had no idea of understanding or adapting to.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#28540 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I would go with their name, title, day of birth, and cause of death-but also a little bit about their personality. For instance, Alexei, (the youngest of the Romanov children) was a hemophiliac, but a mischief maker by nature and a very sensitive boy by way of his illness.

If you've read any books about the Romanovs they're usually pretty biased and slanted toward making them monsters. I prefer to think of them in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Politics aside. they lived a short tragic life. Misunderstood by many, they were people just out of their depths in a rapidly changing world that they had no idea of understanding or adapting to.

I agree with you completely, on all points I just sometimes when I do stuff like this I tend to "Info dump" and go on and add to much so just trying to figure out the right balance also I keep messing up the CC links
Top Secret Researcher
#28541 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 5:51 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 1st Nov 2021 at 6:37 AM.
I imagine this is normal, because sims, but this just made me sad. lol. Is it normal for graduating sims, if they have no one to take the picture with, they act like they do? Making it very awkwardly sad.
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28542 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 7:26 AM
There's only one animation sequence for the graduation picture, and the graduation picture is always taken at the end of a party. If a sufficiently high-relationship friend isn't close enough to get into position, or if the animation glitches out (as I'm sure you've seen backrubs and other interactions glitch), this sometimes means they wind up leaning on the air.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28543 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 11:59 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 1st Nov 2021 at 1:01 PM. Reason: s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
Hi ! I'm so glad to hear that you're on course uploading them. I broadly agree with what you and Fran have said. As I said in your Feedback thread, I think the worst that Nicholas and Alexandra could legitimately be accused of was silliness. I simply cannot believe that they were evil. Unfortunately it was a silliness that probably led to the unnecessary death of many Russian soldiers. But, whatever the parents may have done, Alexei and his sisters had never even had the chance to commit any crimes -- certainly not crimes that might justify a death sentence. I therefore feel justified in calling their deaths murder, not execution.

I hope I'm not being too political. Her Esteemed Grace Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville, does not see her offer of sanctuary in Veronaville to them as political. She sees it as a simple act of mercy.

In addition to brief biographical details, you might include links to their Wikipedia pages in your description:

Nicholas
Alexandra
Olga
Tatiana
Maria
Anastasia
Alexei

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#28544 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 9:44 PM
A while ago, I posted a question about memory issues with the game on a new laptop. Since then, I was able to fix it somewhat... Now the game can use up to about 2GB of RAM. Despite the 4GB patch, I still would get pink textures in a populous neighborhood. Was anyone able to push the memory use up to 3GB on a new PC?
Top Secret Researcher
#28545 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 5:57 AM
I've now had 2 sports parties because sims had a want for them and after the sports parties end, they box saying how it went doesn't come up. The get the want fulfilled. Is this a normal thing with sports parties?

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#28546 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 6:16 AM
Yes, which is why sport parties are the easiest parties.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Theorist
#28547 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 2:03 PM
Did I understand correctly - sports parties are only of scores Not Bad and above?
Top Secret Researcher
#28548 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 4:20 PM
I wouldn't know as both sports parties had a "roof raiser" score in the score box that goes through-out the party when it ended. It's just the blue box with the end score afterwards didn't show up.

My Simblr
He/They
Top Secret Researcher
#28549 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 4:50 PM
Do I need separate clean templates for shopping districts if I want to create one without any sims including townies? Even if I already have for pleasantview and stealth?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#28550 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 7:20 PM
I was looking at the bigfoot romance mod https://modthesims.info/d/297521/bigfoot-romance.html and looking through the comments. I see it works with ACR but then I saw a question "I think I read somewhere that the bigfoot doesn't have complete DNA as he's not suppose to have kids, so what will happen with the mod?". Does Bigfoot have complete data or not? I was thinking since you can add him to family just fine he must have complete data, but now I don't know.

My Simblr
He/They
Page 1142 of 1345