Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Talking Table in 3 New Sizes

by CTNutmegger Posted 9th Dec 2006 at 7:12 PM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 8:32 AM by -Maylin-

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 5:50 PM
I love the Talking Table and use it all the time, so I'm thrilled to have these new options. Thank you!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 6:41 PM Last edited by MicBri : 10th Dec 2006 at 7:04 PM.
Great job, thank you for sharing these

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 7:34 PM
Thanks for another really terrific set to add to my incredibly bloated download files! I just can't pass this one up!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 8:03 PM
These are great, thank you.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 5:56 PM
These are awesome... and perfect. :D
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 2:42 PM
That is a great idea. I now have a beautiful variety.
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 4:48 AM
Very useful and attractive set, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 5:57 AM
Thanks for sharing Kathy, these are great!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 1:56 AM
What's not to love about the Maxis 2 Tile Talking Table? I love it! And now that I have more styles of it, I can love it even more!

Thanks CTNutmegger for these wonderful tables!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 7:01 AM
I love your work SO MUCH, and these tables are my new favorites! The fact that they use recolors I already have, or have made, just makes them ten times better, IMO. And tablecloths, to boot!! THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:41 AM
I have no problem at all with the two-tile and three-tile tsbles, but I can't seem to place the one tile tables in my game...they show up in the catalog... I click on them, and the price and description come up, but the hand tool won't pick it up Any advice?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 1:54 PM
Thanks everyone, Hugs!

Quote: Originally posted by Azlier Dalviari
I have no problem at all with the two-tile and three-tile tsbles, but I can't seem to place the one tile tables in my game...they show up in the catalog... I click on them, and the price and description come up, but the hand tool won't pick it up Any advice?

I don't know, I had no problem placing or using them in a no expansion game, the only thing I can recommend is to redownload them and try again. Are you sure your sim has enough money to buy them? Sometimes we forget to watch the simoleon amount until you can't choose something from the catalog.

:D
Instructor
#38 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 2:17 PM
Great as always. Thank you so much.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 7:45 PM
These are awesome, but I have a couple of requests:

1. Any chance you could post a version of the 2-tile one that has the same GUID as the Maxis one so that only yours will show up in the catalog? My catalog is so crowded, that anything I can do to make it less crowded is a godsend.

2. Any chance you can make a 2x2 version also?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
These are awesome, but I have a couple of requests:

1. Any chance you could post a version of the 2-tile one that has the same GUID as the Maxis one so that only yours will show up in the catalog? My catalog is so crowded, that anything I can do to make it less crowded is a godsend.

2. Any chance you can make a 2x2 version also?

Thanks

I tried doing a 2-tile that would override the Maxis original, but it kept giving me errors with the recolors, I may try it again sometime.

As for a 2x2, I'll see what I can do, can't promise just when though, I have several other things going right now.
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 2:56 PM
Wow I love them sooo much, thanks!

One TEENY-TINY request... could you possibly make the round table in a 3 x 3 and one of the rectangle ones 2 x 3, they had some of those large round dining tables on sims online and I just loved them lol. But thanks again!
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 4:53 PM Last edited by Misty Fied : 10th Feb 2007 at 11:33 AM.
I put these in my game and the single tile table overwrote a maxis single tile table. One of the exterior ones - the wooden one (not metal and wood - sorry, don't know its name off by hand.)

OK - it seems like it was another object(s) conflicting with both yours and the maxis table.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty Fied
I put these in my game and the single tile table overwrote a maxis single tile table. One of the exterior ones - the wooden one (not metal and wood - sorry, don't know its name off by hand.)

OK - it seems like it was another object(s) conflicting with both yours and the maxis table.

Did you get it straightened out?? I know mine has it's own GUID so it can't overwrite anything.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 5:50 PM
I really LOVE your round table - and my sims do so, too!
Wonderful work! Thank you so much for sharing!
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 11:43 PM
Yay, you are awesome! This is also my favorite Maxis table. I love the round mesh, I forsee myself putting it in my self-sim's house as soon as I load my game up... Thanks again!!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:57 PM
WOO HOO tablecloths!!!!!!! (all late..)
Test Subject
#47 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 3:20 AM
I really like more modern tables but I am just glad to have any new tables. I've been looking for one tile tables so I was glad to find these. So even though I've never used this table much I might now just because of the different sizes you've made. I appreciate your hard work on this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 8:04 PM
These are beautiful!
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:17 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 3:58 AM
Oh these are just awesome. My friend asked for a yellow recolour and I thought that would be great, and here it was not to mention the beautiful round and longer table, I play big families this 3 tile table is a must! Then the table clothes. Just the icing on the cake!
Page 2 of 3