Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pajama Party Madness- Teens Upadted 12/01/07

by kalynn06 Posted 25th Feb 2007 at 12:13 AM - Updated 27th Oct 2008 at 6:38 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
#26 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:40 AM
very great mesh!!!sorry to ask 'Are you Kate form "parsimonious" '?I saw in your profile it don't have your site but this mesh i got form parsimonious,so I was wondering,sorry for my bad english,
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 9:39 PM
Err... the male pajama mesh went all wonky on me. O_o

The heads of my sims stick out behind them a bit, and they have these horrid spikes coming out of their thighs...
Help please. xD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corby
Err... the male pajama mesh went all wonky on me. O_o

The heads of my sims stick out behind them a bit, and they have these horrid spikes coming out of their thighs...
Help please. xD

The good news is I think I figured out the issue. I'm guessing the problem happened either when you first installed it or the mesh worked normally and broke after you put in some new clothes?

If so, it happened because of something silly I did when I made the original mesh (It was one of my first ever), and it shouldn't bother most people but I suspect you hit one of the rare conflicting combinations. Because the problem isn't common, I never noticed it and no one ever said anything about it. I only discovered the problem when I did some poking after your comment. I'm working on a fix now and should have something by tommorrow or Monday.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
The good news is I think I figured out the issue. I'm guessing the problem happened either when you first installed it or the mesh worked normally and broke after you put in some new clothes?

If so, it happened because of something silly I did when I made the original mesh (It was one of my first ever), and it shouldn't bother most people but I suspect you hit one of the rare conflicting combinations. Because the problem isn't common, I never noticed it and no one ever said anything about it. I only discovered the problem when I did some poking after your comment. I'm working on a fix now and should have something by tommorrow or Monday.

Yeah, they were working fine before... Then I installed something new.
Well that is great news; I guess I'll just delete them for now or something and re-install when it's updated. =)
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 4:58 AM
These are great! I wish I had the My Chemical Romance ones for myself
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 5:35 AM
OMG! -- thnx but what is the mesh
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 10:26 PM
Ack, you spotted my weakness. I'm a skintone addict. Here's where the pictured ones can be found

The Blonde guy: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=193261

The curly haired and brown haired guys : The skins were from Sims24ever, but they took the downloads down due to server problems

The Girl with the Lighter Red Hair: Glance skintone also used by this sim

The Girl with the Light Brown curls: one of the free "Freshhie" skintones by Rensim

The girl with dark brown hair and the redheaded guy are by opeu.

The girl with the dark red hair has skin by Barcelonista, though I can't seem to find the link just now

Thank you so much for the PJ's they are exactly what I needed.

I am also a skin addict, would I be able to get away with asking you to DL, those sims24ever skins to me?

I have been looking for something like them FOREVER, and have not been able to find them, or when i do, it's a paysite

My email is Darksydeminion@yahoo.com

I would love you forever!

lol
Field Researcher
#33 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 5:42 PM
Wow, can't believe I almost missed out on these. They're fab! :D
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:48 AM Last edited by brokendragon : 15th Jul 2007 at 10:09 AM.
very awesome
thank you!

and i just want to add that you are so patient and helpful to everyone, i not only thank you for your superb work but your kindness as well

hmmm well i just went to look at them in body shop and while the pj's look great, for the males there is these two weird like, sharp bulges in the middle of the back also when i downloaded the all the male pjs set when i would try to extract them it would say there were no files to extract =/ though that might just be my internet. so i downloaded them all seperately and checked them out and thats when i noticed the bulges or spikes...
just wanted to let you know, and the female pj's are completely perfect! thank you

I'm gonna sing the doom song!! Doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, doom...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brokendragon
very awesome
thank you!

and i just want to add that you are so patient and helpful to everyone, i not only thank you for your superb work but your kindness as well

hmmm well i just went to look at them in body shop and while the pj's look great, for the males there is these two weird like, sharp bulges in the middle of the back also when i downloaded the all the male pjs set when i would try to extract them it would say there were no files to extract =/ though that might just be my internet. so i downloaded them all seperately and checked them out and thats when i noticed the bulges or spikes...
just wanted to let you know, and the female pj's are completely perfect! thank you

No worries. It's a rare issue that seems to be a conflict with another mesh or meshes (though I don't know which ones). I've been meaning to try to fix it for a month (see earlier in the thread) but I think it's just going to require a new package that won't work with any recolors people have done. I just haven't done it due to a major illenss in the family eating up lots of time. If all goes well (finger crossed) look for it soon

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
Field Researcher
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 4:22 PM
excellent! thank you so much!
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 2:30 AM
These are awesome, but the guys' ones don't show up in my game.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 2:36 PM
I like these pjs for my teen females! Thanks.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 9:46 AM
I love the PJ's! They are awesome!

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 8:01 AM
Thanks for these! They look awesome!

And for others, the links to the male skins are no longer valid, so we'll have to do without for now.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 8th Nov 2007 at 2:23 AM. Reason: see site news>new creator rules>3b
Thanks for these they are amazing^^...
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 10:00 PM Last edited by SunnyMonster : 29th Nov 2007 at 2:04 AM.
I love these, and they're pretty much all my Sim teens wear, but I too am having the problem with the male mesh. Any chance of a fix sometime soon?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SunnyMonster
I love these, and they're pretty much all my Sim teens wear, but I too am having the problem with the male mesh. Any chance of a fix sometime soon?

Today is my first foray back into the sims in four months due to family and personal suff (real life is pesky!). As for a fix, I've come to the conclusion, after lots of poking and prodding and asking people way smarter about meshing than me that it just isn't possible (as far as I can determine), mostly because the mesh isn't really necessarily broken. I know that there's something wonky with the package, which only affects some users (I can't even pinpoint which ones sadly), but I don't have the issue and I can't fix a problem I can't see . The only thing I can do is stick the mesh in a new package, which seemed to fix the issue for someone I worked with a few months ago. The problem for that is that all the recolors have to be relinked to the new package and I haven't had time to do it. If I get a free day after my next round of exams and practicals I'll give it a whirl. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 3:50 PM
Default Fix???
Okay, some of you have reported problems with the male teen mesh. Because this was, I think my first mesh ever, this isn't a big surprise . Unfortunately I can't actually reproduce the problem myself, and these work just dandy for me. I did however notice a mistake I made when making the original package. It shouldn't actually do anything, but it's the only thing I can think of that may cause these sporadic problems, so I made a shiny new package for these pjs which is attached. The actual mesh remains the same so has the same face and vertex count and uv mapping as the original.

I'd very much appreciate hearing any reports on whether this works for people who have had problems with the old mesh.

This will not work with any previous recolors other than the ones in the zip attached here!! . It's a new mesh package, so you can recolor this one or link recolors of the old one to it, but recolors of the old mesh won't work with this without fiddling

Please do let me know here or in pm if this does the trick. If it seems to be workable, I'll try to do a broader release with newer recolors
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PJ TEST FIX- NEW PACKAGE.zip (1.97 MB, 4155 downloads)

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 6:12 AM
The fix didn't actually fix the problem, at least not in my game.

Thanks for trying, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SunnyMonster
The fix didn't actually fix the problem, at least not in my game.

Thanks for trying, though.

I'm guessing you removed the old mesh? If so, it's a graphics issue I think. Some of the Ep's combined with some graphics configuration settings just dont seem to like some meshes. . The package and the mesh of this are just...normal.... and with the new package, standard meshes. Sadly since I can't replicate any problem even after trying to do it A LOT that's the best I can do.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 3:36 PM Last edited by SunnyMonster : 4th Dec 2007 at 4:28 PM.
I'm guessing you removed the old mesh?

Well, I didn't have any packages that still used the old mesh, but I didn't actually delete that. I'll give that a try and let you know how it works out.

As for graphics, that could be, although usually my graphics are quite good. I'll try to look into that some more, too.

Update: I deleted the old mesh, but it still didn't work. I'm just going to move them all to Crammyboy's mesh, because these are too good to give up on completely. Anyway, thanks so much for all of your help in trying to fix this!
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 9:29 AM
Is their any way you could put them all in one folder?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by einahpets65
Is their any way you could put them all in one folder?

You can get them all in two downloads, one male and one female, so clicking two files will grab you the entire collection. . If you want them in a subfolder, you can just unzip both files to the same folder and the whole giant collection will be in one place.

Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:53 AM
Nice work

Also, I just wanted to give you this link (http://www.glamorouslounge.net/sale/index.html) so people will stop asking for the elusive sims24ever skins, haha.
Page 2 of 3