Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[FIRST CUSTOM PET ANIMATION] Canine Self-Defence Pratice Pad

by Kodiak Posted 27th Mar 2008 at 12:58 AM - Updated 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM by Kodiak

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 130 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Fluffy
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 9:19 PM
I had to go test this in my game to see if it was for real, and I haven't laughed this much at sims stuff in ages.
Extremely amusing, and marvellously unique.
I love it. Great work!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 11:03 PM
O_o what the hell?!?! dogs and cats are danceing?

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 11:15 PM
Clever. Thanks for putting your time into this. :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 11:21 PM
Wow. lol Awesome. (: Thanks for this! They look cute.

My username is Soccersusan24 on www.sims2.com.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 11:32 PM
this looks hilarious, i'll try it ingame when i have time and see what happens. thanks so much
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 12:07 AM
wow... this very cool
thanks xD
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 12:23 AM Last edited by Echo : 28th Mar 2008 at 1:50 AM.
I'm hugely impressed! Pet animations are very hard to get working (I quit out of frustration last time I tried!)

I wonder if you'd be willing to post your fixed skeleton/ms3d file as a template for other users to make pet animations? It'd go very nicely along with Dr Pixel's sim animation templates.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 12:54 AM
Much delectation indeed. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 12:57 AM
OMG!!! What an awesome job!!!!Great!!! Fabulous!!!!Do you think of working on custom pets animations (as for example, for Hexameter and Dragon Slave horses vehicles or ridable animals)?
This will be a mark on TS2 history!!!
Thanks for sharing your fabulous hard job with us!!!

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:20 AM
Thanks can't wait to try it out.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:26 AM Last edited by JLonier : 29th Mar 2008 at 9:11 AM. Reason: is thanks not feedback
You rule

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Inventor
#13 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 2:06 AM
This is so wicked and funny.
It had me laughing like crazy.
Super job!

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 2:07 AM
This is impressive, indeed. I wish I could reinstall my Pets to try this, but I lost my darn activation code!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 2:11 AM
Not sure how I'll use this, but looks very interesting *downloads* I'll be sure to test this out when I get some pets (right now I'm having a tough time creating sims I actually want to keep lol).
Not actually evil.
#16 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 2:58 AM
Fantastic! I support folks who research how package files work and figure out new things for modders to do. I won't be using this in my game, but I'm so glad you made it.
Scholar
#17 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:06 AM
Oh.. My ... GAWD! LOL This is crazy, I love it! Excellent work on this, very creative.
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:30 AM
Oh my GOD. :DD This is...amazing. Completely and utterly amazing.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:56 AM
nice a new item for pets does it works with all the entire game?
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 6:58 AM
Lmao I love it! Pets needs more stuff, this is awesome
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 8:28 AM Last edited by JLonier : 29th Mar 2008 at 9:11 AM. Reason: is thanks not feedback
Impressive, I loved it.
I am able to see more of your creations :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:20 AM
Absolutely amazing! Must have taken you quite some time!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 4:08 PM
GOSH, you guys are great! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thanks to Lethe_s, seven_nation_army, Soccersusan24, macm09, BDBULL, centerman, toriamos, GreenDaySim74, Cinamun, twisted FATE, joltzi, Vral and everyone I quoted below for your replies and also to those who said thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Eliskuya in darkness
O_o what the hell?!?! dogs and cats are danceing?

True indeed! You can say that, again!

Quote: Originally posted by Echo
I'm hugely impressed! Pet animations are very hard to get working (I quit out of frustration last time I tried!)

I wonder if you'd be willing to post your fixed skeleton/ms3d file as a template for other users to make pet animations? It'd go very nicely along with Dr Pixel's sim animation templates.

It's usually the other way round. Me being impressed by you. I'm curious to know what method did you attempt that got you frustrated the last time. Do you mind sharing?

I would love to, Echo, but currently I'm still working on improving it. This is just an early preview. Further more, I've not even tried the other pet meshes, only large adult dogs.

Quote: Originally posted by MarciAraujo.ts
OMG!!! What an awesome job!!!!Great!!! Fabulous!!!!Do you think of working on custom pets animations (as for example, for Hexameter and Dragon Slave horses vehicles or ridable animals)?
This will be a mark on TS2 history!!!
Thanks for sharing your fabulous hard job with us!!!

Thanks for your exaggerated reply! That'll be interesting to work with indeed, not to mention an honour! I'll try my best if I have the time.

Quote: Originally posted by Vera Marina
You rule

You're the best! Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by mearii
This is impressive, indeed. I wish I could reinstall my Pets to try this, but I lost my darn activation code!

Oh my! Isn't it at the back of your instruction booklet? Hope you do find it. Maybe you can explain your situation to EA and see what they can do.

Quote: Originally posted by pugluvr7105
Not sure how I'll use this, but looks very interesting *downloads* I'll be sure to test this out when I get some pets (right now I'm having a tough time creating sims I actually want to keep lol).

*cocks head* It's for your pets to do some moves. It not too hard to create Sims, take your time.

Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Fantastic! I support folks who research how package files work and figure out new things for modders to do. I won't be using this in my game, but I'm so glad you made it.

New things? I love new things! Aww... Maybe I should have made something for cats?

Quote: Originally posted by j8799
nice a new item for pets does it works with all the entire game?

Thanks and yes! This works should work for the entire game inclusive of all expansion packs, minimum installation being the Base Game with the Pets Expansion Pack.

Quote: Originally posted by kkkayleighh
Heyy.
This looked really cute, so I downloaded it.

Then I went into my game, planning on making a new neighborhood ahead of time.
But for some reason, my game kept crashing when the new neighborhood was "Creating Pets"
So I removed this from my files, and then it worked. o.O
So I just wanted to let you know. xD

Maybe in case you want to put it in a warning or something?
Thanks for this, it's adorable. <33

~Kay

Wow, this came as a shock. I immediately tested it and twice the "Creating Pets" screen loaded smoothly. No crashes at all. After all, this package is only an add on and does not overide or conflict with any of those in the game.

Perhaps it might be a conflict with other custom packages, but that's rarely the case as I have registered for a unique GUID and it's unlikely for someone else to have an animation with the name "d-selfdefence" and sound "specialsound1". Did you remove any other downloaded packages along with mine while testing?

What windows are you using and what expansion packs do you have installed? Maybe someone else can help confirm this?

Quote: Originally posted by BloodRaven_1564
Absolutely amazing! Must have taken you quite some time!

Well, it sure did... but your words are rewarding enough.

YouTube? Check out my channel: AlphaWolfKodi
Interested in Balto? Balto Home

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Instructor
#24 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 6:30 PM
Wow that was pretty ambitious, I'm so glad you figured it out!
Scholar
#25 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 7:13 PM
Wow, you did a lot of work to accomplish this..a lot!. You've added a custom sound, that in and of itself is something to be very proud of, as that's really hard to get to work properly.

I lost interest in doing animations, after the negative comments and the demand for perfection. So I really want to wish you lots of luck. Try not to pay attention to people that don't know how hard these things are to create.

I see you also included many of the EA animations as options. Good job! Keep up the great work.
Page 1 of 6