Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[FIRST CUSTOM PET ANIMATION] Canine Self-Defence Pratice Pad

by Kodiak Posted 27th Mar 2008 at 12:58 AM - Updated 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM by Kodiak

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 130 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:38 AM
Spiritrider, have you tried using the Canine Defence Pad on another lot or in a different neighbourhood?

YouTube? Check out my channel: AlphaWolfKodi
Interested in Balto? Balto Home

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Test Subject
#77 Old 29th May 2008 at 5:37 AM
Other lots yes, but I never thought of trying another neighbourhood. Thanks, I hope it works! *scampers off to try*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 30th May 2008 at 1:49 AM Last edited by Kodiak : 21st Jul 2008 at 4:19 PM.
All the best and good luck!

Oh, one more very important thing! Please make sure you do not use both of the downloads above at the same time! Either rename the file extention or either one from ".package" to something else or shift one out to the desktop first. They both has same GUIDs, so conflict is likely to occur!

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Test Subject
#79 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 3:52 AM
Hi,Kodiak,lots of my friends and I like this creation very much.I want to ask your permission to translate the strings into Chinese and share it with my friends. Is it OK?
Please give me your beedback soon,THX!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by likewings
Hi,Kodiak,lots of my friends and I like this creation very much.I want to ask your permission to translate the strings into Chinese and share it with my friends. Is it OK?
Please give me your beedback soon,THX!

Of course you can! Please feel free to do so. I assume you'll be the translator? I do know Chinese. So let me read it once you're done.

Test Subject
#81 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kodiak
Of course you can! Please feel free to do so. I assume you'll be the translator? I do know Chinese. So let me read it once you're done.

Thanks a lot! Actually, the work has already finished. I'll upload my Chinese version here, and please give me your advice. :lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Kodiak-CanineDefencePad_cn_tw[test].rar (329.1 KB, 7 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by likewings
Thanks a lot! Actually, the work has already finished. I'll upload my Chinese version here, and please give me your advice. :lovestruc

That's wonderful! I couldn't have translated it any better than you did. Thanks again. The translation was a good laugh to read. Especially the stretch pie menu string. If it were to be directly translated back to English, it would sound something like "stretch lazy rump"! lol

Lab Assistant
#83 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:25 PM
It doesn't work! It freezes my game!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:30 PM
It Does Not Work
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:44 PM
Putting it in another folder doesn't do anything!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Save_the_whales
Putting it in another folder doesn't do anything!

What other folder did you put it in? What I meant about the Downloads folder is to temporary clear all your other custom content from your EA Games folder within My Documents. But a conflict with other custom content should be unlikely.

Have you also tried this in another new lot or other lots? Also make sure you only use ONE download from above at a time.

Lab Assistant
#87 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:01 PM
I made a new folder and put it in EA games. But when I did that, all my custom hair dissapeared
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 8:19 PM
I tried putting it in before the family moved in and my computer crashed
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 8:24 PM
What other folder did you put it in? What I meant about the Downloads folder is to temporary clear all your other custom content from your EA Games folder within My Documents. But a conflict with other custom content should be unlikely.

Have you also tried this in another new lot or other lots? Also make sure you only use ONE download from above at a time.

Whaaaa? Are you saying I have to get rid of all of my custom content when I use it?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 8:24 PM

Whaaaa? Are you saying I have to get rid of all of my custom content when I use it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Save_the_whales

I mentioned TEMPORARY only! Just to see if they indeed have a conflict or somehow just cause problems over time as your download collection builds up.

Move all your other custom content to a folder on your desktop. Then start the game and test it out. You can then shift them back later.

Top Secret Researcher
#92 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 6:52 PM
lol NINJA DOGS!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#93 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 5:45 AM
Can cats use this too ??
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#94 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 9:41 PM
Totally amazing - it makes me reconsider my decision to not use my pets EP..........
Test Subject
#95 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 5:13 PM
thanks...
Test Subject
#96 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mearii
This is impressive, indeed. I wish I could reinstall my Pets to try this, but I lost my darn activation code!

google is your friend
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keodau27
Can cats use this too ??

Unfortunately not. Their animations are separated.

Test Subject
#98 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 10:12 AM
Hey umm.. I installed this.. i think it was the April 08 one...

Whenever i put the item down and try to play it freezes on me.. untill i get rid of the item.. i mean i can still issue commands and everything.. but it still acts as if it has been paused.. when it hasn't.. :\

Can anyone help me out here?
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 12:26 AM
fantastic job, and great idea! I always thought the pets pack should have come with objects like this. Thanks!
Test Subject
#100 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:30 PM
Mine's not working, can you help? whenever I put the pad in a room, then I go to play mode, it keeps having errors saying, Cancel, Reset, or Delete. I try clicking reset and cancel but it wont work, then I click delete, then try it agian. It keeps happening!

can you help?

I give you Corn! oh such corn shall I give...
Page 4 of 6