Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 12:18 AM
Who is still playing?
Just started playing again and spent hours downloading everything to make this great game even better! Just wanted to know who is still out there playing the Sims 2? This is by far my favorite version.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 1:40 AM
I am! I spent years rarely playing 2 , but now it's my main version. After all these years, it's still the one I enjoy most.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 2:51 AM
Well, everybody who hangs out in this part of the site, for...I dunno, a whole bunch.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 4:05 AM
I'm still playing-even started a new iteration of PV. So far I've rewritten one plot line. I think it's fun!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Link Ninja
#5 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 7:42 AM
I just re-installed it tonight and am still playing!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 2:43 PM
I'm also still playing. In fact I haven't bought any of the newer versions since.

From the looks of the "Whats happening in your game right now?" thread, I'm in good company.

(Also, this forum topic number in the URL… )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A0j01990
Just started playing again and spent hours downloading everything to make this great game even better! Just wanted to know who is still out there playing the Sims 2? This is by far my favorite version.

Plenty of people play sims 2, new content comes out daily. You don't need to be worried about the community its still quite strong.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 11:36 PM
Well, right at the moment I have to admit I'm not playing. Back in January I had a few crashes which I think may have been caused by OneDrive, and I haven't been playing since. But I hope and intend to be playing again very soon, restoring from a recent backup. I am very much missing my Sims!

I have never had any other version of the Sims, and never really wanted one either. EA would have to add something very spectacular indeed to ever persuade me to buy a new version. Something like the ability to go and live with my Sims in Veronaville. If I could do that, I very much doubt if I'd ever want to come back!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 12:42 AM
I don't think I've really played since 2019 by now. I still like to talk about Sims 2 every now and then, hence why I still show up around here on occasion. I also still enjoy looking at downloads and reading Simblr stories (at least the ones I find interesting/entertaining)
When I started that "Beginning of Pleasantview" neighbourhood back then, I already kinda had the feeling that it might be my last time (or my last time for the foreseeable future) I've been playing the game off and on since 2004 and eventually there just wasn't anything new to discover, the game, its engine and the Sims (while the best in the series, imo) became predictable and robotic. I know some people say they just use their imagination to fill in the blanks with Sims 2, but that doesn't really motivate me either, probably because 1) Sims 2 was never the only game I played and 2)I tend to focus my creativity elsewhere, especially these days. Sims 2 was never my "main thing" like it is for many others here.

Every now and then I make some plans on how to start again, but they never last long. Plus I'm on a windows 10 computer by now, and I don't feel like going through the whole dance to make Sims 2 work. Maybe somewhen in the future when there's emulators for...well, whatever version of windows it was Sims 2 was originally developed for, I might give it another try.
I played Sims 4 for a bit last year, and while it couldn't keep my interest, all the modern conveniences in it were really nice. And I'm looking forward to Paralives.
I'll always have fond memories of this game and especially the awful, melodramatic stories I played out when I was a teenager, but I just don't play it anymore these days.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 12:50 AM
We all here are died hard fans of Sims 2 it's not because we don't want to spend money to upgrade to the next level of the Sims or whatever the reason is.
But it's just that Sims 2 is still the BEST sims game by far, if not so why would Sims 3 or 4 seem to take ideas from Sims 2. I been playing Sims 2 since 2016 or 2015
Now it's 2022

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 1:01 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Apr 2022 at 5:24 AM.
Haven't played much lately, but I've tested out some CC and at least opened my game a few times the past weeks. Still working on some fixing, downloads organizing and storywriting, but it's been really slow going and I keep getting distracted with other things.

Feels like starting over after all this time (haven't done much playing since 2016-2018, depending), and my main hood is all kinds of messy, so I'll have to start more or less over with the story stuff (I have most of the stuff I need, but I need it better organized, and cleaned up, which takes time - my Downloads folder used to be a bit less messy than a landfill :/ ).

I hang out in the forums pretty much every day, though. And hoard CC like a maniac

I installed TS3 on my new computer and struggled with the graphics and setup for a few hours, but that's about as far as I got with it (still isn't set up quite right - I used to play it on my old laptop but got some issues with it after a borked EP install, barely touched the game since). Haven't played TS4 in a while except the creation tools (mostly for extracting and opening files), but I'll occasionally play. I don't find it as entertaining as TS2, though.

Just so it's said, I've never left TS2, I've only had longer breaks from opening the game. I'll still make CC, download CC, poke my Downloads folder with a stick, do storywriting for Sims, hang out in the TS2 forums, and so forth, and pretty much on a daily basis - so still "TS2-ing" in my head even if I'm not playing the game very often, if that makes sense.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 1:45 AM
I don't play as often as i'd like to but I still play. Sims 2 is just the best imo. I have enjoyed Sims 3 as well but haven't played that in years. Sims 4 I can not get into for the life of me.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 7:10 AM
Sims 2 is my favorite. I like 3, too, but I always come back to 2.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 7:29 AM
I've been playing TS2 mostly since 2005 and am currently about to be going live in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which means I'll be playing my first colonial settler couple to arrive there in the spring of 1600 and adding other ancestral branches of the modern Plasantview families over time.I've aldo got my Apocalypse Challenge in RIverdale which is the Riverblossom Hills terrain map and the first settlers arriving there arrived in the spring of 1520 which means that town was established in the 16th century.
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 5:56 PM
I'm not playing at the moment - but not by choice or for lack of trying . I think for most games I play or most of my free time pursuits for that matter, I have periods when I focus on them intently and periods when I'm a bit tired of them and do something else entirely, but right now I'm bursting with sims 2 ideas and really look forward to playing again as soon as I have a computer setup that works for me.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 4:14 AM

There are many of us who never went to Sims 3 or 4. I prefer Sims 2 in all ways and enjoy it to this day.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 9:10 PM
I am generally too focused on playing then to post about playing. Hwoops
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 10:22 PM
Like always someone breezes in and asks an obvious lively board if anyone still plays and disappears. First post guys, not worth replying.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#19 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 1:18 AM
I've played every main Sims game. Sims 1, great at the time, but hard for me to go back to (and I refuse until I find my Superstar CD's). Sims 3, hated it... Sims 4, the magic just isn't there for me.

One of the things I hated about Sims 3 was the constant musical cues from mundane everyday events. Sims 2 FreeTime has this with "I'm so glad I tried this activity", but I have mods to cut down on hobby spam.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm still playing-even started a new iteration of PV. So far I've rewritten one plot line. I think it's fun!

What plotline did you redo?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Like always someone breezes in and asks an obvious lively board if anyone still plays and disappears. First post guys, not worth replying.

I am reading through every reply and I am stoked to see so many fans still kicking. Like others have mentioned, life takes over sometime, but I appreciate every response.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I've played every main Sims game. Sims 1, great at the time, but hard for me to go back to (and I refuse until I find my Superstar CD's). Sims 3, hated it... Sims 4, the magic just isn't there for me.

One of the things I hated about Sims 3 was the constant musical cues from mundane everyday events. Sims 2 FreeTime has this with "I'm so glad I tried this activity", but I have mods to cut down on hobby spam.

Haha, I know what you mean about the cues.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 5:33 PM
I am reading through every reply and I am stoked to see so many fans still kicking. Like others have mentioned, life takes over sometime, but I appreciate every response.
Definitely! I can only speak for myself, but I know it's entirely possible for someone to happen across a game like TS2 for the first time, or find their copy somewhere, pick up the game (again) and find an active message board. So IMVHO it's okay to ask if people are still actively playing or just posting old screenshots.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 6:01 PM
What do you mean by "still"?
Yes, the game is almost 18 years old, but it's the best game in the world so of course I play the game!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 9:03 PM
What plotline did you redo?

Brandi has had a miscarriage and she's not going to have another child. She's going to get a job and become somebody. That's one. Her son is going to go to college, and leave behind his criminal past.
Another-I've gotten Lillith Pleasant moved out of her house into her grandparents house, so she can get back on track to go to college.
Mortimer got tired of the old Mansion, sold all of the furniture, and the three of them moved into a smaller, more modest place. Mortimer has arthritis, and walking up and down those stairs was getting bad for his legs and knees. Cassandra and Don are still not married, and it's looking very doubtful for it to happen.
Darren is going to get a job as a gamer and have fun, that is unless Cassie gets ahold of him.

Dina and Nina are still living together, but Nina wishes Dina would move the hell out so she can get Don to move in and persuade him to marry her. I've never done that and I want to see how they act as parents. It ought to be fun.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 1 of 3