Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 5:24 PM
Favorite Build/Buy Mode Object?
I have some objects I use in nearly every single build I do, I just can't help myself. I'm a real sucker for all of the chicken themed decor from Seasons and the New Gear City windows. I love the Just Orchiding plant, too. Also worth mentioning are the Anytime Candles... :lovestruc

So, I was wondering, what do you guys use all the time? I want this thread to be geared more towards objects shipped with the base game/packs/EP's, but if you have favorite CC that you abuse in every lot, that's cool too!

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 9:31 PM
I love the clones of the cheap EA sofas and living room chairs that are actually functional sofa and chair beds though the loveseat turns into a double bed and the chair becomes a single bed when opened up.They both are beds in the opened state and a chair or loveseat in the closed state.I also use unlocked career rewards like the pinball machines and charisma podiums a lot and have them on most community lots like service centers and placed in common areas of apartments.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 10:24 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Jun 2022 at 8:02 AM.
Even if I use a lot of non-EAxis CC too, I use quite a lot of recolored EAxis furniture when I decorate houses. I don't have any special favorites, but the ikea vase with the tulips and a couple of the OFB flower vases (unlocked) tend to sneak in here and there, plus I use a lot of "refurbished" EA stuff like emptied bookshelves with slots and de-shelved clutter. There's nearly always one of the potted trees in a corner, too. The BV posters and all the variations that exist - gotta love those as well.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 11:42 PM
Gnomes. My sims spend a lot of time stealing gnomes (or stealing them back).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 3:19 AM
I got my favorite living room furnitre from HERE and it's under the uploads for March in 2018.The default replacements for the other sofa and loveseat to make the loveseat become both a loveseat and a double bed is on this site and there's also a file that made the chair from become a chair bed which will be a chair when closed and a single bed in the opened state.That default replacement was for Ikea stuff items and uploaded here.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:34 AM
I've definitely overused the satinistics loveseat and all the add-on sets to it - it works so well in so many settings and it has so many recolous I can find one for almost every style of house. Honeywells kitchen shelves are always there somewhere, and then the gnomes and the AnyTime candles for me too.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 9:05 AM
Build:
The BV small arched window
The Kitchen and Bath floors
The Oaktowne classic door
The Hey Jute carpet
The You got planked (?) floor
The Discrete concrete floor
Most of the poured walls
The flowerbeds
the blue hydrangea
the sunflowers
the fruit trees

Buy
The Lack end table
The Hemnes bedroom furniture
The sims of steel sofa
the durable value sofa
the ektorp sofa
the klippan sofa
the kitchen cabinets : quaint, those from K&M and the country ones
the Christmas candle
All the flower arrangements and plants, especially:
the flowers from the Celebrations pack.
the durable value sofa
the tea party in teak table
the NL table with the table cloth
the bird house
the uni stove and stuff as needed.
the small water features
and the big ones here and there.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Gnomes. My sims spend a lot of time stealing gnomes (or stealing them back).

The gnomes are so tempting to any pixel in any time frame.

You wouldn't believe that they were discovered in the Medieval times-pixels were often seen stealing and getting them back.

It seems to be the only obvious autonomous hobby they have besides sex.

In my game: flower beds, flowers, and more flowers. So the gnomes can reside in them until they're stolen. But I don't buy them. The residents of Arundel do and they love them as much as I do.
They have such great taste!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 1:31 PM
I find myself fitting the high backed, base game Victorian living chair into almost every build I do, occupied or unoccupied. It's the chair of Mortimer Goth's living room and Olive Specter's graveyard. There's just something so majestic and stately about it. I can see an old sim who's raised 10 kids sitting by the fire in that chair, or a young sim who's having tea or coffee with her friend while her husband cheats on her, or a child who's way too small for it not realizing the power and beauty of a throne like that. It comes in so many versatile patterns and colors with just the base game that it tends to fit with almost anything I put next to it (special mention to the pink and yellow diamond pattern-- it ties so many things together!).

I dunno, it feels silly, but something about it also being one of the most expensive chairs in the catalogue says something like "Congrats! You've made it! You can now afford this ridiculously expensive and stately looking armchair to survey your mansion from."

Another one I use really often is a converted TS3 Ambitions living chair that's just a squat, wooden chair, and looks so nice. It's like the classier cousin of sticking a dining chair in your living room because you just have too many people over and they need something to sit on. It's relatively cheap, tends to add a bit of variety to the accompanying set of furniture while not being too horribly off color-wise, and just so clean and simple looking. I know in reality it'd likely be the least popular chair in the room compared to a comfy sofa and I definitely wouldn't find myself sitting in it for too long, but I just love it so much.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 3:15 PM
As for gnomes, I still laugh out loud every time my sims come back from stealing their gnomes back and they seem to have acquired 4 or 5 more.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 6:07 PM
YES! The HEMNES furniture! IKEA pack for the win.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:22 PM
In this house we love Trottco television. I think it's so cute, with it's little stand and DVD player... it's just so homey :lovestruc

Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:25 PM
I have a very unpopular opinion about favorite object in build mode and it’s this thing I put it
Image:
https://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawik....jpg?width=2240
I put it everywhere possible and don’t even use it

And from buy mode my favorite is the Smitty Classy's TV Shrine and the Mysterous Looking Bookcase
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coisxtin
I have a very unpopular opinion about favorite object in build mode and it’s this thing I put it
Image:

The picture is too small!! I can't see what it is.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The picture is too small!! I can't see what it is.

It looks like it's the garden plot from Seasons

Another possibly unpopular one, but I like the little green dragon sculpture. I just think he's neat.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 3:30 AM
I love the lot visitor controller for community lots and the career reward pinball machine for community lots and common areas of apartment lots and the charisma podiums that make sims money are also placed almost everywhere even in homes before sims move into the homes as I've got all career reward and aspiration rewards unlocked to buy mode.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 11:45 AM
I really love the 'Bigger is Better' wall mirror over a fireplace or half height dresser. Works in bedrooms or communal spaces, small spaces or grander ones, can be in fancy or basic design and match various colour schemes. Love it!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 5:05 PM
I love the maxis neon bar wall lights that come in different colors. Along with the neon wall light flamingos they really add color to your house.
Link Ninja
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 5:51 PM
Ok, without thinking through everything my knee-jerk reaction is the cappuccino machine. I pretty much have one in every house. Let me tell you it's rough (for me) trying to play naturally w/o a way for them to get a caffeine fix. **nervously eyes the sim blender needs option** "No that's just for emergencies!"

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.