Replies: 28860 (Who?), Viewed: 806997 times.
Page 1155 of 1155
Mad Poster
#28851 Old Today at 12:26 AM
I used to know how to edit the lighting file so the shadow in neighbourhood view is the same as the shadow in lot view. It seems to be right in Veronaville just now so I guess I must have copied it from my old computer. I thought I had a note on how to do it, so I'll see if I can find it on my old computer.

Somebody told me how to do it. I didn't work it out for myself!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#28852 Old Today at 2:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
I'm still amazed that when someone says "hey hey hey I heard saving while sims are on the phone causes corruption!!!1" everyone just accepts this as graven truth and alters their play style to accommodate that, but when someone casually suggests that maybe you should actually keep track of what mods you have installed people go apeshit.

It wasn't "casually" though, the sarcasm was a little too rich for my liking ...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Theorist
#28853 Old Today at 2:33 AM
I'm sorry? Nothing I've said in this conversation has been sarcastic, except for my reaction to the ridiculous idea that we should stop giving people advice about the game.
Field Researcher
#28854 Old Today at 2:48 AM
I have always wondered. When a Sim is in the bathroom, everybody else in the house gets a thought bubble with a red X over that Sim's head. What is that about? What is it supposed to mean? I think it might've been in Sims 1 as well. I just remember laughing about them secretly hating the other Sim for being in the bathroom.
Mad Poster
#28855 Old Today at 3:18 AM
That's not the only time it shows, just the most noticeable. It pops up when a sim who is around is not visible - has gone into another room - and may be read as "where did so-and-so go?" But that's not the way most people read it right off the bat.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#28856 Old Today at 3:58 AM
Based on what the mod that was made to get rid of that feature modifies, it's part of the privacy code and is thus indeed specific to the bathroom.
Field Researcher
#28857 Old Today at 4:50 AM
Is it randomly decided whether you get the green or tan camo for the Recruit/Elite Forces job? It bothers me that my Sims in Strangetown get the green camo.
Lab Assistant
#28858 Old Today at 5:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
Because when you mess your game up, other people have to help you fix it, possibly the same modder whose description of the mod you chose not to read. But maybe you're right. Maybe we shouldn't care about anyone else's game. Great, let's take down all information we have about corruption, all the guides for the how to use the lot debugger, all the critical fix mods, all the advice and knowledge the fandom has built up over the years, because someone finds that advice to be oppressive. Sounds like a great plan.

no offense, but i'm still trying to figure out how you managed to type all of this without cracking up
Mad Poster
#28859 Old Today at 5:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I have always wondered. When a Sim is in the bathroom, everybody else in the house gets a thought bubble with a red X over that Sim's head. What is that about? What is it supposed to mean? I think it might've been in Sims 1 as well. I just remember laughing about them secretly hating the other Sim for being in the bathroom.

I read it as "So and so should get the hell out of the bathroom before I pee myself!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
just a girl
#28860 Old Today at 6:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77

I always thought it meant that the house had thin walls and the sim in the bathroom was making noises nobody wanted to hear or something like that
And I also only see this thought bubble in connection to the sim in the bathroom, no other room.
Scholar
#28861 Old Today at 8:50 AM
If you have pescado's no stomping mod, those thought bubbles will SPAM whenever someone's trying to get into an occupied toilet... unless you also have a no privacy bathroom mod.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Page 1155 of 1155