Replies: 421 (Who?), Viewed: 15141 times.
Page 17 of 17
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#401 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 3:40 PM
It's disco Friday, ya'll. Watch Maxis burn themselves. While you're reading, sing or hum the song Disco Inferno. ROTFLMAO! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

I did have screenshots, but for whatever reason they won't load, so you'll have to read the tweets for context. They did load, I just couldn't put them in the post itself.

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1466546476344127491

Maxis mocks those that spend 6 hours building and only playing for a hour. This unintentionally translates to admitting that the game play in TS4 is a total crap shoot. As James Turner would say... Noice!

I've been saying for years that if sims community sits and waits long enough, the truth will come out. TS4 should have been called the Building Simulator or the Building and Dollie Simulator for those that spend hours in CAS but never actually play. This is what happens when they allow a angsty 12 to run their Twitter account.

Where is whatshisface so he can call everybody a bitch? Oh right, he doesn't play sims so he doesn't care.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#402 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 3:52 PM
I just want my spiral stairs.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#403 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 5:01 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix I'm gonna assume I just misunderstood you and that you know Quxxn passed away a time ago

what does his name even mean?
Forum Resident
#404 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 5:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
@SneakyWingPhoenix I'm gonna assume I just misunderstood you and that you know Quxxn passed away a time ago

Unless I misunderstood myself, I took it as Sneaky meaning that it would be like some kind of tribute to Quxxn, since she was very popular in the community.

I wouldn't want EA anywhere close to doing something with her legacy regardless. She was too much of a gem for the likes of EA to get their hands on. Besides, she passed away in (2013?), so I doubt a lot of the TS4 base would know who she was anyway.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#405 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 5:27 PM
I know she passed away. I was a big fan of her when I was 11 year old. I was devastated. And yeah, like Janthom95 it would mean to sort of a remembarance thing as she was well known player in the community.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#406 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:42 PM
OK, seriously. Who in the hell put Disagree for mentioning that Quxxn passed away years ago, of all things? That is just petty.

Mad Poster
#407 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
OK, seriously. Who in the hell put Disagree for mentioning that Quxxn passed away years ago, of all things? That is just petty.

Or someone wants to invalidate what she meant for me i hope it was just a misclick. That, or a person doesn't want to see her in the game.

Mad Poster
#408 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:09 PM
There are some people that genuinely enjoy spending more time building in the game than doing other activities. Some people have had this as their play style for years, even before The Sims 4 released. One can only guess what they had meant when they posted that, but I prefer a more positive interpretation in that their post was acknowledging these players rather than mocking them.

In this context, there's no disrespect ...We got five minutes for us to disconnect
Let's get retarded in here.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#409 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
There are some people that genuinely enjoy spending more time building in the game than doing other activities. Some people have had this as their play style for years, even before The Sims 4 released. One can only guess what they had meant when they posted that, but I prefer a more positive interpretation in that their post was acknowledging these players rather than mocking them.

You're right, but we're not talking about the same team / teams from previous games either. This particular team for whatever reason has a history of being snarky then getting bent when they're called out on it. This team also has no clue how to read a room or prefers to live with their heads in the sand. There is a lot of grumbling going on about the endless slew of kits. People are frustrated, annoyed, aggravated, ect... Even on their own precious forum, there is a lot of snarling going on. Instead of addressing the issue, they decide to do crap like this. I don't recall this stuff going on with TS3 or TS2. If this was a problem, somebody clue me in.

If this was meant to be a big ha-ha, then there is no reason for them to hide replies. From where I'm sitting, this sez whoever their PR person feels almighty that they can dish it, but can't take it when they get it back. If they don't want to be pounced on, then they need to keep it to themselves. If TS4 was all that, people would be busy playing instead of being on Twitter. This isn't complicated or deep. When people are pissed off, don't poke at them. Sheesh! No armchair or Ph.D required to figure this out. Leaving their little bubbles once in a while would do all of them some good...
Top Secret Researcher
#410 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't recall this stuff going on with TS3 or TS2. If this was a problem, somebody clue me in.

I remember a little bit of grumbling going on during Sims 2, but like, of the normal kind that every game has. And back then the fans got proper answers.
Like for example, when Nighlife released, many fans were disappointed with the amount of new clothes it included, as it was a lot less than the Sims 1 expansions used to have. To that the developers answered it's because a 3D-asset for Sims 2 takes longer to create than the isometric skins in Sims 1, and that the Sims 2 clothes and hair were also a lot more detailed.

The fandom back then accepted that because it trusted the developers, because they consistently created quality content and behaved professionally when engaging with the playerbase.

There also was always a certain amount of grumbling that patches broke stuff along with fixing stuff (yeah that was always a problem with Sims) but back then the game got a lot less patches than it does today, so it was less of a constant problem. And there was some critique on Pets that it didn't include many things that weren't pet-related (back then expansions were bigger, and were expected to deliver a lot that didn't directly tie into their theme, especially clothes and furniture)
The problem of not having enough male clothing was also something that existed, and was complained about, back then. Teen Style Stuff was actually very well received because it included a lot of male teen clothing.

But again, the difference was the way the developers communicated with the players and the quality of the content we got.

I can't say anything about Sims 3, because I never liked that game, so I was never really involved with it.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#411 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:18 PM
It was pretty much the same deal throughout the entirety of TS3. No big complaints to speak of. The biggest thing I remember specifically was Showtime being universally felt as an underwhelming EP compared to most of the others (and yet still better than TS4 EPs), and the resounding laugh when the Katy Perry Stuff Pack released.

But nothing like the constant jabs the TS4 devs pull on their own series. I still get annoyed when I think about that smug comment one of them made about City Living's apartments feature supposedly being miles better than TS2 or 3. "Have you seen apartments in TS3?" Ugh.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#412 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
I remember a little bit of grumbling going on during Sims 2, but like, of the normal kind that every game has. And back then the fans got proper answers.
Like for example, when Nighlife released, many fans were disappointed with the amount of new clothes it included, as it was a lot less than the Sims 1 expansions used to have. To that the developers answered it's because a 3D-asset for Sims 2 takes longer to create than the isometric skins in Sims 1, and that the Sims 2 clothes and hair were also a lot more detailed.

The fandom back then accepted that because it trusted the developers, because they consistently created quality content and behaved professionally when engaging with the playerbase.

There also was always a certain amount of grumbling that patches broke stuff along with fixing stuff (yeah that was always a problem with Sims) but back then the game got a lot less patches than it does today, so it was less of a constant problem. And there was some critique on Pets that it didn't include many things that weren't pet-related (back then expansions were bigger, and were expected to deliver a lot that didn't directly tie into their theme, especially clothes and furniture)
The problem of not having enough male clothing was also something that existed, and was complained about, back then. Teen Style Stuff was actually very well received because it included a lot of male teen clothing.

But again, the difference was the way the developers communicated with the players and the quality of the content we got.

While I'm sure there are people that want to knows Maxis' deepest, darkest secrets, I think people generally speaking want proper answers and to be treated with the same amount of respect that they were given with previous games. I don't consider this a major thing to ask for. The again, maybe that is a projection on my part. I know for me, if that were the case, I wouldn't be nearly as 'hard on them' as I have been for the past 7 years. There are things about TS4 I like, I also think there are things that they've done well such as toddlers even though it was a long battle to get them. The good things are not enough to make me buy the game, but they can't have it both ways.

It is said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. Team Maxis is allowed to engage in the 'insanity' of how they've been doing things, but the result is never going to change. I also think too much time has passed for any trust issues to be repaired, but we'll never know unless something changes.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
It was pretty much the same deal throughout the entirety of TS3. No big complaints to speak of. The biggest thing I remember specifically was Showtime being universally felt as an underwhelming EP compared to most of the others (and yet still better than TS4 EPs), and the resounding laugh when the Katy Perry Stuff Pack released.

But nothing like the constant jabs the TS4 devs pull on their own series. I still get annoyed when I think about that smug comment one of them made about City Living's apartments feature supposedly being miles better than TS2 or 3. "Have you seen apartments in TS3?" Ugh.

Graham still brings up the whole Katy Perry thing as it was his pack after all. People moo at him for it, but it doesn't come off as he's being a asshole either. He knows it is going to get a rise out of people and people take the bait.

I get annoyed with the jabs as well, but I think this goes along with the other issues with this team.
Top Secret Researcher
#413 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
While I'm sure there are people that want to knows Maxis' deepest, darkest secrets, I think people generally speaking want proper answers and to be treated with the same amount of respect that they were given with previous games. I don't consider this a major thing to ask for. The again, maybe that is a projection on my part. I know for me, if that were the case, I wouldn't be nearly as 'hard on them' as I have been for the past 7 years. There are things about TS4 I like, I also think there are things that they've done well such as toddlers even though it was a long battle to get them. The good things are not enough to make me buy the game, but they can't have it both ways.

It is said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. Team Maxis is allowed to engage in the 'insanity' of how they've been doing things, but the result is never going to change. I also think too much time has passed for any trust issues to be repaired, but we'll never know unless something changes.

I agree. The Sim "Gurus" often acting like children and the patch notes with their forced, company-mandated "quirkiness" are one of the things that put me off Sims 4 from the very beginning.

But I guess if they start to be honest, they'd have to start by admitting that Sims 4 is a hastily re-tooled online game and not the "strong foundation" they claim the basegame to be.

Mad Poster
#414 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 10:13 AM
Well they're obviously not going to go around ever admitting that, their objective is to try and sell the game to please their EA bosses. They can't sell the game effectively if even they admit that it's some "hastily re-tooled online game".

Now I'm not arguing with any fact that it's such a game, simply pointing out the reality of the situation.

In this context, there's no disrespect ...We got five minutes for us to disconnect
Let's get retarded in here.

Mad Poster
DELETED POST
4th Dec 2021 at 2:08 PM
This message has been deleted by jje1000. Reason: Wrong Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#415 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 3:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Well they're obviously not going to go around ever admitting that, their objective is to try and sell the game to please their EA bosses. They can't sell the game effectively if even they admit that it's some "hastily re-tooled online game".

Now I'm not arguing with any fact that it's such a game, simply pointing out the reality of the situation.

Everybody already knows that story. Parts of that story could very well resurface from the grave if TS5 (if there is going to be one) is a online game. Giving and treating customers with respect does not require explaining. They either do it or they don't. It is not the consumers problem that EA shoved themselves in a box and have to kiss the rings and bend to the whims of their shareholders.

In all fairness, this is not just a EA problem, it is a big business problem across the board.

I spent a year and a half at odds with Amazon. The more I gave them the benefit of the doubt, the more I got screwed. It finally occurred to me that I was engaging in that insanity thing I mentioned previously, so I canceled my membership and cut them them out of my life. One would think the story would end there, but no.

Weeks later, UPS delivered a Amazon package to me that was not mine. I called UPS, their automated system basically told me to fuck off, then I called Amazon. Instead of dealing with the problem which was UPS, they whined at me about how I canceled my account. Long story short, I did not renew my Prime membership and delivered the package to the right person myself, literally.

As a result of all of that, the only thing I have delivered these days aside from bills and junk mail through the post office is pet food. It doesn't come via UPS, it comes Fed Ex which is just as bad, but pets need to eat. I place orders online for groceries and they are picked up. If I need anything else, I get it from Target via order pick up unless it is something for the house. In that case, we do a pick up order with Lowes or Home Depot.

Big businesses can only stick their meat hooks in people if the people put up with it. Obviously people cannot dodge big business entirely, but people do have a choice. Before somebody tells me that there is no other sims games out there so they have to deal with EA, that is still a choice. If somebody finds EA that infuriating, then it is time to either play a older version of the sims or cut the cord because things are not going to get easier.

I made the choice that I was not going to contribute to Andrew Wilson's million plus dollar yearly bonuses a long time ago. Not all gurus are bad and I'm sure they are muzzled about many things, but even then, that's not a excuse how people have been treated over the past 7 years.
Mad Poster
#416 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 4:43 PM
Yeah. Things that rubs us mostly is their PR, which ofc doesn't help giving trust and respect for the players who been delivered lacklustered game. I think most of us would find a way to tolerate TS4 to some bit, but representatives being condescending to the fandom over social media just breaks the straw. Faces like Grant or groomer-helper moderator (Kate her name) would be thrown away from the job if it was morally normal company. Say what you want, but Maxis lacked and still does the professionalism with interaction of the community, players. I still remember the "oops it happens" gif response on The Sims twitter account to the complain the player reported. Players addressed the issue, that's not the fucking apprioprate away to respond to feedback/input. You will lose players/consumers this away

Alchemist
#417 Old Yesterday at 3:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yeah. Things that rubs us mostly is their PR ...

I do not follow the PR at all. I do not go to the official site. I do not watch live streams, I do not look for them on twitter, etc. I just judge the products as to whether I am interested in them or not? I did not check into the PR of Honda before getting my car. Or Singer before getting my latest sewing machine, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, good PR is important/valuable for corporations, but the products speak for themselves.
Top Secret Researcher
#418 Old Yesterday at 3:40 AM
And Rachel, the Dancing Clown didn't help either. Remember that reveal of Get Together that just had her and some hired extras dance around and take selfies on stage?
I mean seriously...

Alchemist
#419 Old Yesterday at 3:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
And Rachel, the Dancing Clown didn't help either. Remember that reveal of Get Together that just had her and some hired extras dance around and take selfies on stage?
I mean seriously...

Rachel, that was bad. I did see her too much before game release. We had to see some of that for game info. Cringe.
Mad Poster
#420 Old Yesterday at 2:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I do not follow the PR at all. I do not go to the official site. I do not watch live streams, I do not look for them on twitter, etc. I just judge the products as to whether I am interested in them or not? I did not check into the PR of Honda before getting my car. Or Singer before getting my latest sewing machine, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, good PR is important/valuable for corporations, but the products speak for themselves.

TBH PR is a huge part of success; most people have to be told to like something. There are so many distractions nowadays that even good products can be lost in the muck.

PR makes up a massive amount of budget as well, and it’s one of the reasons why things like games sometimes cannot be delayed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#421 Old Yesterday at 2:28 PM
Here's some classic EA PR...

Best house, ever!

Video link-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9h_AG7AMw8
Screenshots
Alchemist
#422 Old Yesterday at 4:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
TBH PR is a huge part of success; most people have to be told to like something. There are so many distractions nowadays that even good products can be lost in the muck.

PR makes up a massive amount of budget as well, and it’s one of the reasons why things like games sometimes cannot be delayed.

Generally this is very true. My dad was in the ad biz for years. I was a model as a kid. You actually can buy me on ebay and see me in some antique malls. Crazy! LOL And even though very irritating I have learned about some new things I like on FB from the ads.

It is good I DVR 99% that I watch on TV. If did not I would be throwing a hammer at my TV as so fed up with the medicare ads.

I do not follow the PR for Sims as already am a Simmer since the game's inception, and most things of interest come up here in topics. And I do not need EA PR to tell me what to like or want. And much of the PR is aimed at a different audience than I am.
Page 17 of 17