Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Seeking Noticeboard (Two-Tile) - Including Pet Jobs

by MogHughson Posted 22nd Oct 2008 at 3:14 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 11:31 AM by MogHughson : More languages

284 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Test Subject
#201 Old 15th May 2009 at 10:12 AM
Can you also recolour this to japanese? =/
its 雇用を提供する in japanese. (koyou wo teikyou suru)
thanks =)
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#202 Old 15th May 2009 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melesha
Just a quick question - is this available in an apartment lot that i'm renting? :3
You can place the noticeboard is a residential lot as well as a community lot, so there should be no reason why you can't place it in an apartment lot either.

Cheers
Mog
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#203 Old 15th May 2009 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawaiikikio1
Can you also recolour this to japanese? =/
its 雇用を提供する in japanese. (koyou wo teikyou suru)
thanks =)
I'd love to add Japanese translations to this object, it's one of the few that is missing. I'm not sure which string you have translated there, but could you go here and provide the translations for the very few strings needed and I will add them in. I have one or two outstanding languages to upload so I have enough for a batch upload to include yours too.

Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#204 Old 22nd May 2009 at 8:40 AM
Thank you! You are my savior- thanks!
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:37 AM
Amazing - a MUST HAVE!
This is seriously one of the best mods I've downloaded in regards to its usefulness. I don't find it to be "cheaty" in any way... the limit to jobs available per day is ridiculous as designed. As you mentioned, the number of careers makes the newspaper/computer limits even more frustrating (I've spent 2 weeks trying to get the job I wanted before giving up and just picking something from the next day's paper!). But even worse is that the computer job list seems to almost always repeat all three jobs from the newspaper and only gives two new ones, meaning you really only get 5 options per day, not 8.

Since I am currently going through the game creating a Sim for each career and playing them to max job levels, I was getting infuriated by the job availability limitations. It may seem more "realistic" I suppose, in that not all jobs are always available, but I prefer to look at it from the perspective that there are never only 3 jobs in the classifieds in reality, and often times the same type of job is available with dozens of different companies; since Sims 2 doesn't provide different "companies" then I will accept the Job Board as a fairly balanced, non-cheaty alternative.

Semi-Edit: I was going to mention that I had a problem occur when I put two boards in my community center, one a recolor for pets jobs, and one a recolor for normal jobs (I know they function the same, was just doing it for aesthetic reasons). I *thought* doing this broke both boards as pet jobs were never available. But when I just now noticed your linked FAQ, I realized that I must have picked up an moved the boards, thus changing the settings. Now that I know about that, it's an easy fix.

There are ZERO problems with this that I have noticed, and I've already used them for several sims with all EPs and SPs (minus M&G, too broke lol). Thanks for a "life" saving mod - that is, the life of my keyboard and mouse, which were bearing the brunt of my EAxian-inspired anger.

Thanks a million, top notch, 10 stars and all that jazz. I'm a guy, but I'll still have your baby.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#206 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JCSpencer
I'm a guy, but I'll still have your baby.
(A true laugh out loud moment for me)
Scholar
#207 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:29 AM
Great, I can have a Job seeking Agency in my downtown now, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 2:30 AM
I wish I'd downloaded this the moment you posted it. The father in my current family went through his entire teens and three days into adulthood without being offered his LTW job track. Too late for him, but I play the entire Uber-megahood and I've lots of jobless Sims right now. Thank you for this and all your objects, several of which are on my "can't play without it!" list.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 8:07 PM
thank you so much, i have been meaning to download this for awhile
Test Subject
#210 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 10:33 AM
Thank you so much for including Simlish versions! Sims don't understand human, after all.

i like roks
Test Subject
#211 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:05 PM
Whenever i try to get a rar file from this site it never saves as a rar file. it's icon is just a piece of paper and i can't extract anything :S
anyway, if this works i'll be super greatful!!
This should make job hunting alot easier and way less annoying.
#212 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:11 PM
Do you currently have *any* rar-extracting software installed?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#213 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:05 PM
This is a really excellent idea! Thanks for making it available.
Test Subject
#214 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 7:23 PM
Now I can get my sims the job they always dreamed of. Without this I'd be waiting days before I can find the exact job they are looking for.
Well done! This is truly a superb creation!
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:52 AM
This solves so many problems - you're awesome
Test Subject
#216 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 11:35 AM
You have just improved my gameplay enjoyment! I feel like crying when they steal the paper and I cant get my broke sim a MUCH NEEDED job. Thank you.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#217 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 10:33 PM
Hi everyone - there is now also a one-tile version of this noticeboard.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
#218 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:47 PM
Yep. I got it already.

Test Subject
#219 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:40 AM
awsome i can`t wait to downloadXD
one question...when you add a job from this website(ex. download modeling career) will it appear on the list
i hope so
thx alot this is great
five stars :D
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#220 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:25 AM
Yes any custom careers that you download will also show up whether you downloaded them before or after adding the noticeboard to your game.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 2:53 PM
This is fantastic, I do love your creations so much, a big thank you from me.
Test Subject
#222 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:16 PM
Awesome. I really got annoyed from waiting days and weeks to get my Sims the job I wanted. Thank.
#223 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:29 PM
What the censored bleep? I know for a fact that this is in my game, having USED it often enough, but when I use a tool I`ve written just for the purpose to check if I`ve REdownloaded it since losing my library of archives [the tool checks both "installed" and "awaiting instalation" archives, as well as stuff that is actually installed in-game], it says I have it neither in my new library of archives nor --and this is the weird part-- in-game! My tool uses the MTS file ID number to identify things, and the only way for an upload to get a new ID number is if the upload is reuploaded with a different filename, with the old file deleted. If an upload is reuploaded to the same post with the same name, it replaces the old file and keeps the old ID number.

Mog, did you upload an update in such a fashion that it would have a new ID number?

Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#224 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 10:15 PM
No - The download count is lost if you do that - and there have been enough downloads to convince me that I have not done that.

Field Researcher
#225 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 6:30 PM
Thanks for this!

I do have a problem using it, though.

I can get a job from it, but the carpool never shows up. The carpool will show up for sims who got jobs from other objects like the computer or newspaper, but it won't for sims who got jobs off the noticeboard.

I ran my CC through Hack Conflict Detector Utility and only found benign Inteen/Insim conflicts.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Page 9 of 12