Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Floor Overlays- Add Character to Your Lots! (Sidewalk Chalk!)

by Phaenoh Posted 13th Aug 2009 at 12:53 AM - Updated 11th Sep 2012 at 10:53 PM by Phaenoh

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 5:26 PM
Wonderful! My schoolyards looked so bleak; this is perfect!
Thank you,
Kat
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 8:53 PM
ahh these are so cute!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#53 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 6:54 PM
Those are fab - I've posted on both your's and Pixelhate's pages - fab.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:41 AM
This is so cute! How'd I miss it...? Thanks!
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 7:41 PM
awesome
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 12:25 PM
These are awesome, thanks so much!
I wanted to share with everyone that I worked out a way of putting your lovely patterns on tables, walls, etc. You place them on a stackable OMSP, (one that rotates it 90 degrees if you want to put them on walls), then put that on an OMSP of the appropriate height. It looks really nice when you do things like putting cracks on a desk or table, paint splatters on an artist's couch, and chalk drawing on a child's walls. I hope people find this tip useful! ^^
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 12:26 PM
Thanks, really fantastic.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 8:22 PM
Awesome! I never thought of anything like this, but its so perfect for houses with kids!
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 11:58 PM
are you and pixelhate like going out? i got the factory wallpapers from him for smmi's "squatter's dream"
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 2:21 AM
No we aren't. We are just both good artists who wanted to work on a project together. I should think Kalimos would be jealous if he thought I was seeing Pix on the side!
Forum Resident
#61 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:44 AM
These are so cute! Will get a lot of use in my homes with kids and in my school. Thanks!
Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 8:29 PM
Question (prob a dumb one); Can cars drive over these since they are on a driveway?

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
We can't control the waves, but we can learn to surf!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by macroqueen
Question (prob a dumb one); Can cars drive over these since they are on a driveway?
Not a dumb question at all, I never thought about it. I assume so as this was cloned from Echo's awesome rug that allows for placement intersection, but I don't actually know first hand. Try it and report back will you?
Test Subject
#64 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 6:06 PM
I have to say, these floor prints were awesome!!

but there was one little problem when I use it. If I put it under the shadow(like under the eaves ), it'll disappered... I'm wondering what the problem is...

Well, I love these objects, THANK YOU!! they look great!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 7:47 PM
This is so cute and creative. Thank you!

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Scholar
#66 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 11:15 PM
Ah, the floor-version of the wall-overlay. And indeed, Pix has a hand in part of it. Look out, Phae... He's trying to corner the market in overlays, and I'm sure he's making a 'wear & tear' set for this one

Wonderful: two of my favorite creators work together and come up with this! Thank you both so much!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 4:23 AM
Um, it was actually me who approached Pix about doing these floor overlays and he and I were working on these recolors at the same time. I'm cool with him 'cornering the market' in overlays, he is an awesome texturer.
Scholar
#68 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 9:35 AM
Could you describe your problem in detail so we can try to provide help? ( you can't find them, you can't grab them, they're flashing, ...)

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Scholar
#69 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 7:44 PM
Sorry for the delay...

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
#70 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 4:54 PM
In reference to the question of cars driving over these, I thought you`d like to know that I`ve recently placed one in the STREET using MoveObjects On, and the carpool had no trouble arriving.

Erm, I *think* it was one of these. At least it was a "rug" that looked like a hop-scotch area. The description said it was based on Echo`s 3x4 rug. ::shrug:: Anyway, even if it isn`t one of these, it indicates that these should work that way, as they *are* both "rugs".

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 3:04 AM
wow - what a fantastic idea and the results look so good! Thank you so much! I can't wait to draw all over the driveway!! =)
Test Subject
#72 Old 30th May 2010 at 5:22 AM
aww.... this is so cute... love it <3 thanks so much
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 4:03 PM
Default :d
WOW AMAZING!

thanks im really enjoying this
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM
This isn't easy to say but...

I LOVE YOU! :D

Well.. okay. It wasn't THAT Hard.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 11:49 PM
Absolutely brilliant! What a creative and unique addition to my game.

Thank you so much for these.

centime
Page 3 of 5