Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Seeking Noticeboard (One-Tile) - Including Pet Jobs

by MogHughson Posted 16th Nov 2009 at 6:19 PM - Updated 28th Aug 2010 at 11:37 AM by MogHughson : People are not reading the two-tile version text

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 6:34 PM
Fantastic, Mog! Thank you!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 6:56 PM
good to have a one-tile, thanks!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Banned
#4 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 7:09 PM
Thank you so much it looks great! Sorry I wasn't able to make it, but I'm glad you have it uploaded. Well done! .
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 7:29 PM
Thanks for the one-tiler..I kept forgetting to put the two tile one up, and never used it..alas. But this one will get used!
#6 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 7:48 PM
Hmm, this could have been repositoried to the two-tile version, but wasn`t, so people wouldn`t need both, si?

::nab::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Instructor
#7 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 8:35 PM
I love this, it's one of my favorite mods. Thanks for making a one-tile version! Previous recolors should work with it, right?
#8 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 8:41 PM
Not if it wasn`t repositoried, in which case the download should have been tagged that the original was *required*.

Banned
#9 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 9:10 PM
As far as I know G.O.D. repositories don't work on paintings, and this was cloned from a painting.
#10 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 9:27 PM
Odd; I have some paintings that pull textures from other paintings....

Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 10:25 PM
The textures are different - less job cards, different (shorter) text, so they are not repositoried, you will need to make new recolours as I did for the smaller painting area. It is not repositoried - is a completely stand-alone object not requiring the 2-tile one. I'll update the text slightly to make that clear.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Field Researcher
#12 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 11:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks for making my game even better!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Odd; I have some paintings that pull textures from other paintings....

As do I. I know I have a painting that pulls images off of the Grilled Cheese painting and another that pulls off The Lady In Red (at least I think that's what it is called.)

As to this, I have not had much desire to go to community lots for a long time due to the sheer amount of time needed to get to them, but I have a new faster computer and I actually intend to make community lots my sims enjoy. And both this and the two tile will go in them (depending on size and decor). Thank you.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:43 PM
I think in general the comments about repositoried paintings is not so much that you can't do it, but that often it doesn't make sense in the way using the same wooden texture or coloured portion across multiple objects would. If the picture in your painting is suitable to repository to another object then you can, but often it will not be. A 'matching' painting may well often mean actually not the identical texture - as in this case.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
#15 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:14 PM
Faerieimp, I have those too, and a few others, but they`re nearly all TOOLS or "cheat objects" in the physical form of a painting. I`m not sure, but I think that one of the large sets I`ve downloaded from MTS might have one or two repositoried regular paintings in them somewhere.

MogHughson, I agree with you: it *can* be done, but generally *isn`t* due to seldom being appropriate use of textures in the context of paintings. I got the impression, however, that joninmobile figured that it just wouldn`t work at a technical level. ::shrug::

In any event, I agree that choosing to not repository this item is a valid option, not that it would do me any good to DISagree, da?

"It is not repositoried - is a completely stand-alone object not requiring the 2-tile one. I'll update the text slightly to make that clear."
Thank-you-and-your-welcome.

Banned
#16 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 8:20 PM
Oh yeah I was under the impression repositoried paintings didn't work. I once made a smaller two dogs and an olive painting, and tried to repository it with very bad results. Looking back I think it was my niaaveness on propperly assigning GUIDs that failed me.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 8:46 AM
The Pets job board would be perfect for pet stores. Thanks!
Scholar
#18 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 10:47 AM
"it can take a week sometimes before your career track appears."

Ha, that's really funny, Mog! I've had a sim who spent her entire adult life without ever finding her career choice on the computer! Your 2-tile version of this mod saved many of my other sims from the same fate. And now this smaller version will be a great alternative for the ones with little space on their walls.

Thank you once again!
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for a great download! Will make life much easier, especially with all the jobs I just downloaded :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 3:22 AM
sick work

Oh shit, my experiment went terribly bad. Well, at least you dealt with him. My name is Lord Bios. Chief Scientist and one of the more powerful of the Cursed Claw. Oh, and I'll be taking his sword. Farewell...
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 12:03 PM
Nice work. ^^
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 2:58 PM
I have just downloaded the other one but I think I like the one tile board even more, I'll have to try both, I am having such a great day checking all your awesome work out, thank you so much.
#23 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:31 PM
Mog, same issue and question here as I posted in the two-tile version.

...except that this time I`m not certain that it actually IS in-game already.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th May 2010 at 12:48 PM
Thank You!!!!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th May 2010 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Mog, same issue and question here as I posted in the two-tile version.

...except that this time I`m not certain that it actually IS in-game already.
Sorry - what issue? This mod was never posted on the Creator Feedback Forum, so the file ID problem you had with the two-tile cannot be explained with this one. Is that what you mean, or something else?

Page 1 of 3