Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Remove stencils/overlays from build/buy/CAS objects in game (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 9th Jun 2012 at 11:59 AM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM by velocitygrass : Note about patch 1.66

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 139 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#226 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:43 PM
THIS IS AMAZING!! THAK YOU♡
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#227 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 2:04 PM
Thanks sooo much. I am deco p-ing nearly everything and loving it! :D

The "sweat" -like pants are still shiny though, but that's not on you. Some (most) shine was removed just not above the creases. Stupid devs, not you. :D
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sbugg
I downloaded the cheat code version (up until recently, I only had the interaction version) so I could use this mod in CAS. I have to say, I LOVE this mod! I used it to remove speculars on all of one of my Sims' outfits, and while I did have to lighten the blacks, the clothes look a TRILLION times better without that unrealistic shine! I cannot say how much I love this mod! :lovestruc Now excuse while I go and track down some of my other Sims and de-shine their wardrobes...

I was usually just avoiding stuff, but yeah I'll have to improve others, as though I have the time, haha. Hopefully that Avoid Jacket will be a Wear-Me jacket!! (The one without a closure for women.)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#229 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:26 AM
Can't even begin to tell you how often I use this mod. It's a lifesaver. I'm so glad there's an easy way to get rid of that weird plasticky shine EA put on all the basegame clothes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#230 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:34 AM
Thank you! I was having trouble finding a bench or loveseat that looked nice with the Twigs-n-Sticks set from Supernatural, but using this along with wood texturing on that stupid pretzel bench from Showtime made it fit right in. :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#231 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 10:06 AM
This looks REALLY cool! And this is awesome, because I can still keep the stencils on things if I want or remove them on others, without having to download modded versions that remove stencils entirely.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:18 PM
This mod is a lifesaver, I can use so many objects and clothes now that I previously hated because of stupid stencils, overlays and/or speculars!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#233 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 4:54 AM
Dude, this is amazing! I'd never thought such a flexible and useful mod like this would even be possible! Thanks so much! One question, if we use your mod to remove a stencil on something and then include the de-stenciled object in a custom lot that we upload (to the Exchange, MTS, etc.) how should we credit you? Just put your username under credits? Leave a link? Something else? Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#234 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:53 AM
Huge thanks for this!!! I've never used some objects because I really hate stencils on them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#235 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 11:08 PM
Man this is so much SO MUCH of a lifesaver, well, timesaver for better understanding, haha! thank you so much!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#236 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 2:05 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#237 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:25 PM
I love this mod, thanks!
Working fine with 1.67
Scholar
THANKS POST
#238 Old 3rd Mar 2022 at 1:44 PM
I am so grateful for this mod!

I've been trying to put together Victorian style uniforms for the Royal Guards in my Nantrelor story. I'd got their tunics and their hats all worked out, but what would really set it off would be trousers with a military stripe down the side. But the only suitable trousers in the game look a bit shiny: fine if it is sexy silk pajamas you're after, but they didn't look right with the rest of it. Now I've discovered I can use this mod to remove the specular and, bingo! no more shine! My uniforms are complete at last. Thanks so much.
Field Researcher
#239 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 7:49 PM
Can this mod ALSO remove the shine on "Roof recolors" that use any roof from the roofing tools in build mode?
Page 10 of 10