Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#551 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
I second the ducks...and the bunnies. And the llamas.

I forgot about the ducks I still don't play cottage living in ts4 [I even don't know if we got foxes in sims 3 coming with the chicken coop I never tested this at all yet].

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#552 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I wonder if custom traits ARE possible in Sims 3... it would help with kinda making the technophobe trait more realistic and less of a blanket technology-hater trait. If not, make certain electronics like the smartphone, multitab, old timey telly, and retrotastic TV actually enjoyable for technophobes. Maybe even make it possible to do writing related stuff on the multitab, as well as art.

Also, maybe one that alerts the player when new npcs are being made? Or did nraas take care of that too?

Well to say if custom traits will be a reality in the future even though that's very hard I want :
Dislike pets, (as dislike children) - Carnivorous ( the contrary of vegetarian) - Hates reading -Procrastinator , well all the conflicts traits that are non existant in the game, and an improved version of Born salesman I think this trait is very useless.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
Mad Poster
#553 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Well to say if custom traits will be a reality in the future even though that's very hard I want :
Dislike pets, (as dislike children) - Carnivorous ( the contrary of vegetarian) - Hates reading -Procrastinator , well all the conflicts traits that are non existant in the game, and an improved version of Born salesman I think this trait is very useless.

And what about a mod where a major event can trigger a trait change in the middle of a life stage? Like if a child sees a parent getting abducted, the child could end up becoming neurotic, or if a lot of things go wrong, a sim could gain the loser or unlucky trait, or even become a hothead. Getting overindulged can lead to a trait being replaced by 'Diva' while either Rebellious or Inappropriate could result at random from heavy-handed or lax discipline. Absent-Mindedness can be the result of a child watching too much TV and playing too many video games, and sims could also become Couch Potatoes. Bad relationships with parents and lack of attention could lead to traits like Insane, Rebellious, Social Butterfly, Diva, etc. Aging into elderhood and not having much experience with technology can lead to technophobia, as could witnessing someone dying from electrocution, or seeing one's child just sitting on the couch and watching TV all day.

With traits like Rebellious, it would be realistic for a child whose parents are too restrictive with rules to rebel - there are many a story of teens doing that. Like one girl whose parents didn't let her go anywhere or do anything - kept her on a tight leash. She wasn't allowed to do much except for Church functions. She got pregnant. Turned out she was sneaking out of her window to see a guy. With traits like Diva and Social Butterfly, I have a feeling that these people either didn't get enough attention or were those cute, smart kids whose parents would teach a few songs and maybe they'd teach them to spell some hard words or rattle off a few facts - like my mom did - then when they're too old to be cute, they suffer from attention withdrawals and have to seek it in some way or another.
Forum Resident
#554 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 7:24 PM
And what about a mod where a major event can trigger a trait change in the middle of a life stage? Like if a child sees a parent getting abducted, the child could end up becoming neurotic, or if a lot of things go wrong, a sim could gain the loser or unlucky trait, or even become a hothead. Getting overindulged can lead to a trait being replaced by 'Diva' while either Rebellious or Inappropriate could result at random from heavy-handed or lax discipline. Absent-Mindedness can be the result of a child watching too much TV and playing too many video games, and sims could also become Couch Potatoes. Bad relationships with parents and lack of attention could lead to traits like Insane, Rebellious, Social Butterfly, Diva, etc. Aging into elderhood and not having much experience with technology can lead to technophobia, as could witnessing someone dying from electrocution, or seeing one's child just sitting on the couch and watching TV all day.

With traits like Rebellious, it would be realistic for a child whose parents are too restrictive with rules to rebel - there are many a story of teens doing that. Like one girl whose parents didn't let her go anywhere or do anything - kept her on a tight leash. She wasn't allowed to do much except for Church functions. She got pregnant. Turned out she was sneaking out of her window to see a guy. With traits like Diva and Social Butterfly, I have a feeling that these people either didn't get enough attention or were those cute, smart kids whose parents would teach a few songs and maybe they'd teach them to spell some hard words or rattle off a few facts - like my mom did - then when they're too old to be cute, they suffer from attention withdrawals and have to seek it in some way or another.

Your idea is very realistic and it could be easily included in the sims. We got the mood switching all the time in the sims 4 why not the traits switching often (and in the sims 3 that also could fit it as the open world leads them to live special events) By the way they only surface the idea of changing when mid-life crisis come to your sims life. It is true that in real life , traumas and/or blessed events can switch our personality no matter the age we are currently. If only the game was not too much computer ressource gready it will be a fantastic mod or addon. However you can easy up to 3Gb of ram in this game. Better to get a powerful computer or a playing with no cc with a such mod. (Myself with my computer I couldn't play with)

But people who doesn't really want an absolute model on real life gameplay and enjoy how the sims 3 personality are already, better to simply add traits and/or add more possibilities with.

Forum Resident
#555 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 8:26 PM
I feel like I've posted this in this thread at some point, but anyway - I really wish the handiness skill gain or whatever for unclogging a toilet could be disabled. As trivial as that sounds, I don't like my Sims gaining random skills just because, and if you don't do it yourself you have to call the repairman every time to fix a damn clogged toilet lol.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#556 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 3:04 AM
Mods for left handedness - like make one out of ten sims have the 'Lefty' hidden trait. Children with a Lefty parent will have a 10-15% bonus chance of being a Lefty, and having two Lefty parents would give a bonus of 20-30%. Lefty sims would have custom adapted animations for writing, painting, and operating certain appliances like the microwave and processor, and using remotes, playing guitars and other instruments, etc.

Is a mod like that possible?
Forum Resident
#557 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:24 AM
Mods for left handedness - like make one out of ten sims have the 'Lefty' hidden trait. Children with a Lefty parent will have a 10-15% bonus chance of being a Lefty, and having two Lefty parents would give a bonus of 20-30%. Lefty sims would have custom adapted animations for writing, painting, and operating certain appliances like the microwave and processor, and using remotes, playing guitars and other instruments, etc.

Is a mod like that possible?

an other great idea from you ^^

___

I don't know if I already spoke about having a nap in the bathtub when you took a bath okay this is from the sims 4 but I appreciate this a lot.

Mad Poster
#558 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:26 AM
Another post because thread is dying and well, it's fun to bounce ideas around.

Anyway... I wish there were some special interactions for Inappropriate Sims in the Ghost Hunter profession in the 'Friendly' category: Ask about family mental illness history, Ask about recent nectar/herb consumption, Ask inappropriate question about reproductive cycle (for female Sims only). Yes, it's a reference to the 1984 Ghostbusters movie.
Top Secret Researcher
#559 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 6:19 AM
I would like a mod that allows sims to hand each other babies and toddlers directly.
Mad Poster
#560 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 1:50 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 4th Nov 2021 at 5:42 AM.
How about a mod that allows occults to get clone vouchers?

Edit: Also, how about one that keeps vegetarian sims from deep frying meat products? I really don't want Zedadias Wick to get himself sick with deep fried fish or turkey leg...
Test Subject
#561 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 12:42 AM
Maybe this is more of a career request, but I wish the custom skills (Programming/Knitting/Sewing) would get incorporated into custom careers more.
Mad Poster
#562 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 1:05 AM
Would it be possible to create new shell buildings out of rabbit hole ones (like base game school for example)? Would be kinda fun to actually to revonate the inside of it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#563 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Would it be possible to create new shell buildings out of rabbit hole ones (like base game school for example)? Would be kinda fun to actually to revonate the inside of it.

You can change and add rabbitholes associated with shells we already have, I think (i.e. those from Showtime, LN and ITF), but I don't think anyone has figured out how to create new ones yet, unfortunately.

That being said, your best bet is to use rabbithole rugs in a constructed building.
Scholar
#564 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 9:51 PM
I think that the question was actually "can I change a rabbithole object to behave as one of the shell buildings from Late Night or Roaering Heights?"
My guess would be maybe? If the shell buildings have a script, and you could fit the two things on one lot, you could use Transmogrifier to copy the shell script and change the rabbithole to that. I have changed one rabbithole to another with this method. But I don't know how the shell buildings work, whether they are scripted or there's some other mechanism I don't know about, so I don't know if my idea applies.
Mad Poster
#565 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:14 AM
This is kind of a simple, cute idea... like maybe making the "Ghost Buggy" from Filmation's Ghostbusters a custom vehicle? Like if you have a Sim in the Ghosthunter Profession, you could have your sim drive in style in the Ghost Buggy. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the Ghost Buggy cannot talk or complain. Your sim, however, could build a relationship with the Ghost Buggy as with any other vehicle.
Mad Poster
#566 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 2:02 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 9th Nov 2021 at 2:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
You can change and add rabbitholes associated with shells we already have, I think (i.e. those from Showtime, LN and ITF), but I don't think anyone has figured out how to create new ones yet, unfortunately.

That being said, your best bet is to use rabbithole rugs in a constructed building.

Yeah, that's not what I want. I want to say decorate the inside of rabbit holes of/in Sunset Valley as that would save me time and not having to rely/wait for builders to creeate fitting buildings for the town, as I suck at building.

Another mod I wish existed: made the time portal spawn on a special occasion (sorta like how genie lamp was delivered in TS2:FT) instead of just spawning every start of new game. I'm fine with the University Mascot just showing with the kid once a Sim ages into YA, but disabled for a start of new game.

Forum Resident
#567 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 6:08 PM Last edited by lakme : 9th Nov 2021 at 6:46 PM.
Not a mod but man I want someone to convert that Incheon Ajrport TS4 cultural kit pack to TS3. Someone already converted an outfit from it but I want more!
Field Researcher
#568 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 4:51 PM
Can somebody please make a mod so that when your sim graduates from University, Everybody doesn't crowd around the annex and prevent your sim from actually graduating!?!

Better yet, a mod where your sim gets their degree wether or not they actually attend graduation, just if they have sufficient credits and grades?
Field Researcher
#569 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 6:48 PM
I wish when sims gave lectures from the Uni podium the sims listening sat down instead of just standing there in front of it. What was EA thinking?
Mad Poster
#570 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
Better yet, a mod where your sim gets their degree wether or not they actually attend graduation, just if they have sufficient credits and grades?

NRaass DebugEnabler can be used to grant your sim, or any sim, the degree you want them to have at the GPA they earned once they are back in their homeworld. All benefits of the degrees are conveyed without the need to attend graduation. In theory, the degree certs were supposed to arrive in the mail back home if graduation was missed and the benefits conveyed then by the game itself, but I'm not sure that ever worked the way it was meant to.
Mad Poster
#571 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 12:36 AM
A hack that allows a Sim that quit a job (or maybe switch) not completely lose the position-level when reapplying (quits at level 7, but gets a headstart of lvl-4) or where they left off, while quitting at the very top guaranted the same final position. But unless Sim got fired in either case, then they should start over.

Reason: it would make much more sense and realistic to how it works in life, because employers would and should give you more tough positions that are confident to hire you back for a job you after some years returning, knowing you be able to handle it looking at your resume of career past that say you was a CEO and wish to reapply after 62 years in Business, only to be working back again as a coffee courier I understand the penalty if you quit too soon the job not mid level, cause it leaves bad impression to commitment/competency, but when you been long enough there's no reason and benefit for them to hand a higher position you deserve.

Mad Poster
#572 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A hack that allows a Sim that quit a job (or maybe switch) not completely lose the position-level when reapplying (quits at level 7, but gets a headstart of lvl-4) or where they left off, while quitting at the very top guaranted the same final position.

Shimrod has a Rehire at the Same Level mod hosted at The Sims Asylum. I've been using it for years. It breaks on careers that have split tracks for sims at the higher levels (e.g., Music, Law Enforcement, I forget what the others are) but it can be easily removed and put back later and MC called into play to fix broken careers if something bad happens.
Forum Resident
#573 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
Can somebody please make a mod so that when your sim graduates from University, Everybody doesn't crowd around the annex and prevent your sim from actually graduating!?!

Or high school. I know there's a mod that is supposed to do that but it doesn't work for me.
Mad Poster
#574 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Or high school. I know there's a mod that is supposed to do that but it doesn't work for me.

All YAs and older in the game are assumed to have successfully graduated from high school no matter how well or poorly they did and whether or not they ever attended a ceremony. I must be missing something, what are you seeing missing, besides maybe the diploma itself to hang on the wall, from not bothering with the high school grad ceremony?
Forum Resident
#575 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
All YAs and older in the game are assumed to have successfully graduated from high school no matter how well or poorly they did and whether or not they ever attended a ceremony. I must be missing something, what are you seeing missing, besides maybe the diploma itself to hang on the wall, from not bothering with the high school grad ceremony?

Oh, I just meant ability to skip the high school grad ceremony. The mod just always delayed it, rather than getting rid of it entirely.

Two things from TS4 I'd like to see in TS3:
- Pregnancy tests
- More varied poses for selfies
Page 23 of 35